Trump vs. the World - 8 Twitter Wars With Donald Trump

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
Trump vs. the World - 8 Twitter Wars With Donald Trump

Here are eight times that President-Elect Trump just couldn't let things go, and had to get on Twitter to let the world know what he thought.

Read Full Article

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
I hate to be kinda a douche here, and I know this is going to sound douchy and I'm sorry, but doesn't this have absolutely nothing to do with Video games, or movies or entertainment or what ever? For a magazine called the escapist, isn't this exactly the sort of thing we're all trying to "escape" from?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Kameburger said:
I hate to be kinda a douche here, and I know this is going to sound douchy and I'm sorry, but doesn't this have absolutely nothing to do with Video games, or movies or entertainment or what ever? For a magazine called the escapist, isn't this exactly the sort of thing we're all trying to "escape" from?
I've got to agree actually. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about Donald Trump that I could puke.

zellosoli

Aug 22, 2011
well it was nice while it lasted but it looks like the escapist is going back to its old bad habits

we don't need another buzz feed guys, stop it, we don't care what happens on twitter, it's a dying dumpster fire anyway

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
zellosoli said:
well it was nice while it lasted but it looks like the escapist is going back to its old bad habits
What old habits were those?

we don't need another buzz feed guys, stop it, we don't care what happens on twitter, it's a dying dumpster fire anyway
Sure, Twitter is a veritable hellhole (much of teh internetz is), but it's a platform Trump is choosing to abuse use. I'm not sure where the BuzzFeed comparison comes in; records of Trump's actual twisted ramblings are presented (replete with their variously psychotic exclamation marks... Very strange!), with a little commentary or presentation of responses included. That's as moderate as you can get.

Trump's a potentially very dangerous idiot president-elect - he needs to be watched, and held accountable by as many people as possible. One or two such pieces at Escapist aren't going to distract from the games/pop culture coverage.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Kameburger said:
I'm absolutely inclined to agree. As much as I dislike the guy, I come here knowing I can get away from things like this.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Unless he does something that directly affects gaming, please can we keep Mr Orange Is The New Black away form the pages of The Escapist?

I mean come on, we're going to be seeing enough of this guy over the next four years (although I hope he doesn't make it to four, come on impeachment proceedings!) we don't need to see his spray tanned mug here as well.

irish286

Mar 17, 2012
We get it, you people don't like Trump. The constant attacks are getting old... This is just self induced hysteria at this point.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
I don't want to read about Trump at all; so I clicked on the link to a Trump-related gallery of tweets.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
CaitSeith said:
I don't want to read about Trump at all; so I clicked on the link to a Trump-related gallery of tweets.
While I see what you're trying to say, I actually didn't read the article, I went straight to the comments to let the escapist know that this is exactly the kind of thing I don't want to see on their site.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Uhhh... What? Cmon this site doesn't need this. Buzzfeed lit a tire fire with documents that the BBC, MSNBC, Fox, The Washington Post, etc all chose not to run because it was unverifiable and caused a furore about it everywhere.

The moral of this story? Buzzfeed are a terrible news outlet and they thought Gawker was lonely in news media hell. Don't be another Buzzfeed.

(Please note that this is not a Pro Trump post. I don't like Trump, but Buzzfeed's conduct and this article is what this is about).

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
How can Clinton have hoped to be a better president when she not only can't shitpost anywhere near as well as Trump, she can't even hire people at his level to do it for her.

At least Sanders hired grad students who often stole quotes from others who could mildly shitpost.

zellosoli

Aug 22, 2011
What old habits were those?
posting clickbit articles that have little or nothing to do with with gaming as a whole, the escapist got lampooned for doing that a while ago until they announced they were gonna refocus their efforts and and be more accountable, it was kinda half heated but it was ok, until now

Sure, Twitter is a veritable hellhole (much of teh internetz is), but it's a platform Trump is choosing to abuse use. I'm not sure where the BuzzFeed comparison comes in; records of Trump's actual twisted ramblings are presented (replete with their variously psychotic exclamation marks... Very strange!), with a little commentary or presentation of responses included. That's as moderate as you can get.

Trump's a potentially very dangerous idiot president-elect - he needs to be watched, and held accountable by as many people as possible. One or two such pieces at Escapist aren't going to distract from the games/pop culture coverage.
considering you are not making the buzzfeed/clickbait connection and the obvious passive aggressive tone (as well as that lovely "we must unite" for trump is the enemy" remarks) I'm going to assume that any attempt to discuss the matter with will fall on deaf ears, but again that does not change the fact that twitter is a huge dumpster fire that need to go away, and i for one do not care nor find any reason why anyone should care about the rambles of anyone be it presedent, celebrity, sjw, nra, nazi, whatever on this site unless it refers to gaming. you want to care and raise (and im assumeing because you've made it pretty obvious) your Anti-Trump Flag? Fine, do it over on buzz feed or some other political site where the every news story is like "who's line is it anyway"

the rest of us are tired of this shtick