Trailers: Sonic Generations - DreamCast Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Sonic Generations - DreamCast Trailer

Sonic has a bit of a personality disorder in the latest addition to the series.

Watch Video

VitusPrime

Sep 26, 2008
...Was that 'City Escape' level I just say...Damn Sega...Damn...stop using our Nostalgia!

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I still play Sonic Adventure to this day, I AM EXCITED FOR A SONIC GAME, that alone is nostalgia.

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
They really couldn't help themselves, it seems: "Must...add...friend...have to...add...fuckup."

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
I hope Generation will also have modern and classic Sonic running down the building like he did in Sonic Aventure. That was the best part of the Speed Highway.

And Shadow will make an appearance in the game. Weird, since he started out on Dreamcast. I'm gussing it'll be bad ass Shadow from Adventure 2 and gun toting, motorcycle riding, crappy Shadow from this generation. Just a thought.

airrazor7

Nov 8, 2010
Rodrigo Girao said:
Why bother with Sonic Heroes? Didn't everyone hate that one?
What? Really? I thoroughly enjoyed that game and played it to 100% completion. Also everyone that I know of that will give sonic games a try considers heroes one of the best.
The first part of the true ending metal sonic boss battle was kind of annoying though.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Huh...really wasn't expecting to see Shadow there, although it may work out well.

If the game really is taking place across different eras of Sonic games then it'd make sense to have some of the bosses/enemies from those games.

Hence, we have Shadow as a boss related to the Sonic Adventure 2 stages.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
airrazor7 said:
What? Really? I thoroughly enjoyed that game and played it to 100% completion. Also everyone that I know of that will give sonic games a try considers heroes one of the best.
The first part of the true ending metal sonic boss battle was kind of annoying though.
I liked it. My point opinion is rendered invalid by actually liking Adventure, Adventure 2, Shadow (the character), and the day levels in Unleashed, though. Apparently I'm some freak who loves torture?

Anyway: I already knew I'd be getting this, every trailer I see just makes me want it more.

airrazor7

Nov 8, 2010
shrekfan246 said:
airrazor7 said:
I liked it. My point opinion is rendered invalid by actually liking Adventure, Adventure 2, Shadow (the character), and the day levels in Unleashed, though. Apparently I'm some freak who loves torture?

Anyway: I already knew I'd be getting this, every trailer I see just makes me want it more.
I guess we're freaks(birds) of a feather then because I enjoyed both Sonic Adventure games. It took awhile for Shadow to grow on me and I believe that Unleashed would have been an excellent game if the night levels, coin hunting and the 'werehog' concept were axed from the game. I'll enjoy the torture with ya.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
airrazor7 said:
Snip
I guess we're freaks(birds) of a feather then because I enjoyed both Sonic Adventure games. It took awhile for Shadow to grow on me and I believe that Unleashed would have been an excellent game if the night levels, coin hunting and the 'werehog' concept were axed from the game. I'll enjoy the torture with ya.
Well, I'm glad to hear about another person who doesn't irrationally hate Sonic just because he's Sonic and in a 3D game.

(Oh, and if you have a Wii and don't have Sonic Colors, pick it up. That game is amazing, especially when compared to his previous games. The story is still absolutely bonkers, but the overall game is exactly what you described would have made Unleased an excellent game.)

ShadowDude112

Mar 9, 2009
The Great JT said:
The second I saw Shadow, I thought, "this is doomed to suck."
All I read out of that was "BAWWWW SHADOW WAS IN 2 SECONDS OF IT! HE'S OBVIOUSLY A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!" When he's not. He's a rival battle.

OP:Anyways, I'm excited for the game.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Wow. You'd think the last thing they would want to do when pushing this as a good game is remind people of Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes and say "THIS GAME IS GOING TO HAVE STUFF FROM THESE TWO PILES OF CRAP!!" They should have said "Sonic Adventure 2... Sonic Heroes... Nothing from those two games in this one, we're making good levels instead!"

And then Shadow? REALLY?! I don't know why I even pay attention to anything new regarding Sonic anymore, SEGA will clearly never put out a good game again. Yes I'm including Sonic 4 and Sonic Colors in that statement, deal with it. Try all you want to tell me I should like them, but I won't. I wised up after all you people said Sonic Rush was great. Sonic Rush sucked and I refuse to be fooled again.