Trailers: WWE All-Stars Trailer

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
It does look amazing, first thing I thought was 'great, they're finally making these things more arcadey, they were the wrstling games I really liked' and secondly, I thought, damn...that looks kind of familiar, but... Hey, is it me of does it look kinda like Def Jam - Fight for New York, which I still maintain is the best wrestling game ever made, despite not being set in a ring.

I they can bring a spiritual successor to Def Jam after they ballsed up the genuinely sequel, they're getting my money. I don't remember having quite so much fun in a fighting game as when I'd get to slam Sean Paul's face in a hummer door, or just kick Ludacris in the nuts 487 times in a row.

Rand-m

Feb 8, 2009
SenseOfTumour said:
Def Jam - Fight for New York, which I still maintain is the best wrestling game ever made
I think me and you are just about the only people with that opinion... And I still have no idea why.

OT: How is it that the engine on this looks better than the actual Smackdown vs. Raw games that have been in existance for several years?

Oh yeah. It hasn't changed. Ever. I forgot about that.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Rand-m said:
SenseOfTumour said:
Def Jam - Fight for New York, which I still maintain is the best wrestling game ever made
I think me and you are just about the only people with that opinion... And I still have no idea why.

OT: How is it that the engine on this looks better than the actual Smackdown vs. Raw games that have been in existance for several years?

Oh yeah. It hasn't changed. Ever. I forgot about that.
I'd guess because so few people actually played Def Jam, and out of those who did, a majority were disappointed over the lack of guns, hos, bitches and drive bys. Wrestling fans no doubt never played it because it didn't have a NWA/WCW/TNA/WWE/ECW licence.

Honestly, if you can find an old copy of Def Jam FFNY, give it a chance! It also gave me, as a fat bloke, the chance to create a character who looked a bit like me without looking ridiculous, I just looked like a club bouncer, one of those wide types who obviously liked pies but still would batter you if you started something.

At least until I started with the 'respect' game mechanic, and I started having to wear 'gangsta' clothes and 'bling' to impress my peers, but even then, I just looked hilarious.

SweetLiquidSnake

Jan 20, 2011
HAHAHAHA that looks awful. And you guys are right, this has Def Jam oozing out of it. I'd love to see an actual match where John Cena jumps 7 ft in the air and slams the Rock. This is better off being some children's game for the Wii