Trump's income taxes published by NYT

ralfy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 21, 2008
Related:

From 2010:

According to calculations by the Joint Committee on Taxation, a congressional committee, tax filers with adjusted gross incomes between $40,000 and $50,000 have an average federal income tax burden of just 1.7%. Those with adjusted gross incomes between $50,000 and $75,000 have an average burden of 4.2%.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
Related:

Yup. People scream " we can't afford it" when the truth is "we" as in 95% of the population can't afford it because the top 5% have everything and everyone else has nothing now, so WE can afford it and a lot of it, being the WEALTHIEST nation in the world, we just need to tax the wealthy to solve all these problems, because they are who actually CAUSED all these problems.

The republicans are the primary ones blocking us from solving this currently.
This level of wealth inequality is not sustainable. We do have wealthy telling us how to solve it, just we have the Trumps blocking them from doing so.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
That reminds me of this 2012 article about sociopaths and politicians:

Yes. It's often said narcissists can be very successful, because their need for admiration can mean extreme ambition. The thing is, though, they're also very unhappy, because they're perpetually insecure and unsatisfied. Sociopaths are of course different. In practice, lots of sociopaths are actually productive members of society because they have absorbed society's ideas about morality and adhere to them even if they don't really care about other people. (It's the ones that don't we need to worry about.)

What both of them share is a tendency to ruthlessness, which other people have to work harder at because it means putting aside their care for others. I'm not sure a lot of narcissists and sociopaths actually are that successful in politics, because the likelihood is that they'll self-sabotage because they don't quite get other people. What I think more happens is that power breeds attitudes that are akin to those in narcissism and sociopathy: status breeds expectations of respect, and making hard choices breeds desensitisation to suffering, etc.

lil devils x

🐐More Lego Goats Please!🐐
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
🐐USA🐐
That reminds me of this 2012 article about sociopaths and politicians:

I think it is not that they are more suited to be leaders, but rather they are more ruthless so there isn't anything they will not do to make sure they win. They are in fact, the very people we need to screen out from being leaders as the people who make the best leaders are usually the people who have no interest in doing so at all. We have to simultaneously convince the good leaders to take the job while blocking the ones who will kill anyone who get's in their way to get it.

Reactions: Shadyside

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
You don't stand corrected. It's just propaganda trying to discredit propaganda. Your instinct to trust actual investigations was spot on.
Convicted criminal James O'Keefe wouldn't know an "actual investigation" even if it sat on his lap and called him daddy. I get the feeling you fall into the same camp...

Last edited:

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Convicted criminal James O'Keefe wouldn't know an "actual investigation" even if it sat on his lap and called him daddy. I get the feeling you fall into the same camp...
You're literally responding to a post that called him propaganda.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
My instinct to reflexively believe the opposite of anything published by O'Keefe seems more spot on.

And if you want to actually read the article rather than the tweet based on it, the whole thing started from a elected officials brother collecting more ballots from people than he was legally allowed to and then bragging about it on Snapchat. O'Keefe is a turd, but he's a turd that exploits real events. The tweets you're so compelled to post seek to imply that the whole thing was an entirely fabricated production. Your propaganda is just as bad.