Trailers: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U - E3 2013 Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U - E3 2013 Trailer

Hop into the battle and prepare for punches.

Watch Video

SonofaJohannes

Apr 18, 2011
Totally digging the new battlefield look, but honestly it just feels like more Brawl. The previous games always felt like a giant leap forward, but this time I'm not feeling it. Then again it's just a trailer, who knows how the game will feel.

Endocrom

Apr 6, 2009
At last, a Smash Bros. game I can honestly say I have no interest in. THE SPELL IS BROKEN!

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
So they're both the same game, but they're on two different platforms, have different graphics and different stages?
What....?

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
daxterx2005 said:
So they're both the same game, but they're on two different platforms, have different graphics and different stages?
What....?
I am guessing this will be a little like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Exactly the same game, but different resolution and maybe some changes in graphics. Based on my experience from Monster Hunter it could look pretty much the same because of the size of the screen.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
Yopaz said:
daxterx2005 said:
What....?

Exactly the same game, but different resolution and maybe some changes in graphics. Based on my experience from Monster Hunter it could look pretty much the same because of the size of the screen.
Sakurai already said the 3DS version is going to have stages based off of handheld games where as the Wii U version is going to have stages based on console games.
So we know they'll have different stages at least >.>

I just don't want them to force 3DS/Wii U connectivity stuff....

Like making the 3DS the controller for the Wii U game or something stupid like that.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
daxterx2005 said:
Yopaz said:
daxterx2005 said:
What....?

Sakurai already said the 3DS version is going to have stages based off of handheld games where as the Wii U version is going to have stages based on console games.
So we know they'll have different stages at least >.>

I just don't want them to force 3DS/Wii U connectivity stuff....

Like making the 3DS the controller for the Wii U game or something stupid like that.
Yeah, I agree. I'd rather have them make two separate good games and drop the connectivity if it isn't a good fit. It's going to be weird to play this without a GameCube controller in any case, but I guess I will get used to the classic controller soon enough.

I just hope this will be closer to Melee than Brawl though. That's my only demand for this game.