Trailers: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
SlightlyEvil said:
Kind of a recursive bad translation though, since the Queen song uses some gratuitous Japanese. It's a good song though, like absolutely everything Queen-related.
"Teo Torriatte" already uses some pretty bad Japanese. Maybe it's payback? XD

"Let Us Cling Together" Still sounds weak compared to "March of the Black Queen" or "Ogre Battle." Though it's still better than calling a game "Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon," I guess.

Qracle

Jan 20, 2010
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
This is some exciting news. This is a franchise worthy of high praise.

SlightlyEvil

Jan 17, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
SlightlyEvil said:
Kind of a recursive bad translation though, since the Queen song uses some gratuitous Japanese. It's a good song though, like absolutely everything Queen-related.
"Teo Torriatte" already uses some pretty bad Japanese. Maybe it's payback? XD

"Let Us Cling Together" Still sounds weak compared to "March of the Black Queen" or "Ogre Battle." Though it's still better than calling a game "Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon," I guess.
"Tactics Ogre: Fat Bottomed Girls".

Coming Fall 2011.

justnotcricket

Echappe, retire, sous sus PANIC!
Apr 24, 2008
I randomly picked up and played FF tactics A2 a while ago, and got completely hooked on it...

Seeing this trailer has brought the twitch back...

...must...play...*twitch* =D

Although I agree that the title is in the very best tradition of titles that just *don't* work when you translate them into English..it doesn't even make sense... =P

Ildecia

Nov 8, 2009
burningdragoon said:
Oh I've having an Ogre Batt.... er Tactics Ogre itch recently. Sadly no PSP to help me scratch it.

Haven't played one since the N64 one. Is it still balls-hard to get the "best" endings?
yes; yes it is.

OP: this is going to be awesome. release-day pick up. Definitely

Stevepinto3

Jun 4, 2009
Yep. Gonna have to go dust off my N64 to play some Battle Ogre while I wait for this.

Seriously though, Battle Ogre 64 is the only game from that console generation that I still get an urge to play from time to time.

Xorph

Aug 24, 2010
Aw, too bad I don't have a PSP. I still have Tactics Ogre for my Game Boy and I absolutely love it. Great turn-based strategy game, one of my favorites.

Memor-X

Oct 3, 2010
is it just me or does the trailer show a hell lot of sprites from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, it's got the Tactics Advance 2 feel to it (basic 32 bit isometric sprites with CG/Partial based attack animations), though as far as i know there hasn't been a Tactics Orge for quite some time so maybe Square Enix is using the same engine Tactics Advance1 & 2 cause i sware i saw the Reoda Volcano map from Advance in there

Dzil

May 20, 2009
I lolled when it kicked over to Japanese.

Don't own a PSP, so I guess I'm skipping this one. Meh, just play Battle for Wesnoth, in my opinion.

simmeh

Jan 25, 2009
Ildecia said:
burningdragoon said:
Oh I've having an Ogre Batt.... er Tactics Ogre itch recently. Sadly no PSP to help me scratch it.

Haven't played one since the N64 one. Is it still balls-hard to get the "best" endings?
yes; yes it is.

OP: this is going to be awesome. release-day pick up. Definitely
Funny, OB64 was probably the easiest game in the series to get the 'best' ending on, because you weren't on a time limit, and the game wasn't really challenging to begin with, and there was no confusing series of tasks that needed to be completed to get certain characters (hi Canopus).

As for the actual trailer, I see the still haven't decided on a spelling for 'Xytegenia', which was 'Zeteginia' in the last English release of an Ogre game (The Knight of Lodis, if I'm not mistaken). Also, in every other translation I've seen, the characters have been 'Denim', 'Kachua', and 'Vice'. I'm not sure about what happened there either. Maybe it's just a funny Japanese trailer, and the names will be changed

Also glad to see that the Ogre series is continuing its tradition of having ridiculously good soundtracks (not hard if you keep remixing and updating the same classic tunes).

If I had a PSP, I know I'd be buying this game. Alas, I must sate myself with... 'other' methods.

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Memor-X said:
is it just me or does the trailer show a hell lot of sprites from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, it's got the Tactics Advance 2 feel to it (basic 32 bit isometric sprites with CG/Partial based attack animations), though as far as i know there hasn't been a Tactics Orge for quite some time so maybe Square Enix is using the same engine Tactics Advance1 & 2 cause i sware i saw the Reoda Volcano map from Advance in there
I dunno other than the spells it looked exactly like the original version during the game play to me. I'm guessing then it's more that FFTA looks like TO, than TO looks like FFTA.

Memor-X

Oct 3, 2010
Eric the Orange said:
I dunno other than the spells it looked exactly like the original version during the game play to me. I'm guessing then it's more that FFTA looks like TO, than TO looks like FFTA.
well the only Tactics Orge i've played is the one on Nintendo 64, but i sware in the trailer i saw the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Blue Mage Viera

ARKSgtAlpha

Jul 16, 2009
oh i get it, its a fire emblem ripp off

PS and before anyone says anything
Fire Emblem one: 1990
first Ogre game: 1993

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
SpaceMedarotterX said:
ah now the perfect test of each posters maturity.

Don't know what TO is? then you don't know ****
Well, that's a little unfair. Tactics Ogre never had a PAL release. I'd certainly never heard of it before it was mentioned on this site. Is our level of "maturity" directly related to how much attention we pay to JRPG's that get released in America and Japan but nowhere else?

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
Andronicus said:
SpaceMedarotterX said:
ah now the perfect test of each posters maturity.

Don't know what TO is? then you don't know ****
Well, that's a little unfair. Tactics Ogre never had a PAL release. I'd certainly never heard of it before it was mentioned on this site. Is our level of "maturity" directly related to how much attention we pay to JRPG's that get released in America and Japan but nowhere else?
Maturity? no this is just a gauge of how much of a prick I am, I thought we'd established this by now?