Treyarch Threatens to Ban Console Modders

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
Banning is the least of what somebody deserves when they think this is how you secure a competitive edge:

Shapsters

Dec 16, 2008
Aaww.. so now I have to stop playing W at W and go back to playing CoD4 as I am already doing... wait a minute!

I do not mod, but the point still stands.

cavsfan69

Jul 8, 2009
They need to find a better way to do it though. my friend can shoot the pistol really fast on xbox and has felt the wrath of the mod-catching bots on several occasions. They need to look for actual mods not just really fast shooting

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
I don't really understand, Sony and Microsoft both already have this policy, what's it got to do with Treyarch? Also, does anyone actually care what Treyarch think or say?

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
DiamondJim said:
Tally ho, Treyarch. Tally ho.

Glad to see some bite instead of bark for once.
Nope, still looks like bark. If they bit, as in released a list of mod-infractors to PSN and Live, therefore getting them banned from being online altogether, they would lose revenue from those who pay for DLC. This is not going to stop twits who mod their consoles to get a better edge. Should have just went to the bite.
(And focusing on specific games is even more lame, unless they actually plan to focus on all their games that play online.)
"You have been warned." *rolls eyes* They were warned when they bought their system that came with the ToA. Warning with more warning just generates more ignoring of the warnings.

Any chance we will see if there is follow through on THIS warning?