True facts you can't get yourself to believe

Surpheal

Jan 23, 2012
Well, into the hold of useless knowledge I go, so here are a few things from it.

We have only explored around 5% of the ocean floor.
Humans have actually been to the deepest part of the ocean (Challenger deep) and come back alive.
People can't see that most Republicans are pretty much fascist.
People actually believe the world will end this year.

Athol

Sep 15, 2010
deadpoolhulk said:
people voted for Bush. both of them.
Not only that, but they voted for Jr. twice! I just don't understand people sometimes.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Quantum Tunnelling. Also the fact that that is why you can see yourself reflected in windows.
In fact, anything quantum.
Including Jaffa Cakes. They should be Quantum Cakes, because until we actually observed them go stale, there was no way to confirm if they were a cake or a biscuit.
Oh, and that the Justin Bieber 2012 Calendar finishes on December 30th:

Silas13013

Mar 31, 2011
rollerfox88 said:
That if the height of a single step on a flight is 2mm different to the rest, 80% of people will trip on it.

I cant bring myself to believe that we are that uncoordinated as a species...
Remember though, humans can't even sleep standing up. 2 legged locomotion is extremely unstable to begin with and walking for humans is really just a series of coordinated falls. Given that, I don't think it's too surprising that changing the required method of walking in an amount that humans can't really perceive would cause them to trip.

Also, fuck science. Pluto is a planet. I don't care about classification I just love the little guy :p

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
That people use "True fact" in sentence..it's redundant. Fact is always true. It's like saying wet moistness, or oily oil *cough*

Dys

Sep 10, 2008
Popadoo said:
When I was first taught about general relativity I found it hard to believe. I mean, come on, simply by being in low-gravity you age faster and time just general moves quicker?
But it's true, as it turns out. They have to reset the ATOMIC CLOCKS (super accurate clocks) on satellites every day, lest GPS be miles and miles off.
Hey, I still struggle with the basic theory of gravity. There's some magical force that exists purely because mass exists? What the fuck universe...how can you just have a free force with no reaction or energy loss?!

Megawat22

Aug 7, 2010
This article. I will not/ cannot believe that these things are true.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/how-hollywood-decided-to-reboot-classic-childrens-tales/

Why would anybody do this and more importantly, who the heck is watching these?

Agow95

Jul 29, 2011
The part of us which has evolved the most over the past 20,000 years is our nose, it's believed it may have been better at tracking scents like animals at first, but since then it's become more attuned to affecting our taste, the ability to savour food is unique to humans because of this.

DrRockor

Jun 24, 2008
I took A level physics for a year and I just didn't understand most of the stuff we were told. One of the worst ones was that if you fired a bullet from a gun and dropped another identical bullet they would hit the ground at the sametime. It's all about velocity and gravity but it just doesnt sit right in my head

JokerCrowe

Nov 12, 2009
Yggdraz0r said:

I still can't believe this isn't a girl.
How'bout the fact that This isn't a girl?
I find it difficult to believe that the universe has no edge.
HOW??

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
That Pauley Perrette is 42

Nope, i just cant get my head around it...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pauley_Perrette

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Liquidacid23 said:
Scrustle said:
Super position. How can something be in more than one place at the same time? And how does observation change where it is? Are the particles camera shy or something? I just can't wrap my head around it.
quantum mechanics are not for the sane to understand :p

also superposition is one word
This stuff. If my brain could scowl it would when I'm thinking about this.

llew

Sep 9, 2009
Liquidacid23 said:
TheRightToArmBears said:
At some point in the past, my parents must have had sex. I just... can't accept it.
just be glad you never walked in on them doing it so you still have the option of denial
i lost that option... im scarred for life...
OT: i refuse to accept that twighlight was successful and that edward is upposed to be a vampire or that jacob is supposed to be a werewolf, werewolves have no control over their transformations and vampires DONT FUCKING SPARKLE!

llew

Sep 9, 2009
Laggyteabag said:
That Pauley Perrette is 42

Nope, i just cant get my head armound it...
wait what? she is supposed to be 42? i thought she was like 19...

Xeldrak

Feb 8, 2011
The fact, that if you do the double-slit experiment with single particles - in a way that there is allways a maximum of one particle in the apparatus - you still get a interference pattern. With what does the particle interefere....how does it even know that there is a nother slit....let alone its dimensions...AAAARRGGG

Jamane

Sep 24, 2010
Jonluw said:
There actually exists people who think critical thinking and individual thought is a bad thing.
I cannot even begin to fathom how many years of indoctrination it must have taken to create such poor souls.
as actual things to do or as subjects to take in college becuase as University's dont except them, they sort of are useless and bad in the whole being helpful for life sense (I would like to say now I agree they are good skills to have just not to get a qualification for)
OT
also you can get a qualification in college (for example criticle thinking) that is mostly useless... what?!?!