Transferring Mods from Total War: Warhammer to its Sequel is "Theoretically" Possible

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Transferring Mods from Total War: Warhammer to its Sequel is "Theoretically" Possible

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1414/1414920.jpgIf you've got some favorite mods for Total War: Warhammer, it sounds like they'll work in the sequel, assuming the developer puts in a little work.

If you're a fan of mods, it's likely that no matter which game you play, you've gotten attached to some of your favorites. That's surely no different for fans of Creative Assembly's Total War: Warhammer, considering the game sports mods that add new areas, new factions, and tons of visual enhancements.

Of course, with Total War: Warhammer 2 on the horizon, players could face the prospect of losing many of those mods when they move to the sequel. Luckily, it sounds like Creative Assembly has made it easy for modders to up date their work. Speaking with Gamewatcher [https://www.gamewatcher.com/interviews/total-war-warhammer-2-interview/12852] at E3, Game Designer Mark Sinclair addressed the issue, saying,

"The way it will work is that the mods that were created for the first Total War: Warhammer will be only for Warhammer. They are two different and separate games, so you can't necessarily just use a Warhammer mod in Warhammer 2.

"That said, theoretically, we've made it possible to transfer a mod from Warhammer to Warhammer 2. There will have to be some work on the part of the modder to make sure it's compatible, but ideally it should be relatively straightforward."

That's good news for fans of the game, and for modders as well. Total War: Warhammer 2 is scheduled to release on PC on September 28.

[gallery=7523]

Jan 12, 2012
I wonder what sort of mods people would want to transfer over. All the improved unit models, new units, buildings, map-specific items, etc. won't apply with the new game. The only popular one I can imagine people want to see make the jump are the more flexible cameras.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
Bat Vader said:
I wish they would do another Medieval: Total War.
I wish they'd bring back to old combat engine style, as in, large amounts of units exchanging blows with eachother and having individual outcomes based on their stats as opposed to having individual "engagement moments" with a calculated outcome.

I mean, yeah, the difference is not that great when it comes to the overall outcome, but it is really noticeable when you observe the battle up close.

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
Thunderous Cacophony said:
I wonder what sort of mods people would want to transfer over. All the improved unit models, new units, buildings, map-specific items, etc. won't apply with the new game. The only popular one I can imagine people want to see make the jump are the more flexible cameras.
Are you forgetting the massive combined grand campaign? The Old World factions will be present on the map, so any mods rhat affect them will be relevant.