trump needs 11 thousand more votes in Georgia

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
It seems like this is the appropriate topic to post out-of-context sound bites that "PROVE" election fraud, here's bribin' Biden offering $2,000 for their votes:
You might want to look up Biden's website. There are PLENTY of money spending that Biden promised before November

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
You might want to look up Biden's website. There are PLENTY of money spending that Biden promised before November
But that requires him learning shit about politics, and he can't because then he can't be POLITICALLY NEUTRAL!

I believe that's the BS argument he was going with.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
But that requires him learning shit about politics, and he can't because then he can't be POLITICALLY NEUTRAL!

I believe that's the BS argument he was going with.
You should do some fact-checking.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
It seems like this is the appropriate topic to post out-of-context sound bites that "PROVE" election fraud, here's bribin' Biden offering $2,000 for their votes:
Read: “Voting for us means we will have senatorial control and can ergo approve $2000 stimulus cheque”

That’s not gonna qualify as a bribe. Because if they win, everyone is gonna get that two grand. Even the people who didn’t vote for him. And if they lose then no one gets it, even the people that did vote for him.

Reactions: CaitSeith

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Read: “Voting for us means we will have senatorial control and can ergo approve $2000 stimulus cheque”

That’s not gonna qualify as a bribe.
Oh wow look at that, maybe we shouldn't just believe what the headlines say and come to the wrong conclusions about things without actually looking into it and considering the whole context, wow, what a concept.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Oh wow look at that, maybe we shouldn't just believe what the headlines say and come to the wrong conclusions about things without actually looking into it and considering the whole context, wow, what a concept.
Christ you’re thick.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
You're 2nd from the bottom on the pyramid, along with Worgen, attacking the person instead of the argument.
Why is that wrong? The argument is made by a person. A shit argument can mean a shit person.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Why is that wrong? The argument is made by a person. A shit argument can mean a shit person.
Oh, it falls to me to educate others on basic logic and rhetoric? Goodie.

If Hitler says "The sky is blue and the grass is green", would you say "No, you're wrong because you're a bad person!"?
Anybody can make a good argument or a bad argument. You'll only find out which is which if you actually evaluate the argument itself.

There is no logical reason why a "bad person" cannot make a logically valid and sound statement, or why a "good person" cannot make a logically invalid or unsound statement.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Just what specifically do you think the headlines are missing here?

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Oh, it falls to me to educate others on basic logic and rhetoric? Goodie.

If Hitler says "The sky is blue and the grass is green", would you say "No, you're wrong because you're a bad person!"?
Anybody can make a good argument or a bad argument. You'll only find out which is which if you actually evaluate the argument itself.

There is no logical reason why a "bad person" cannot make a logically valid and sound statement, or why a "good person" cannot make a logically invalid or unsound statement.
So if a shit person makes a shit argument why is it wrong to point out the person is shit?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Just what specifically do you think the headlines are missing here?
The full context.

Headlines are artfully crafted. They know what they're doing, and what reactions and conclusions they're trying to provoke. They can make you believe something that isn't true, or that's only half-true, without telling an outright lie.

"Celebrity gets married after all-night bender" might be factually true, but it might make you think that the person got married because of the bender, and that's what they're betting on. They want you to think that the person met someone while in a stupor and married them on the spot.

The bender in question is really just be the bachelor party, and he's known the woman for months.

So if a shit person makes a shit argument why is it wrong to point out the person is shit?
As I said:

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
The full context.

Headlines are artfully crafted. They know what they're doing, and what reactions and conclusions they're trying to provoke. They can make you believe something that isn't true, or that's only half-true, without telling an outright lie.

"Celebrity gets married after all-night bender" might be factually true, but it might make you think that the person got married because of the bender, and that's what they're betting on. They want you to think that the person met someone while in a stupor and married them on the spot.

The bender in question is really just be the bachelor party, and he's known the woman for months.
Clap, Clap. Great recital

Also, did not answer my question at all. Here I'll reword it.

What SPECIFIC issue did the media miss about Biden's $2000 'pledge'?

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
As I said:

And there is no logical reason that pointing out a shit person is shit makes their argument somehow valid because you addressed the person not the argument.

Reactions: CaitSeith

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
And there is no logical reason that pointing out a shit person is shit makes their argument somehow valid because you addressed the person not the argument.
True, but it also does nothing at all to demonstrate their argument is shit. Because it says nothing about the argument at all.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
The full context.

As I said:

Greek dudes also loved sucking dick, but I don’t see you sucking mine.