Trying to remember the name of a book but I only know a description of it.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
I've never read it but I remember reading about what I can only guess is a novel(and probably sci-fi) with the premise that as you physically further down the backroads away from major highways you go back in time. Or maybe it's just a concept some author mentioned but for some reason this whole idea is stuck in my head and I have no idea what it's referring too.

Does this ring a bell for anyone? A novel or a short story maybe? I've looked through the names of time travel novels and nothing jumps out at me and it's driving me nuts.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Does this ring a bell for anyone? A novel or a short story maybe?
Nope, I don't know anything about it. Ok, while that is a correct answer, not a useful one, so I stuck your question into chatgpt and it mentions Roadmarks by Roger Zelazny.

Because you should not trust chatgpt I then checked the wiki on Roadmarks makes it seem similar to what you are asking about (but less similar than chatgpt said)

Reactions: Dalisclock

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Nope, I don't know anything about it. Ok, while that is a correct answer, not a useful one, so I stuck your question into chatgpt and it mentions Roadmarks by Roger Zelazny.

Because you should not trust chatgpt I then checked the wiki on Roadmarks makes it seem similar to what you are asking about (but less similar than chatgpt said)
That kinda looks like it? It's the closest I've been able to find. Thank you.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
The same concept lies behind the joke about Des Moines in the South Park episode "Prehistoric Ice Man".
It being a very old jokes adds some meta-cleverness to the whole thing, if one is willing to be pretentious about it.

Reactions: Dalisclock