Trailers: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Making of Trailer

Team Hollywood

Feb 9, 2009
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Making of Trailer

Watch how Bethesda makes Skyrim come to life.

Watch Video

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
I can't take it no more! I'm going to the Alps to freeze myself underneath a glacier. Someone come and dig me up again in 8 days.

freaper

snuggere mongool
Apr 3, 2010
The music still gets me, and while I wont be buying this on launch, I'm definitely looking forward to people's first impressions

Neotericity

Legal Assassin
May 20, 2009
I bet you the whole dev team will sleep for days after launch, can't imagine the work and overtime spent on this project, can't wait!

Speakercone

May 21, 2010
Great. when do I get a demo? I need to check that it'll work on my PC damnit! (I need an upgrade)

KillerMort

May 1, 2011
Did anyone else get chills at the end of the video, and notice how much better this looks from all the demos? The team has shown i mean they must have worked 16 hour days with how far the game has come.

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
Speakercone said:
Great. when do I get a demo? I need to check that it'll work on my PC damnit! (I need an upgrade)
:?

Sorry to burst your bubble... but no demo :(

Bethesda have never done Demos. Their games are too big and stuff is too intertwined to cut stuff out for a Demo release. Theoretically they could try a trial, but that would require an active internet connection for use and bethesda don't want to force people to be online to enjoy their entirely Single Player games. I believe that's why they dropped Gfwl from Skyrim and switched to a pure steam platform.

Speakercone

May 21, 2010
Ragsnstitches said:
Speakercone said:
:?

Sorry to burst your bubble... but no demo :(

Bethesda have never done Demos. Their games are too big and stuff is too intertwined to cut stuff out for a Demo release. Theoretically they could try a trial, but that would require an active internet connection for use and bethesda don't want to force people to be online to enjoy their entirely Single Player games. I believe that's why they dropped Gfwl from Skyrim and switched to a pure steam platform.
Yeah. Sucks to be me :p I suppose I'll just have to be really careful about reading the system reqs. Thanks for the information, mate. I might have held out for a demo otherwise :p

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
All aboard the hype train baby!

Whoo whoo!
*Gets on Train*

Mind if i join you? xD

OT: This game looks awesome, better than other Elder Scroll titles, Usually get bored of them after like a day...

Hopefull this will be different! Me wants to battle the Dragons!

crhoades

Jul 2, 2010
well bethesda released the specs needed to run the game on PC.Here you are.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/25/skyrim-pc-specs-announced.aspx

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
Mining, tanning, lumberjacking, smithing, saw someone grinding herbs in there for alchemy...

Is there any way to make yourself sleep for 8 days?

Dec 14, 2009
Aethren said:
Mining, tanning, lumberjacking, smithing, saw someone grinding herbs in there for alchemy...

Is there any way to make yourself sleep for 8 days?
It's risky, but I think we can pull it off.

We need to make two Falcon Punches hit each other, that should cause enough concussive force to knock us out for a week without any serious harm.

Or we might destroy the universe.

But that's a risk I'm willing to take.

Rossmallo

Feb 20, 2008
These next seven days are going to be the most agonising of my entire life, and I am not being sarcastic in any way here. No movie, no game, no TV show have I looked forward to more in my entire 21.25 years of existance. I've waited years for this day, and it's going to feel like that all over again for this next week.

Dec 14, 2009
Rossmallo said:
These next seven days are going to be the most agonising of my entire life. I've waited years for this day, and it's going to feel like that all over again for these next few days.
Be strong. We can get through this.

We must.

It's fucking Skyrim.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
I guess it's kind of odd that the two things that stuck in my mind were "315 play areas" and "wow, those sandwiches look kind of tasty, too bad they don't include them with the game so you don't have to make lunch the first day you have the game".

Largely because 315 play areas actually seems kind of small for this kind of game, since that includes areas that are big and small from what they were saying. The way it sounds is that like every building that has it's own space would be it's own "play area" and if you start considering how many buildings and stuff you entered in say "Oblivion" it makes me think that despite all the "stuff" in the game this might actually be a very small play area.

... and also because, damn, I want a Sandwich now even though I just ate dinner. Bloody medication does this to me .

Also on an unrelated note I had a lulzworthy idea given Bethesda's recent non-gaming activity. I feel kind of sorry about them losing in court, maybe we should start the world's dumbest lawsuit, and try and sue them without a lawyer claiming that this trailer wasn't clear enough and we never actually go to see the level with all these computer-programmer looking guys, cubicles, and yummy sandwiches. False advertising since my mighty Nord warrior never got to battle axe an office divider, steal a pair of glasses, and munch a sandwich! They could actually win that lawsuit and feel better about themselves... and then, well wait we couldn't do that because we'd get hit with their legal fees

Okay, okay, this is making increasingly less sense. I need to get away from message boards for a bit. :)

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
So there are beheading's in the game.

Any worries I had were quashed with this "making of" trailer.