Trashed Batman Cartoon Made Joker a Psychotic Teen

Denizen

Jan 29, 2010
I know Warner bros (distributor of the last several batman animated series) really want a new way to rehash the early 90s classic show that spawned the DC animated universe. I wasn't impressed by the last few attempts but i know a few fans who were able to endure it and even appreciate it - but this is just plain ridiculous.

Im glad it wasn't greenlit but as a major fan of the DC animated shows that ran together with some continuity, this is just an almost executed attempt to water the whole intellectual property down. I hate to repeat the line that most fans beg but please (insert studio/executive/license-owners name) warner bros, have some guts to make a continuation of the original or at least bring back Justice league unlimited. Give them two seasons, just two instead of making them think they have one more season left having them scramble to make another season that has to top a grand finale.

And to their credit, they did it pretty much twice.

P.S. Just wishful thinking above but im glad they didn't go with this idea.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
daflame said:
I hate to repeat the line that most fans beg but please (insert studio/executive/license-owners name) warner bros, have some guts to make a continuation of the original or at least bring back Justice league unlimited.
That animated universe is dead and gone and what with all the new DC animated movies and so on I can't see it happening again. But honestly have you seen Batman: Under the Redhood or the new Young Justice cartoon? Because they're pretty good substitutes. In fact I'd say Under the Redhood is the best animated Batman movie I've seen even without Mark Hamill.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I like the art style. I think it could of work if it was a ten to twenty minute show and it would be on the adult swim. That way it can still be dark or not kid friendly.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
GOddamn, that looks pretty.

As Batman obsessed as I am, I actually would've liked to see that.

Because, well, it's MORE BATMAN.

With even less of a chance for nipple suit.

Mercsenary

Oct 19, 2008
side note: First picture on the bottom it lists who they are left to right.

On topic: I would have watched it. And it would have been awesome.

Anyone else notice that the football picture has the team with really bugged out eyes? Or maybe because it was concept they didnt bother with the background eyes.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
The joker should of been one of the teachers...Just saying...But yeah, like everyone else has said...Should been a spoof series!

Denizen

Jan 29, 2010
SomeBritishDude said:
daflame said:
I hate to repeat the line that most fans beg but please (insert studio/executive/license-owners name) warner bros, have some guts to make a continuation of the original or at least bring back Justice league unlimited.
That animated universe is dead and gone and what with all the new DC animated movies and so on I can't see it happening again. But honestly have you seen Batman: Under the Redhood or the new Young Justice cartoon? Because they're pretty good substitutes. In fact I'd say Under the Redhood is the best animated Batman movie I've seen even without Mark Hamill.
I've seen it and wouldn't mind if they continue in that style, in fact I didn't want the movie to end. But I see the DC animated universe that started from the 90s separate from other incarnations so in other words, for me there is no substitute but I like the direction "Under the Red Hood" went and was pleased they had references to the 90s series. I would love to see more and hope to hear about a sequel or something along the lines of it soon.

Aug 25, 2009
I see no reason why this show would automatically have been bad. This is even worse than when people whine about shows they've never seen, this is whining about a show that never got past concept art.

With a decent writer, well budgeted animation, and keeping the thing well away from Disney, there is no reason they couldn't have developed the sort of Kim Possible/Avatar: TLA/Teen Titans things that have done so well in the past. Just because the Joker can't mass murder, suddenly he is no longer effective as a villain? Do we really need our regimented amounts of blood and titties before we even consider that a show may have artistic merit?

Also, why are adult nerds always banging on the clubhouse door of children and demanding that their shows meet our exacting standards? Especially when those standards appear to reflect a fourteen year old's idea of masculinity and maturity. Some of the greatest animated works of all time, the Disney rennaissance films, the works of Don Bluth, Pixar's entire canon, have been U rated, for kids entertainment that had decent writing and enough content that adults could watch as well without feeling demeaned.

I see nothing in this concept art that spells a bad show, I see nothing in the premise as stated that confirms it would be awful, and I see nothing but a bunch of fanboys whining about how they just know it would have been terrible because they are obviously clairvoyant about such matters.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Batman Beyond did the high school thing well enough. I wouldn't even mind if they brought it back, it could stand another two or three seasons.

P.S. Thanks

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Looks pretty damn fun actually, I'd watch it especially if they'd make a spoof show out of it. They could also take it in a different direction and put a nice helping of black humour in it. Either way, I'd watch it. Juding by the character models (Clayface as they art kid, Two-Face looks like a...hippy?) it'd be more likely that it's a spoof show.

And there's the Harley-Ivy cheerleader combo...hmhmHM! Shame they cancelled it.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
did anyone ever see "the Batman" cartoon it came out after batman beyond and it was a lot darker than batman the animated series

beniki

May 28, 2009
It might have worked.

You would end up with the world's worst high school though. What plans did they have? Cookie cutter shinnanegans, or a chilling story about a violent student body, only to be stopped by a masked detective vigilante.

And for some reason I can't get Filmore! out of my head.

jack583

Oct 26, 2010
you have GOT to be joking.
there is no way they could have done something that stupid!!!

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
Lol @ Harley. Reminds me of X-men Evolution. It might not have been that bad, if people would have been willing to open up their minds and look past the concept to see if it were any good.

Amy Sorel

Nov 17, 2010
This would have been stupid. Maybe a good idea for a weird dream episode on a normal Batman cartoon, but as a show this would have been too warped and not fun to watch any longer then 10 minutes.