Trump guilty of sexual abuse and defamation

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
If its just supposed to be an insulting phrase meant to mean something other than what the worlds express, sure I'm good with that. Code phrases are a time honored tradition.
What gets me its also supposed to be an acronym. See become just the letter C, You becomes just the letter U, and Next and Tuesday are both using their first letter to spell out c u n t.
And again, that's just cheating and lazy. Either have the code phrase, or have the acronym and do it properly. You can't have your cake and eat it too with its a random phrase and spells out the swear word.
Your objection to the formation of that code-phrase is duly noted.

Honestly, I totally missed it until reading through the particular article until it was pointed out. Then something twanged in my memory and I realised I had heard about it before, but a l-o-n-g time ago, 10+ years. Something to do with a pop song? I don't live and work in the sort of circles where people dish out that sort of juvenile crap.

Reactions: SilentPony

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
It is evidence. Just not conclusive proof. Lotta people need to learn the difference.
No, I think it's genuinely not evidence. With the percentage of rapes that don't go reported alongside claims like these that seem questionable at best, it's hard to draw any strong correlation between self-reported experiences, particularly lack of self-reported experiences, and actual events.

Reactions: gorfias

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
If its just supposed to be an insulting phrase meant to mean something other than what the worlds express, sure I'm good with that. Code phrases are a time honored tradition.
What gets me its also supposed to be an acronym. See become just the letter C, You becomes just the letter U, and Next and Tuesday are both using their first letter to spell out c u n t.
And again, that's just cheating and lazy. Either have the code phrase, or have the acronym and do it properly. You can't have your cake and eat it too with its a random phrase and spells out the swear word.
From the same people who brought us "Let's go Brandon."

If you want to be insulting to someone just be insulting. This half-assed code word shit is so cowardly. Everyone knows that Trump doesn't take any issue with insulting people directly, what's even the point of the code?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
It tends to work better when it’s written rather than said because then you can sub out the see and you for c and u to make the joke work.

And for reference, I first came across it in a Power Girl comic of all places.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
No, I think it's genuinely not evidence. With the percentage of rapes that don't go reported alongside claims like these that seem questionable at best, it's hard to draw any strong correlation between self-reported experiences, particularly lack of self-reported experiences, and actual events.
Would a reasonable person think a thing more or less likely if they know a particular thing that is more probative than prejudicial? I think a reasonable person would look at a civil case with a fact pattern arising from a 20ish year old unreported incident should, however slightly, lean in a particular direction.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
But "C" isn't even a word, its just a letter. Yes its pronounced the same was as the word "see", but its just grammatically cheating to use some words spelled correctly, some words spelled incorrectly, and just a letter, for an acronym.
Welcome to Whose Line Is It Anyway the English language, where the rules are made up and the points don't matter.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Welcome to Whose Line Is It Anyway the English language, where the rules are made up and the points don't matter.
You win if you can arrange any group of words to make a sexual allusion, a surreptitious insult, or a pot smoking reference.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
You have video evidence?
The video of the Rittenhouse incidents was released publicly that showed clearly it was self-defense. Even the 3rd victim that the prosecutor put on the stand helped Rittenhouse's case. That is how open/shut the case was but you kept arguing the jury was biased and all this bullshit.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
The video of the Rittenhouse incidents was released publicly that showed clearly it was self-defense.
Hmm. It didn't, though, did it? It didn't show how he travelled specifically to the state looking for a fight.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
Hmm. It didn't, though, did it? It didn't show how he travelled specifically to the state looking for a fight.
Really? That narrative, you're still pushing. Firstly, it doesn't matter if you go looking for a fight, it's still self-defense if it's self-defense. And the defense attorney would just object to it even being brought up during trial because it has no relevance. And you claim I don't know stuff about the legality of things... Secondly, he didn't travel to another state, one of his parents lives there in that town (and IIRC, he also had a job there), that was his community.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Really? That narrative, you're still pushing. Firstly, it doesn't matter if you go looking for a fight, it's still self-defense if it's self-defense. And the defense attorney would just object to it even being brought up during trial because it has no relevance. And you claim I don't know stuff about the legality of things...
You don't. You just wrote a paragraph of complete waffle, tautology and legal nonsense. That's what that is.

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
You don't. You just wrote a paragraph of complete waffle, tautology and legal nonsense. That's what that is.
I've been a juror on a criminal case, that's how it works. We based our decision off of probably less than 1% of what was presented to us (in a whole week) because that's all that mattered in the case. You're litrerally arguing against clear video evidence that it was self-defense. You are the one not making any kind of sense.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I've been a juror on a criminal case, that's how it works. We based our decision off of probably less than 1% of what was presented to us (in a whole week) because that's all that mattered in the case. You're litrerally arguing against clear video evidence that it was self-defense. You are the one not making any kind of sense.
My man, having been on jury duty is not an accreditation or mark of notable expertise.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal
My man, having been on jury duty is not an accreditation or mark of notable expertise.
Self-defense and murder have simple definitions, you don't have to be some legal expert to understand basic court precedings. And then you have video evidence showing the actual incidents. It's a super basic case that doesn't require legal expertise.