Try our 'Classic Board Games' Quiz!

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Try our 'Classic Board Games' Quiz!

Dust off your old board games in this week's quiz!

We here at the Escapist are feeling a little nostalgic for the days when you could gather up some friends and family, sit around the dining room table, and utterly beat the crap out of each other in a good old fashioned game of Monopoly or Connect Four. So in the spirit of the classic board games of years past, we've put together a quiz on some of the we used to play in our younger years! How many of these classic board games do you remember?

(<a
href="http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/180">Take the quiz!)

You'll have as long as you like to take the quiz, and can retake it until you get 100%. Just remember your cumulative time will affect your position on the leaderboard.

Image: Flickr [http://www.flickr.com/photos/8047705@N02/5463789169/]

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
100% and 3rd on first try? Well...that was surprising, though I guess the 3rd place will soon fall.

I knew most, but guessed on some which I've never heard of, "buy houses, get married..." or "this game was designed by..."

Never played those games either. xd

SirCannonFodder

Nov 23, 2007
I don't play boardgames much (haven't in about 8 years), and even I found this pretty easy. Only one I had to sort-of guess was the German named guy.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
I feel ashamed that I got 6/10 on the first try (well I don't know the answer to Klaus Teuber but still) since I grow up with those board games.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Seriously? 100%? I have hardly played board games and I manage to ace this on the first try, while I can hardly ever get 100% straight away on any gaming related quiz, no matter how well I might know the subject...

Lukeje

Feb 6, 2008
That was surprisingly easy. I didn't even have to guess any of the answers...

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I don't know half those games.

Are they perhaps more relevant to a different time period or continent?

Lawnmooer

Apr 15, 2009
8/10

Not bad considering there were 3 questions I didn't know the answers to (One was to do with 6AD, one to do with a game I'd never played and one other that I believe was what game a company made), since I remembered playing most of the games featured.

I do now see that I played a crap-ton of board games as a child (Usually when it was raining and didn't want to go outside, or couldn't because I'd die - "Don't go out into the rain or you'll catch your death"... Seriously? I fell for that?)

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
7th place and 100% first try. Nice. And I love board games. I also now have a craving to play Monopoly.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
That was startlingly easy, although to be fair I'm a bit of a board game lover. Wasn't there a way to submit your own quizzes? Can I make a "Challenging Board Game" quiz? heck, I've got five questions right off the top of my head!

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's The Classic Board Game Quiz. Take this quiz [/quizzes/view/180-The-Classic-Board-Game-Quiz]

Ah, nostalgia.

RandV80

Oct 1, 2009
I think this is the easiest quiz the Escapist has ever put up. Even the 2 or 3 questions I didn't really know were pretty obvious, or at least 50/50, based on the answers.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Yay, 10 on my first try!
The questions were pretty easy, but the way you formulated them were just awesome!
RandV80 said:
I think this is the easiest quiz the Escapist has ever put up.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/view/128-The-Escapists-Super-Easy-Quiz-2010

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
The one about the metal balls being shot at pucks...THAT COMMERCIAL WILL BE FOREVER BURNED INTO MY BRAIN. IT WILL CONTINUE TO LIVE THERE FOREVER. I HAVE SEEN THE TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN, AND IT IS GOOD.