Trailers: Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - "Our Weapons" Trailer

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Corporal Yakob said:
Jodah said:
Corporal Yakob said:
Jodah said:
Anyone else twitching in the corner waiting for this game? I rarely get worked up about a new game but this is one of those cases.
You and me both brother-hurry the feth up September 8th!
You must be in Europe eh? I get it the sixth here in the States. I plan on waiting outside the Gamestop I preordered at and exacting Holy Retribution upon anyone in front of me. The Emperor Protects!
Australia actually, I'm going to sprint all the way from my house to the local EB Games and get the game first thing on the release day-"Oh come on! Surely I deserve a discount for knowing over a dozen Imperial prayers!"

For the Emperor!
Ahh yeah. I knew one (Australia or Europe) was getting it the 8th and the other was getting it the 9th. Just couldn't recall off hand.

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
Jodah said:
Anyone else twitching in the corner waiting for this game? I rarely get worked up about a new game but this is one of those cases.
Oh god, I cannot wait for this game. I played the Demo, and it just feels like so much goddamn fun. It's gonna rock.

rcs619

Mar 26, 2011
Same here. I get a mini nerdgasm with each new trailer. It looks like we'll actually get to SEE some space and/or atmospheric battles too. I've never seen that before in a 40k game. Im kind of interested to see what the Imperial Navy is all about.

I thought the job of halting the enemy of mankind was for the Imperial guard, then have space marine strike at the heart of what survived the rain of artillery fire.
Ehh, to be fair, this kind of talk is the usual kind of Space Marine hype. The Guard always play second-fiddle in the 40k games (Except Winter Assault, which I loved). That's just the role of The Guard I guess. Do the hard work and let the Space Marines hog all the glory. I just hope they treat The Imperial Guard with respect in this game, and don't like, just have them there to make Space Marines look more badass.

Oh god, I cannot wait for this game. I played the Demo, and it just feels like so much goddamn fun. It's gonna rock.
Oh hell yes. Im actually pretty excited to try out the multiplayer too, and the customization. Im totally going to try and make a Deathwatch Marine for multiplayer. Well, as close to one as I can get with the options they give me. Poor Deathwatch never gets any love. The Gray Knights and Sisters of Battle hog all the spotlight. The Ordo Xenos really needs to get its own army too.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
rcs619 said:
Same here. I get a mini nerdgasm with each new trailer. It looks like we'll actually get to SEE some space and/or atmospheric battles too. I've never seen that before in a 40k game. Im kind of interested to see what the Imperial Navy is all about.

I thought the job of halting the enemy of mankind was for the Imperial guard, then have space marine strike at the heart of what survived the rain of artillery fire.
Ehh, to be fair, this kind of talk is the usual kind of Space Marine hype. The Guard always play second-fiddle in the 40k games (Except Winter Assault, which I loved). That's just the role of The Guard I guess. Do the hard work and let the Space Marines hog all the glory. I just hope they treat The Imperial Guard with respect in this game, and don't like, just have them there to make Space Marines look more badass.

Oh hell yes. Im actually pretty excited to try out the multiplayer too, and the customization. Im totally going to try and make a Deathwatch Marine for multiplayer. Well, as close to one as I can get with the options they give me. Poor Deathwatch never gets any love. The Gray Knights and Sisters of Battle hog all the spotlight. The Ordo Xenos really needs to get its own army too.
They might show some respect for the guard. Their commander seems like an important character, and you play as an Ultramarine, one of the very few chapters that actually still fight for what they were created for (protecting humanity) and not just to kill everything while having a hard time standing up with such massive egos. For multiplayer, I'm hoping they have enough customization that I can make a legion of the damned marine.

Aug 1, 2010
I want this game so fucking bad!

Also, in case anyone didn't notice, THAT WAS A FUCKING TITAN AT 0:20!!!

I wish they were doing a midnight launch.

DarkPanda XIII

Nov 3, 2009
I actually tried this back at Comic-Con. honestly? Like it though I will admit that next time I WANT A BETTER ****ING GUN at the beginning of that mission I played...ugh. Let's face it, the few minutes of playtime taught me I need to practice in that game....

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
It's worth quoting Yahtzee AGAIN in defense of this game:

You are a MONSTER TRUCK that walks like a MAN!

Dear God, the combat is just so damn satisfying. I bet the multiplayer will be as fast paced as all hell too, given the destructive abilities at your disposal. Glorious....

Hyp3roptic

Sep 7, 2009
If Titus is captain of the 2nd, what happened to Cato Sicarius?

But on a better note, thoroughly excited for this game. =]

C-Demo

Mar 11, 2010
Hyp3roptic said:
If Titus is captain of the 2nd, what happened to Cato Sicarius?
Titus became captain of the 2nd after his "commanding officer was killed in battle" (mentioned by one of the devs in a livestream a while back). So, if GW decides to recognize Space Marine as 40k canon, then Cato got his ass killed.

Jenx

Dec 5, 2007
"only one force can halt the anhialation of mankind"
...The Imperial Guard, along with the Imperial Navy, who every day battle and kill more aliens than most Space Marines?

God, this trailer sucked donkey balls. Will someone remind these people they are making a 40k game, not Gears of War?

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Jodah said:
I very much am, even if I do have to play an Ultrasmurf in the campaign.

RejjeN

Aug 12, 2009
Jenx said:
...The Imperial Guard, along with the Imperial Navy, who every day battle and kill more aliens than most Space Marines?

God, this trailer sucked donkey balls. Will someone remind these people they are making a 40k game, not Gears of War?
Well it's kind of par for the course to not give the Imperial Guard any credit, isn't it?

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Agayek said:
Jodah said:
I very much am, even if I do have to play an Ultrasmurf in the campaign.
Heh, I'm one of the few that doesn't hate the Ultras. They aren't my top by any means (I like the pre-heresy Death Guard the most) but I don't hate them. I can't find a chapter (in game guild/clan) that will take a Death Guard though so I dunno what I'll be for multiplayer.

Jenx said:

Heh, everyone ignores the Imperial Guard. That should be their slogan "All the work none of the credit!"

But yeah, most people focus on the Space Marines rather than the Imperial Guard, Ordo Xenos, Sisters of Battle, etc.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Jodah said:
Heh, I'm one of the few that doesn't hate the Ultras. They aren't my top by any means (I like the pre-heresy Death Guard the most) but I don't hate them. I can't find a chapter (in game guild/clan) that will take a Death Guard though so I dunno what I'll be for multiplayer.
I don't hate the Ultrasmurfs so much as I find them incredibly bland. There's just nothing interesting about them. Their philosophy is bland, their chapter history is dull, and their color scheme/emblems are boring. There's really nothing there to like.

I'd much rather play a Black Templar attempting to reconquer the world from the Orks.

cricket chirps

Apr 15, 2009
You know it's tough to be a fan-boy. Now i have to go around defending this to people who have no clue what they are talking about. Telling them how this is something they probably wont even understand. Yet it will be worth it. That's just what fan-boys do. It's part of the experience :)

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
Agayek said:
Jodah said:
I don't hate the Ultrasmurfs so much as I find them incredibly bland. There's just nothing interesting about them. Their philosophy is bland, their chapter history is dull, and their color scheme/emblems are boring. There's really nothing there to like.

I'd much rather play a Black Templar attempting to reconquer the world from the Orks.
So to whom is the phrase "Ultrasmurf" limited to anyways? Is it just the Ultramarines, or all chapters that follow the Codex Astartes, or even all chapters that are based off the Space Marines Codex (to represent a chapter who would be found in the latter but not necessarily follow the former see the Soul Drinkers)?

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
The Mortifactors and Doom Eagles are Codex Chapters, so I think he just means Ultramarines.

It'd have been nice for that trailer to actually issultrate which weapons are good for what situations.

rcs619

Mar 26, 2011
Well it's kind of par for the course to not give the Imperial Guard any credit, isn't it?
Yeah... Space Marines get all the coolest toys and glory. But hey, at least the Imperial Guard gets all the ladies, right? I mean, billions of Guardsmen gotta come from somewhere =P

Heh, everyone ignores the Imperial Guard. That should be their slogan "All the work none of the credit!"

But yeah, most people focus on the Space Marines rather than the Imperial Guard, Ordo Xenos, Sisters of Battle, etc.
Yeah, but to be fair, its probably the best move. I mean, this is Relic, stepping outside of their comfort-zone a bit, making the first Warhammer 40k big-budget action-game in, well, ever (as far as I know). The Space Marines are probably the most well-known group in all of 40k, and probably the best material for a full-blown kill-fest kind of game. The story is fairly classic too. Space Marines vs Orks and Chaos on an Imperial world under siege. Its all a bit by the book, probably because this is the first game in a new franchise. Still, its looking very solid, and very fun so far.

I really hope it does well so that we can get more 40k action games of this quality. Games where you can maybe play as other factions and races. Imagine how epic a TPS mulitplayer would be where you could play as Space Marines, Eldar, Tau, The Guard, Necron, etc. I think we just need to be patient, knowing how Relic treats its series, the future installments will be better than the original in every way.

don't hate the Ultrasmurfs so much as I find them incredibly bland. There's just nothing interesting about them. Their philosophy is bland, their chapter history is dull, and their color scheme/emblems are boring. There's really nothing there to like.
Pretty much how I feel. Although, I can see why they were used. The Ultras are basically THE definition of what an average Space Marine is. They literally wrote the book on it. Hopefully they can throw in a few of the more rebellious chapters in future games, like the Space Wolves or the Templars. Gotta set the groundwork first though, since this game is probably going to draw in a lot of newer players. Third-person shooters are a lot more accessible than a PC exclusive RTS series.

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
KingPiccolOwned said:
So to whom is the phrase "Ultrasmurf" limited to anyways? Is it just the Ultramarines, or all chapters that follow the Codex Astartes, or even all chapters that are based off the Space Marines Codex (to represent a chapter who would be found in the latter but not necessarily follow the former see the Soul Drinkers)?
Ultrasmurf is a derogatory nickname for the Ultramarines, and only the Ultramarines. It derives from the fact that the Ultramarines wear the same shade of blue as the eponymous cartoon and are about as interesting.

Also, see http://warhammer40kfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Ultrasmurfs