Try Twitch Prime, Get a Free Hearthstone Hero

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Try Twitch Prime, Get a Free Hearthstone Hero

Twitch Prime members will get the alternate Priest hero: Tyrande Whisperwind, in Hearthstone this month.

When Twitch revealed Twitch Prime [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168545-Twitch-Prime-Twitch-Amazon-Partnership] at Twitch Con this weekend, one of the promised rewards was free in-game goodies with participating developers. Well, the free goody for this month is certainly a doozy: the alternate Priest hero: Tyrande Whisperwind, for Blizzard's Hearthstone.

"Through November 5, you can add the new Priest hero, Tyrande Whisperwind, to your Hearthstone collection when you try Twitch Prime!" wrote Blizzard in a here [http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20303032/try-twitch-prime-and-get-tyrande-whisperwind-9-30-2016].

Just like all the previously released alternate heroes, Tyrande comes with her own unique set of emotes, a "golden" hero power animation, and an exclusive card back.

Unfortunately, Twitch Prime is only available in he United States, Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Belgium, and Austria. Blizzard has not revealed any way that gamers outside of these countries can get their hands on Tyrande, but we have reached out for comment.

Source: Blizzard [http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20303032/try-twitch-prime-and-get-tyrande-whisperwind-9-30-2016]

Janaschi

Scion of Delphi
Aug 21, 2012
Better late than nevers!

Pretty good deal so far. Prime can be tried out for free, and since a code is given, you are not restricted to just using whatever E-Mail you are using for BNet (just in case you, like me, had already used the Prime trial on that E-Mail).

They mentioned on their official fora that they were coming up with an alternative means for the rest of the world to unlock her. So hopefully that will be revealed soon, since people are upset, largely because Blizzard has not actually made that clear in their news releases (just in insignificant threads that can easily be missed).

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
Will she be available to purchase after this Twitch Prime promotion is over or is it going to be another Khadgar situation?
I already spend enough on my Twitch Subs as it is so I don't really have any desire to add more to my bill.

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
Diablo1099 said:
Will she be available to purchase after this Twitch Prime promotion is over or is it going to be another Khadgar situation?
I already spend enough on my Twitch Subs as it is so I don't really have any desire to add more to my bill.
If you've not used Amazon Prime before you could always get a free trial month just to get Tyrande. That said you get 1 free sub per month with it as well as effectively getting turbo for free (plus Amazon video, music, kindle books and delivery perks) so it actually works out as a decent deal.

Really sucks for the huge number of people who can't get it at all though; crappy planning on Blizz's part really to gate off yet another character that way.

Mangod

Feb 20, 2011
Battenberg said:
Diablo1099 said:
If you've not used Amazon Prime before you could always get a free trial month just to get Tyrande. That said you get 1 free sub per month with it as well as effectively getting turbo for free (plus Amazon video, music, kindle books and delivery perks) so it actually works out as a decent deal.

Really sucks for the huge number of people who can't get it at all though; crappy planning on Blizz's part really to gate off yet another character that way.
Yeah, I'm a swede, so I'm really salty over this.

Granted, GarouxBloodline claims that Blizzard have said they'll come up with an alternate way for those os us who don't live in America, Canada, England, France, Spain, Italy or Germany, but still - the Apple promo was bad enough, but now they've excluded entire countries.

SlumlordThanatos

Lord Inquisitor
Aug 25, 2014
Diablo1099 said:
Doubtful.

I'm not sure if Blizzard is overreacting to the negative feedback from the first three heroes, or if they don't understand that we don't mind actually paying for them if they're of a high enough quality.

Personally, I'm leaning towards Blizzard simply losing touch with their playerbase, especially if you consider some of their more recent fuckups.