Trump Town Hall Disaster

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Fox news of course claims Trump was " ambushed" with basic questions from voters concerned about how his policies affect them. This is the reason why I see that Biden will not do as bad in debates as some think he will. Biden has a similar foot in mouth problem that Trump does, but at least his policies will actually benefit the people. I think that it will be difficult for Trump to counter that when confronted with the actual issues that concern voters the most. At this point Trump is resorting to accusing Biden of using "performance enhancers".

It is a sad day in America when one elderly presidential candidate accuses the other of using performance enhancers just to be able to answer basic questions.

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
Fuck this man and his life and all his cursed offspring and the maggot-brained zombies who applaud his clown antics while the world literally burns down around us.

Reactions: BrawlMan and Worgen

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Fox news of course claims Trump was " ambushed" with basic questions from voters concerned about how his policies affect them.
Pfft.

Politicians who face the public without seeing their questions in advance take their reputations into their own hands. Even the best politicians have suffered major embarrassments in unscripted encounters with the public, that's why they hate doing it. They can maximise their chances with preparation - by knowing their stuff and by getting practice.

But Trump, as we all know, is far from the best politician: he is disinterestedly, complacently ignorant and lazy. On the plus side, he's good at bullshitting and that's good enough for his supporters.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Well, considering that his usual method of dealing with... everything is to just say everything is fine and to lie relentlessly, it does make sense he would be totally out of his depth. He probably thought that this would be like one of his usual softball kind of events... which is weird since lately he has been getting reamed in interviews. He might be counting on just the attention he gets from this, but unlike other interviews where he can say "the liberal media is out to get me" its kinda harder to do that with normal voters. I'm curious how his supporters will try and spin this into a win.

Unrelated snek.
viper_limebreaker.png

Tireseas

Plaguegirl
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Seattle
Country
United States
Well, considering that his usual method of dealing with... everything is to just say everything is fine and to lie relentlessly, it does make sense he would be totally out of his depth. He probably thought that this would be like one of his usual softball kind of events... which is weird since lately he has been getting reamed in interviews. He might be counting on just the attention he gets from this, but unlike other interviews where he can say "the liberal media is out to get me" its kinda harder to do that with normal voters. I'm curious how his supporters will try and spin this into a win.
So, it's not uncommon for an incumbent president to flub interactions with voters or something similar when they're taken out of the highly-controlled environment that they're in as president and not surrounded by supporters. Bush Sr. had a particularly memorable incident in a supermarket where he was visibly confused about the barcodes in a supermarket. The first debates tend to be some of the worst because they've haven't done a live debate in usually 4 years while their opponent has been doing live practices in the primaries (Bush Sr. in 1992 and Obama in 2012 being the two most notable examples).

Even by those standards, this was really bad, the kind of bad that brings back the remarks Michelle Obama's DNC address describing Trump as not able to rise to the needs of the moment. He shows himself as completely unwilling to face his own actions and the consequences of those actions. His own campaign seems to treat Biden as the incumbent and he the challenger, which makes sense only in the upside down world of Trump land...

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
In before one of his supporters posts about how this is all part of some brilliant strategy by Trump even though yes, he was totally ambushed and it was super unfair.

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
I get that people are posting literally all of their hopes on an alzheimers patient, and they're trying to give themselves hope, but anyone who thinks that trump is as bad at speaking as biden is deliberately lying to themselves

Whistling past the grave a second time is only setting yourself up for dissapointment. Biden really is as bad as people say he is, and yes, it is having a tangible effect on how he is percieved.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I get that people are posting literally all of their hopes on an alzheimers patient, and they're trying to give themselves hope, but anyone who thinks that trump is as bad at speaking as biden is deliberately lying to themselves

Whistling past the grave a second time is only setting yourself up for dissapointment. Biden really is as bad as people say he is, and yes, it is having a tangible effect on how he is percieved.
Which Alzheimer patient? The only choice we have is between two elderly men who don't know what they are talking about half the time. Trump's Father actually had Alzheimer's and that increases his risk for it over Biden. Trump is accusing Biden of taking " performance enhancers" because Trump cannot even answer questions as well as Biden does. SO if you think that about Biden, you may want to re review what you have seen from Trump. Trumps " best people" are the ones who have been declaring him dangerously unfit for office here:

Why are so many of Trump's best people, who supported him and help him get into office in the first place now telling us he is " dangerously unfit for office", if he is not?

Just HOW unfit Trump is makes Biden look great in comparison and that is hard to do. When Trump's own cabinet, one of the only means to remove a sitting president from office btw, are the ones telling us this, we really should listen.

I don't think there is anyone out there that can claim Biden is unfit but then attempt to say Trump is not with a straight face. Biden is still sadly more fit than Trump, even if they both have foot in mouth and rambling old man issues. Trump couldn't even raise a glass to his mouth with one hand.

Last edited:

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Fox news of course claims Trump was " ambushed" with basic questions from voters concerned about how his policies affect them.
The public isn't as terrible at journalism as the newsreaders at mainstream outlets; I'm sure for Trump it did feel like an ambush.

It is a sad day in America when one elderly presidential candidate accuses the other of using performance enhancers just to be able to answer basic questions.
It's plausible when you consider the bizarre, meandering answers he's given to other basic questions. Biden has been noticeably more coherent at debates than other things (though he still lied his ass off against Bernie; that's not a matter of cognitive function).

Last edited:
Reactions: crimson5pheonix

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
It's plausible when you consider the bizarre, meandering answers he's given to other basic questions. Biden has been noticeably more coherent at debates than other things (though he still lied his ass off against Bernie; that's not a matter of cognitive function).
You have to remember they are people like everyone else. We all have our moments. Some of these " at home interviews" he has been doing, we don't know if he just woke up from a nap or not or if he really needs one. I am not even middle age, let alone elderly and am petite and worry about being underweight, not overweight and I wouldn't want to have to answer questions after eating a large meal. I normally avoid eating things like bread and potatoes because when I do, my hands face and feet go numb, I start drooling and have to take a nap. I wake up and am fine.. but if someone were to try to get a coherent conversation out of me after I ate.. forget about it. Some people need a nap after a meal for a reason. The point is, people have good moments and bad. Just looking at our own posts on here, I do not know anyone on here, you and I both included, that has always made sense in everything we post. That doesn't mean we are using performance enhancers when we do. LOL!

EDIT: TBH though if Biden was using "brain pills", I don't see that as a bad thing here if he or any other president chose to do so regardless of age. Most of them are just vitamin supplements, caffeine, CDP-choline, creatine monohydrate, brahmi, or ginkgo biloba and are relatively safe to use. Biden actually having brain surgery, it would not be surprising if his physician may have prescribed or encouraged the use of supplements to help his brain heal. After my father had a stroke, his neurologist put him on similar as well as encouraging specific foods, such as purple grapes and supplements that assisted the brain in reforming connections.

Last edited:

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
People attacked Obama for his speech too
It isn't his speech issues that are the problem. It is the content of his answers. He can't explain that his policies don't and will not hurt the people because they do, so he changes the subject or just lies.

When the man is literally causing problems that will cause the woman who cannot do without her medication for 48-72hrs to die, because he has no plan to prevent that from happening if he has the ACA repealed, he just bold face lies to her instead when he knows that she will die as a result of his decision to go after the ACA the way he has done. That is not a " gaffe", it is just the reality of his policies and plans here.

If Trump had just stuttered or slurred, that would be fine, what is not fine is the impact of his actual policies and plans here.

Last edited:

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States

I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just telling you, trying to frame trump as being a bad speaker who puts his foot in his mouth is a bad method of attack if you support biden. All it does is highlight bidens own flaws as a candidate. You would be better served trying to demonstrate their differences.

But if dems want to die on this hill, it's no skin off my bones. I'm just a casual observer. Don't shoot the messenger.

I mean, everyone can see it. Nancy pelosi is literally calling to cancel the debates, and despite her claims, everyone knows why.

lil devils x

Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just telling you, trying to frame trump as being a bad speaker who puts his foot in his mouth is a bad method of attack if you support biden. All it does is highlight bidens own flaws as a candidate. You would be better served trying to demonstrate their differences.

But if dems want to die on this hill, it's no skin off my bones. I'm just a casual observer. Don't shoot the messenger.

I mean, everyone can see it. Nancy pelosi is literally calling to cancel the debates, and despite her claims, everyone knows why.
The OP wasn't about Trump being a bad speaker. It was specifically about his answers, subject changes, and bold face lies to the people who asked him questions that was the primary issue here. It is the CONTENT of his answers, not the delivery. His plans and policies are the problem here more than anything else. I could care less if both trump and Biden suffer from 'old man 'splainin problems'. The content of Trumps polices and plans are the core problem here. He makes Biden's plans look amazing in comparison, even though they are just " better", far from amazing.

Reactions: Worgen

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
but anyone who thinks that trump is as bad at speaking as biden is deliberately lying to themselves
Then you've never actually seen Biden on a debate stage.

I'm sure for Trump it did feel like an ambush.
When you're operating on the cognitive level of a severely impaired chihuahua as Trump is, I imagine most things are interpreted as threats and ambushes.

Have you ever noticed that the people who claim not to have a stake in the race, and are therefor the least informed, are the first ones to offer unsolicited advice to both sides?

Reactions: lil devils x