Treyarch Says Infinity Ward Mess Won't Be a "Distraction"

sephiroth1991

Dec 3, 2009
sooperman said:
What's this? Treyarch no longer needs to ride on IW's back? I'll believe it when I see it.

World at War didn't sell as many units as MW1, so I can't imagine Black Op selling as many copies as MW2. We'll see, though.
Don't be so sure, with a title like Black Ops, people who love the other games are more likely to buy it since it's more modern. A lot of people i know who love MW2 say they are getting the game.

Rafe

Apr 18, 2009
I didn't really enjoy Modern Warfare 2 all too much yet I still feel some kind of loyalty to Infinity Wards and annoyed with Activision. I don't think I'll buy Black Ops.

Hashbrick

Mar 20, 2009
squid5580 said:
Hashbrick said:
squid5580 said:
Hashbrick said:
squid5580 said:
sooperman said:
What's this? Treyarch no longer needs to ride on IW's back? I'll believe it when I see it.

World at War didn't sell as many units as MW1, so I can't imagine Black Op selling as many copies as MW2. We'll see, though.
How many are going to see MW glaring on the box and how many are going to notice the lack of IW on the same box?
The ones that matter, the ones that play online all the time. Sure there will be people that pick up the title cause call of duty is across the box, but the ones that make the title sell know the difference between the two companies and to say otherwise is insulting their intelligence. Pick up and play modern warfare and then play world at war and then tell me you can't tell a difference in quality.

On topic to the story: Of course they are letting it bother them they are top dog now, well until they find out sledgehammer has more quality then them. None the less it will be interesting to see if they can pull of their first quality call of duty title without pissing off the fans.
Oh right because if you play online that automatically makes you a well informed player who when not playing is surfing the web for new game news.
I think you miss the point, the title sells cause of the online multiplayer. Many don't even play the campaign, I never played mewtwo campaign jumped right into multiplayer. The point is the core audience is the ones that are going to notice.
No I think you are the one who has missed the point. There is going to be alot of people who won't know the difference that IW didn't make it and someone else did. The experience could be just like COD4 or it could be better or worse. Just because it isn't IW doesn't mean the magic can't be replicated by someone else. But the point still stands there is going t obe alot of the core audience that won't know about the IW fiasco or care as long as the next COD MW game is as good as the rest. Sorry if that doesn't fit into your "they play online so they must be hardcore and know whenever a dev sneezes" stereotype that you seem to be intent on creating.
babble babble babble...what?