Trump admits to Bob Woodward that He Knew How Deadly Covid-19 was back in February of this Year.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
As a Portlander you've reached the minimum limit for what us true Coffe Snobs would consider decent coffee, which makes you more worthy then 90% of the US population. As someone who only drinks light roasted, single origin, small scale farmed coffee from Eastern Africa I am safe in my smug superiority. :coffee:🧐
Absolutely false. As a Portlander I must object. We have excellent coffee here. I do not appreciate your foul slander.
Coffee is a trash drink. Fite me.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
As a Portlander you've reached the minimum limit for what us true Coffe Snobs would consider decent coffee, which makes you more worthy then 90% of the US population. As someone who only drinks light roasted, single origin, small scale farmed coffee from Eastern Africa I am safe in my smug superiority. :coffee:🧐
I apologize for not being bougie. I am a working class boi. I will never care about imported beans.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Excellent coffee in America is an oxymoron. At best you can get average coffee in the US, but most of the time it is bland, under dosed and over roasted garbage.

This message brought to you by CoffeeSnobGang.
I'm a major coffee nut but Starbucks isn't bad though? My only complaint with that coffee is that it's always so boiling hot. It's also a bit watery perhaps.

Best coffee I ever had was in some small cafe in Rome. Don't know what they put into it but my god..divine. If you love coffee I can't recommend Italy enough. I can't remember a single bad cup there. Everything was either good or extremely good.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
You have a user who thinks that the president considering the potential impact of his words and actively avoiding causing damage with them is presidential, and was pleasantly surprised that he neither failed to be informed nor vomited out whatever words he was thinking without forethought.
The president didn't want there to be panic, which is consideration of a sort. But given that the same time he bred complacency and failed to communicate and encourage infection control, I don't think he considered the impact of his words that carefully at all. Or rather, I think he was considering the wrong things when he decided what to say.

He wants to be the happy, good news president who can bask in the love and rapture of his happy people as the USA goes from strength to strength. That unfortunately means he's averse to knuckling down and dealing with the trickier business of telling them difficult and unpleasant things are going to happen, and they need to prepare for inconveniences and privations. That's the thing about Donald Trump - it's all about Donald Trump. A huge part of him will forever be that small child desperate for the love and approval of his tyrannical father and distant mother. A man who has ingrained down to his bones that it is better to lie, conceal and cheat to keep favour; who will do so reflexively even if it causes a far worse problem further down the line.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Oh yay. More psycopaths in positions of power.

The CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports are authored by career scientists and serve as the main vehicle for the agency to inform doctors, researchers and the general public about how Covid-19 is spreading and who is at risk. Such reports have historically been published with little fanfare and no political interference, said several longtime health department officials, and have been viewed as a cornerstone of the nation's public health work for decades.

But since Michael Caputo, a former Trump campaign official with no medical or scientific background, was installed in April as the health department's new spokesperson, there have been substantial efforts to align the reports with Trump's statements, including the president's claims that fears about the outbreak are overstated, or stop the reports altogether.
Caputo and his team have attempted to add caveats to the CDC's findings, including an effort to retroactively change agency reports that they said wrongly inflated the risks of Covid-19 and should have made clear that Americans sickened by the virus may have been infected because of their own behavior, according to the individuals familiar with the situation and emails reviewed by POLITICO.

Caputo's team also has tried to halt the release of some CDC reports, including delaying a report that addressed how doctors were prescribing hydroxychloroquine, the malaria drug favored by Trump as a coronavirus treatment despite scant evidence. The report, which was held for about a month after Caputo’s team raised questions about its authors’ political leanings, was finally published last week. It said that "the potential benefits of these drugs do not outweigh their risks."

In one clash, an aide to Caputo berated CDC scientists for attempting to use the reports to "hurt the President" in an Aug. 8 email sent to CDC Director Robert Redfield and other officials that was widely circulated inside the department and obtained by POLITICO.
"CDC to me appears to be writing hit pieces on the administration," appointee Paul Alexander wrote, calling on Redfield to modify two already published reports that Alexander claimed wrongly inflated the risks of coronavirus to children and undermined Trump's push to reopen schools. "CDC tried to report as if once kids get together, there will be spread and this will impact school re-opening . . . Very misleading by CDC and shame on them. Their aim is clear."
Alexander also called on Redfield to halt all future MMWR reports until the agency modified its years-old publication process so he could personally review the entire report prior to publication, rather than a brief synopsis. Alexander, an assistant professor of health research at Toronto's McMaster University whom Caputo recruited this spring to be his scientific adviser, added that CDC needed to allow him to make line edits — and demanded an "immediate stop" to the reports in the meantime.
"The reports must be read by someone outside of CDC like myself, and we cannot allow the reporting to go on as it has been, for it is outrageous. Its lunacy," Alexander told Redfield and other officials. "Nothing to go out unless I read and agree with the findings how they CDC, wrote it and I tweak it to ensure it is fair and balanced and 'complete.'"

Seems totally sane and normal like what would happen in any healthy free and democratic country.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I'm a major coffee nut but Starbucks isn't bad though? My only complaint with that coffee is that it's always so boiling hot. It's also a bit watery perhaps.

Best coffee I ever had was in some small cafe in Rome. Don't know what they put into it but my god..divine. If you love coffee I can't recommend Italy enough. I can't remember a single bad cup there. Everything was either good or extremely good.
When I was in NY Starbucks was the only place to offer coffee I could actually drink, so there is that. But if I'm in Sweden I wouldn't stop by Starbucks if I didn't have to.

Yeah, the Italians know their coffee. They tend to draw towards pretty dark roasts however, which is not quite in line with my personal taste. I'm part of the Swedish Hipster trend of buying overpriced coffee from local micro roasteries that puts a lot of focus on preserving the origin qualities of the beans. That said, a well made Espresso can be heavenly and the Italians in general know how to make a dark roast that is actually more flavorful then tar in a cup.
Yea, I am not seeing how people drink Starbucks coffee. IT TASTES STALE! But then against I was spoiled by absurdly fresh coffee at Cafe Brazil. I just can't drink that gross old starbucks or store coffee ever again now due to it without wanting to spit it out.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Oh yay. More psycopaths in positions of power.

Of course.

It is important for politicians to claim that their actions are science-based for credibility. However, instead of actually aligning with science (which might offer inconvenient conclusions), it's easier to control the scientific output through a politicised, bureaucratic layer. Supposedly independent agencies turn out not to be independent. It is in this context we need to understand claims the government has heeded scientific advice: it's potentially done as it pleased and doctored the science to justify itself, because it has the power to do so.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Trump interfered with CDC COVID-19 Data
Yea, I am not surprised. I mentioned this a while back when Florida was interfering with the COVID-19 website tracking data and CDC data, then Trump moved to have the States Data sent to the white house instead of the CDC, it was just so blatant.
THAT is the same Trump appointee that has also been trying to prevent Dr. Fauci from telling the public about the COVID-19 risks to children:

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
I don't trust people who think calling cat shit coffee makes it "not cat shit".

Personally, the best coffee I've ever had came off a campfire, and out of a percolator made by a Navy lifer great uncle, both times it was just major store brand.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
You have a user who thinks that the president considering the potential impact of his words and actively avoiding causing damage with them is presidential, and was pleasantly surprised that he neither failed to be informed nor vomited out whatever words he was thinking without forethought. If you consider the things he said versus the things health experts have said, it's pretty likely he was advised to behave that way, potentially because people were panicking at the time. Do you remember the toilet paper?

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
What's terrifying about this is that there's enough of a demographic these lies will work on to make such blatant manipulation worth pushing.
Yea, like a guy who has made his entire presidency and campaign about fear mongering against the poor, Antifa, Democrats, Latinos, Muslims, Blacks and other minority groups and inciting violence against protesters and his opposition is SUDDENLY worried about creating a Panic among the people. LMAO.. Does anyone really believe this? The stock markets were his ONLY concern. To hell with the people.

Reactions: Tireseas

Iron

BOI
Sep 6, 2013
Country
Occupied Palestine
lel he delayed this bombshell for months just so he could have it as a snippet in major news networks to push his book.