Troubled Developer Asks Fans to Decide Kickstarter's Fate

jackpipsam

SEGA fanboy
Jun 2, 2009
As an Age of Empires Online player I have to say I am not happy with how they treated the community when they were in charge of running the game.

They always missed deadlines, hardly ever came onto the forums (and when they did they just complained about how doing X or Y will require coding) and in the end Microsoft community staff who had nothing to do with the project had to come and fix their mess.

Now because of their terrible support Microsoft has removed GPG from supporting the game and now the game will remain as it is forever thanks to GPG not understanding the basic idea of listening to the games community.

Age of Empires Online had great potential and GPG screwed it up.
We were promised content up to August 2013 and Microsoft clearly was fed up with working with them.

I mean GPG had been working on a bloody auction house for like half a year and still couldn't bring it out.
If they can't work on a game which had already been made, how on earth can I trust them to make their own and support that? Besides I am getting the feeling they used AoEO money to start making this project.

So no Gas Powered Games and Chris, I have no sympathy for you.

Primero Holodon

Oct 18, 2011
Shouldn't this be something left up to the employees who's financial situations are being gambled on rather than the fans who lose nothing if the company goes under?