Trolls 2 Coming in 2020

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Trolls 2 Coming in 2020

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1385/1385533.jpg

Can't stop the sequel!

Dreamworks Animation has announced [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/moviesandtv/reviews/cinemarter/17293-Trolls-2016-Animated-Dreamworks-Movie-Review] that Trolls 2 will be released on April 10, 2020.

Justin Timberlake [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/anna+kendrick] are set to reprise their roles as Poppy and Branch. No plot details have been released, but given what happened in the first film, one has to imagine that it'll be a(nother) "team up to save the Trolls from danger" type of sequel.

The first movie has, to date, grossed over $339 million worldwide on a budget of $125 million, and there are not yet any numbers available for all of the merchandise sold - which is, almost without doubt, one of the main reasons a sequel is happening.

Trolls was nominated for an Oscar for Best Original Song. "Happy [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWgTqLCLE8k]." We should not celebrate that.

Trolls wasn't as bad as it looked like it might be, so I'll remain cautiously optimistic about the sequel. How about you?

[gallery=6992]

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
2020?
Man...seriously?

I'll have forgotten about this thing by then.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Tanis said:
2020?
Man...seriously?

I wish I had already forgotten it by now. Was this really popular enough to warrant a sequel? I think it made like... 350 million world wide. Maybe double it's budget.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
RaikuFA said:
Borty The Bort said:
Why do the dumbest movies always get the most sequels?
$$$
I'd say that about sums things up.

OT: Didn't see the movie, watched the Cinema Sins video on it last week, and I'm still baffled as to why Dreamworks has had an unhealthy obsession with poop jokes ever since Shrek.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Just the movie industry subtly reminding all of us that suicide is always an option.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Yeah, I too choose the believe that this is an animated remake of the beloved classic, Troll 2.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Tanis said:
2020?
Man...seriously?

I didn't even know the film existed until Cinemasins. I'm still baffled by this being a thing.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Thaluikhain said:
Troll 2 referenced in the 4th post, well done.
Personally I think Marter should have made the reference in the article itself. :p

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
RJ 17 said:
RaikuFA said:
Borty The Bort said:
Why do the dumbest movies always get the most sequels?
$$$
I'd say that about sums things up.

OT: Didn't see the movie, watched the Cinema Sins video on it last week, and I'm still baffled as to why Dreamworks has had an unhealthy obsession with poop jokes ever since Shrek.
Cause it makes kids laugh. And that's where the big money is. I really don't watch DW outside of Kung Fu Panda but I hear trollhunters is good. Maybe it'll be a crossover, a Dreamworks cinematic universe.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Arnoxthe1 said:
Very relevant:

I thought that clip was the first film so when I read the title, I was think it was the sequel to that!

OT- Just checking those Trolls are in the same franchise as those toys with those dead eyes and the big hair right which in terms means in the same line with that stone protector cartoon right? If so then it shouldn't suprised me.

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
What casual animation fans see: Meh news.

What hardcore fans of animation fans see: &#9834 Never gonna give you up &#9834 Never gonna let you down &#9834 Never gonna run around and desert you &#9834 ...

What Kubo and the two strings fans see: &#9834 Hello Darkness, my old friend &#9834

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
Am I the only one who actually liked the Trolls movie? I was skeptical when I heard about - "Oh boy, another cheap cash in on nostalgia!" - but they did a good job with it. My kids love it, and I'm so glad to have something to replace Frozen and Zootopia with.

Also... The "Can't Stop the Feeling" song - I always image a guy in a hospital or at the dentist in an incredible amount of pain, and he's screaming out that he "can't stop the feeling". Nothing they can do can help him. :(