Try to Spot All the Game References In This Music Video

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Try to Spot All the Game References In This Music Video

There are so many videogame references crammed into this Goldfish video that you may need help identifying them all.

At the beginning of this music videos for "We Come Together" by South African dance/jazz group Goldfish Live [http://www.goldfishlive.com/], you may think that it will be fairly straightforward. "Oh," you say to yourself, "That female goldfish is dressed like Princess Peach and needs to be rescued. Heh, nice Mario reference."

But no. That's only the beginning. The rest of the music video involves the Goldfish fighting the evil Jazz Police cats on an epic quest for revenge and to save their lady friend, and it is jam-packed with more videogame references and in-jokes than you can shake a saxophone at.

At some point, I honestly stopped trying to count them all - there are so many, and occasionally multiple different ones within the same scene (like the Prince from Katamari Damacy riding the DJ Hero turntable). I've watched it four times by now, and I still haven't seen them all.

This is one excellent piece of work that's a great love letter to videogames. And hey, the song's catchy, too.

How many can you spot?

Roberto416

Mar 30, 2011
Loved the video. Loved how all the bad guys were cats and the video game references.

They also showed the making of the music video which was very informative.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
Well, I got the obvious ones, like Garfield, Princess Peach, the Storm Troopers, Hello kitty, Felix the Cat, Meowth, bomber-man and the prince of the cosmos.

What I didn't expect was stuff like Finn from Adventure Time and what I'm assuming was a nod to Clay Fighter at the end there?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I saw the Sega reference, the Bubble Bobble one and I was excited.

The moment Q*bert was referenced, I knew I was in love.

My score? I spotted 19 I recognized.

This is amazing.

*immediately favorites*

Zaik

Jul 20, 2009
Archemetis said:
Well, I got the obvious ones, like Garfield, Princess Peach, the Storm Troopers, Hello kitty, Felix the Cat, Meowth, bomber-man and the prince of the cosmos.

What I didn't expect was stuff like Finn from Adventure Time and what I'm assuming was a nod to Clay Fighter at the end there?
It looked like a double reference, Finn from Adventure Time and Pitfall.

As far as trying to keep count, I gave up at the point where Bomberman blows himself up and a Cactaur, Parappa the Rapper, Ghosts from Pac Man, Finn from Adventure Time, someone in the background I don't recognize, and that guy from Katamari Damacy all go flying.

Edit: The katamari damacy guy is running on a Minecraft world.

standokan

May 28, 2009
That litteraly blew my mind and yes, they did cram and awful lot of references in thos few minutes.. I spotted Jake btw

The Red Spy

Dec 1, 2009
Even Felix the cat made it in there somehow, this pleases me.

Here is a short video on how it was made for those of you interested:

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
I think I got all of them.
They are in order, if there is more than one in the same secne, they are on the same line.
I don't know all the names, though I do know when it's a refernce:

sega
Mario
starwars
excitebikes
that bubble dinosaur thing
touch screens
mario again
star wars again
I don't know which game, but i know its a game
I don't know which game, but i know its a game
portal
star wars, again
xbox live/easter eggs
earthworm jim
mario, again/ pokemon anime
Street fighter and/or Dragon Ball/z/gt
pokemon
mario, again
GTA
Pac man
GTA, again
The organge box
Metal gear
Pokemon, Spore/star trek, hello kitty, ???
Mario, Donkey kong, star wars, MC escher(why?), ???,
Angry birds, donkey kong, star wars
Pac man, mario, ALL YOUR BASE, legend of zelda (probably the hardest one to spot, it's the chest game lady behind the bar)
Frogger (maybe), Majoras mask (maybe)
Mortal kombat
Angry birds, duck hunt
Sam and max
pac man
???
Mortal kombat/ bloody games in general, the simpspons(Toasty!)
Bomberman, space invanders, Mario/yoshi/coin(?)
Cactus thing, don't know which game, parappa the rapper, pac man, star wars, adventure time (why?) Katamari, Yoshi, sonic, (would have been a great Majoras mask refernce to have a face on the moon)
Don't know which game, garfield, Tenage mutant nija turtles, cheat codes, sonic.
Mario, Mincraft (maybe) eearthworm jim

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
That rocked the fish bowl and as someone who was born in 89 and as a result missed out on alot of the cult classics that always get honoured in such ways, it was good to see some newer games in there like Pokemon and Angry Birds.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
I cracked up laughing at "A WINNER IS YOU". That's a meme relevant to Big Rigs for anyone who doesn't know xD
I like the song, too. Good to see some decent singers lying around :>

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Oh, I've seen this!
I can't remember how many things I spotted myself since I've spent so long scrolling through YouTube comments that reveal them for me. Such as Rick Astley on the screen in the background after Princess Fishy's hooked up.

The people here disliking the song seem particularly harsh. I thought it was too happy to not like.