Trailers: Star Wars: The Old Republic - Inquisitor Character Trailer

The Dutchess

Feb 24, 2011
I played beta and thought the game looked great even when they locked the graphics on low! There are some storylines I liked and some I didn't. If you're not enjoying the one you picked there are 7 others to choose from. There's going to be at least one you find compelling. It really is set up just like kotor except the combat is much better (and also more varied obviously with 8 classes to choose from). The companions slot into the main storyline - it's not just "Hey, why don't you take Random NPC X with you?" - and their AI is pretty damn good. They really work as intended.
Basically I was tired of mmos and their same old crap but SWTOR has got me excited again. Perhaps because I rate story and characters above all else but I can't wait to play. Send me my early access email Bioware!!

Ranquest

Nov 10, 2009
On topic<
Dully trailer for how much I loved the beta,(A lot)

Off topic
Arec Balrin said:
If anyone who didn't try the beta wants to know: yes, that is as good as the game looks. In fact Knights of The Old Republic, that gem of a game BioWare gave us in *2003* looks way better.
Are you high?

Gustof26 said:
Arec Balrin said:
If anyone who didn't try the beta wants to know: yes, that is as good as the game looks. In fact Knights of The Old Republic, that gem of a game BioWare gave us in *2003* looks way better.
I...just don't get it. It makes so little sense why the graphics are so low res. I understand art styles, and perhaps even begrudgingly accept that their needed so more people can play the game. I just don't see why they need to have it look so...bleh.

Funny though the newly released Guild wars 2 Mesmer feels more Sith like then the actual sith Class.
I would like to congratulate you on bring up GW2 in record speed with the 4th post of a SWTOR thread. Unfortunately I can't, as someone usually brings it up much faster then that.

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
So... Who else is bothered with the fact that the Assassin is using the worst possible weapon an actual assassin can use?

Anomynous 167

May 6, 2008
So... Who else is bothered by the fact that two of the Sith Empire's starting classes have nothing to do with their job descriptions?
When I see a class titled "Inquisitor", I expect that most of the classes abilities to be devoted to handing out surveys, and dealing out really tough questions.
When I see a class titled "Agent"; I expect that class to be either selling newspapers behind the counter of a store (for instance, a news-agency); doing receptionary work; or telling every one around town that they are not an agent, and thus secretly being a secret agent.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
Heh, Inquisitor?
I doubt I'm the first to say this, but I never expected the Sith Inquisition.

GrindBass

Jun 7, 2009
Coldie said:
About 1 minute in, Khem Val (the big shaved gorilla) falls down the moment more than one mob looks at him funny. He's your tank companion and he won't survive a non-trivial fight without healing after level 25.
Just to make sure - you were gearing him up, weren't you?

bliebblob

Plushy wrangler, die-curious
Sep 9, 2009
2xDouble said:
Yeah, but can it do this?
Finally! I've been saving a bottle for this day!

Now just get a release date out before the rest of my wine goes sour!

Coldie

Oct 13, 2009
GrindBass said:
Just to make sure - you were gearing him up, weren't you?
Yes, definitely. Every single quest upgrade and any suitable drops, all went to him. By level 29 he fell so far behind that the game turned into a tedious grind against overwhelming enemy forces. Two silver mob pulls or one silver + trash required healing, while a gold mob would have me healing full-time, throwing out a DOT or two between heals (a pull with just weak or regular mobs did almost no damage). The armor nerf for tank companions was pretty significant, and 25-30 is where the game gets harder in general. Perhaps it was a hint that I should've switched over to a healing spec or the new DPS companion, Steven Blum.

On the other hand, Trooper/Commando is fantastic. Heavy armor, decent mobility, high damage. I didn't play Commando as much, but found it a lot more satisfying, if not as flashy as Sorcerer. By level 15-ish Commandos get around 3 AOE spells that allow you to murder the hell out of trash mobs, as opposed to Sorcerer's weaksauce first AoE being available as a level 20 talent (Chain Lightning).

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
Played the Beta weekend.

Most fun I've had in an MMO in ages.

Not much more to say really, I've no desire to get into arguments with those who've already made up their minds about the quality of this game several months ago.

Steampunk Viking

Jan 15, 2010
Capitano Segnaposto said:
Vrach said:
I've actually played both KOTOR and KOTOR 2 in the last few months. I've played the beta during the last two weekends. Your glasses are so remarkably rose tinted, I'm afraid you might have gone completely blind.

TOR looks remarkably better than KOTOR games do and that's even without anti-aliasing, Ultra settings and everything else that comes with a final build (although you can go ahead and google some screenshots/videos where people forced AA if you're so inclined, the Ultra option ain't in yet though).
Thank you!

I don't understand why some people have to constantly ***** over ever little thing, here I will try it with Guild Wars 2:

I got nothin. I will just be the sane guy and play "BOTH" games at the same time. Will save me time and headaches.
I completely agree with the both of you - sorry, I only got to this post before realising the previous few posts that bashes the game undeservedly just got on my nerves.

Having played the beta for this and KOTOR1, I would say this is much more polished graphicswise than KOTOR1, but this reveal trailer is pretty bad at showing it. It's also less buggy I found too (sorry, Bioware are usually good for beta testing bugs, and don't get me wrong, I loved KOTOR... when melee combat didn't freeze my character in place).

Also, to people who want to bash the game for being "low on the graphics department", can I just throw this out... how many players does WoW have now? Millions? Must be the amazingly detailed graphics it has...

Anyways! OT - The Sith Inquisitor is an awesome class. Loved playing it in the beta and will make a brand new one for my early access playthrough! (Which reminds me, that's due either today or the next few days...)

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
Well I played Inquisitor (Sorcerer) in beta and it felt really powerful, probably one of the top dps classes. Still, it's not a great trailer, and game isn't that impressive. I was bothered by noticeable lag, disconnects and other technical problems, but then again it was a beta. Overall fun experience (for a time) but will not be seeing my money since I still have to pick up Skyrim and Arkham City.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Arec Balrin said:
From a technical standpoint, you are talking out of your arse.

wooty said:
The lightning looks too overpowered too, kind of like the MMO's answer to the noobtube.
Its a trailer. Designed to make specific a class look good.

Duh.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Why does the armor look like shit... The Sorcerer looks like something from Brink with a dress and the other armor was so bathed in other game armor types of the MeleeCasterDress feel

Also why does IT STILL LOOK CLUNKY!

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Woodsey said:

wooty said:
The lightning looks too overpowered too, kind of like the MMO's answer to the noobtube.
Its a trailer. Designed to make specific a class look good.

Duh.
Hmmm, just makes the game look a bit......easy.

Which kind of worries me, Force Unleashed had the same kind of thing in its trailers and the game was practically a walkthrough.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Ldude893 said:
Heh, Inquisitor?
I doubt I'm the first to say this, but I never expected the Sith Inquisition.
Nobody expects the Sithish Inquisition!

You're welcome. heh.