Trump Breaks First Amendment

Saint of M

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 27, 2010
Country
United States
This is the kind of thing I expect to see in other countries. This is the moment that show cases how bad an empire in a movie or a TV show can get. But to see this in my country, its bull shit.

I will let Anderson Cooper and Legal Eagles say most of it down here.

Hell, might as well put Annasi here.

Long story short, Lafayette Square is a park that is very close to Washington and is famous for having protests left and right due to this proximity.

Due to President Trump wanting a photo op Infront of a church he rarely has anything to do with, without warning, and long before curfew, he sent armed soldiers and law enforcement to assault and shoot teargas into a group of protesters. They were not violent, they were not rioting, but they were treated as if they were armed thugs charging the Rose Garden. It was so brutal, a news crew were attacked by these so called officers of the peace, with many people (including the news camera man) getting video of the unprovoked attack.

RepeatTrump did this so he could walk to the nearby church, and have a photo op with a bible in hand. Local police nor St John's Epicycle Church were informed of this, and this seemed preplanned.

More importantly, while he seems happy enough to let the States decide their own methods of dealing with Covid-19 and curtail potential deaths. Yet, a few bad faith actors hijack pockets of the legit and actually peaceful protests and have armed soldiers to take control (which ironically and thankfully enough, many of these same National Guard members letting down their riot shields and joining the protesters).

Again, this what I expect from foreign dictatorships, not here. ANd not it 2020.

There is a reason people are upset, and there is a legitimate reason for these protests and its because of long running issues that are long overdue.

This is something so Sacro Sanct to the American people that it was the first thing amended in after the Constitute of the United States was first penned. This is the first of the Amendments, the first item on the Bill of Rights. To deny the press the ability to report on what is going on around them, and to deny law abiding citizens from protesting, on an election day no less, violates this.

This is the the kind of evidence that should be been looked for to get him out of office. This is the kind of thing that needs be shared and repeated often. This needs to be shown durring the elections come november. I never thought I would live to see the day where my country was run by a tyrant. It has happened in the past, but not now. I expected fools, incompetance, trigger happy, fall short of expectation, and maybe get lucky to get a few more good ones, tyrant. That dream was taken out back and put out of its misery like Old Yeller.

Thoughts, reactions.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
It’s meaningless unless people keep protesting as this political system refuses to hold anyone to account. Force him. Keep protesting, keep him in his bunker forever. Force this entire political apparatus to its knees. It deserves it for the unspeakable cruelty it’s perpetrating.

Reactions: Saint of M

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Thoughts, reactions.
As far as the people Trump's appealing to care, if you're out on the streets protesting currently then you're either a malcontent or a hippy that needs to be reminded of civil obedience by a judicious dose of state violence.

An estimated one-fifth to one-third of the population of any country are right wing authoritarian in attitude. In the USA, these people are the Trump base. To them, the job of the police is to kick everyone into proper respect for authority, and Trump is the rightful authority. They'll love it. It's possibly bad electoral strategy, because it may disappoint or appal a sizeable chunk of other Republicans who are more likely to flip.

Mostly, I think Trump did it through his crippling, narcissistic insecurity. He loves the exercise of power to create a "front" of how awesome he is to cover that gaping, sucking, black hole of weak and needy ego. Then, where people have failed to give him the admiration and respect he demands, they need to be punished for their lack of subervience. Siccing the police on protestors thus achieves both.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Trump administration's skill to foment and escalate civil unrest is uncanny.

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Mostly, I think Trump did it through his crippling, narcissistic insecurity. He loves the exercise of power to create a "front" of how awesome he is to cover that gaping, sucking, black hole of weak and needy ego. Then, where people have failed to give him the admiration and respect he demands, they need to be punished for their lack of subervience. Siccing the police on protestors thus achieves both.
The boy does seem to love playing the crackpot dictator, although I suppose it's fortunate he's thus far shown himself to lack the competence to actually make himself one.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Lafayette Square was the site of slave markets, and the religion of that church was used to justify slavery for two hundred and sixty years as well as two centuries of manifest destiny. Frankly, there has been no act more quintessentially American in nature in the past week, than Trump employing militarized police and the military to clear Lafayette Square by violence for a photo op.

I like the LegalEagle channel. But spare me the crocodile tears, Devin Stone's CV is easily available online. He damn well knows the country's true face.

Last edited:

Fieldy409

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 18, 2020
Country
Australia
I mentioned on the other discussion that Australian media had been assaulted by the police. Well last I heard our people were investigating the incident so that could be an interesting to watch how it plays out when us outsiders without much of a ball in the game try to get to the truth.