Tsunami "payback" for Pearl Harbour

Jonabob87

Jan 18, 2010
If this has already been brought up, do forgive but this has been brought to my attention:

*Link removed* (by the OP) People are sending messages to Facebook accounts apparently and that's also out of line.

Apparently there is a fair amount of Americans claiming that the Tsunami currently ravaging Japan can be seen as payback for an attack in WW2.

"getting a little more payback for peal harbour. they thought we forgot about that BS, didn't they?"

"Remember pearl harbour? Go tsunami go!"

Only two brief examples of a torrent of idiotic comments that seriously make one wonder where people get this crap from.

What are your thoughts, Escapists?

SarcasminBloom

Sep 30, 2009
I don't understand some people. How can someone even begin to say anything like that? It's just, mind boggling.

subject_87

Jul 2, 2010
Wow... that's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. I'm just speechless...

EDIT: Okay, I'm a bit more composed now. Besides, weren't the internment camps and nukes payback enough?

cryogeist

Apr 16, 2010
SarcasminBloom said:
I don't understand some people. How can someone even begin to say anything like that? It's just, mind boggling.
dude there are people on this anime site i go to that are bitching there weekend animes wont be out...people just dont give a shit

danintexas

Jul 30, 2010
ignorant uncaring selfish assholes.

There are many of these in the world. Many more on the internet.

SarcasminBloom

Sep 30, 2009
cyrogeist said:
SarcasminBloom said:
dude there are people on this anime site i go to that are bitching there weekend animes wont be out...people just dont give a shit
Well, to be honest, this doesn't surprise me at all. People are selfish assholes, and that's just how it is. I just wish it wasn't. Shit like this makes me disgusted to be a human being.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
If it was payback for Pearl Harbor you'd think it'd have happened to the people who actually had a part in Pearl Harbor, most of the people affected now weren't old enough to be a part of Pearl Harbor. Most of the veterans are all in their 80's and dying off quickly, earthquakes or not.

Jonabob87

Jan 18, 2010
cyrogeist said:
SarcasminBloom said:
I think Hideo Kojima was getting complaints on twitter about MGO servers being down too.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Jonabob87 said:
I think it's going to be sorta obvious that everyone here isn't quite so stupid as to think this is God's payback for Pearl Harbour, and that it takes rather a special kind of insanity to think that.

Jan 27, 2011
........Ok, that's just disgusting.

Also didn't the US already get their payback when they NUKED TWO INNOCENT CIVILIAN TOWNS?!

...Think the world forgot about THAT?

SwimmingRock

Nov 11, 2009
What baffles me is that these people seem to think that tsunamis are somehow intentional or guided weapons. They do realize nature doesn't give a shit about our human wars, right? I mean, sure, the destruction part, but you can't possibly convince me the planet has become sentient and sided with America.

Oh, wait. They're those fundamentalist Christian-in-name-only nutbags who believe God did this personally, right? *sigh*

Alon Shechter

Apr 8, 2010
I bet they're a bunch of sad idiots who try put themselves in an illusion that they actually love themselves and don't care what other people think.

Aiden_the-Joker1

Apr 21, 2010
I would have thought the outcome to WW2 was "payback" enough. Honestly there are some really horrible people out there who always claim they are the victims.

Jonabob87

Jan 18, 2010
thaluikhain said:
Jonabob87 said:
I think it's going to be sorta obvious that everyone here isn't quite so stupid as to think this is God's payback for Pearl Harbour, and that it takes rather a special kind of insanity to think that.
I don't know I've seen some completely insane statements on the Escapist!

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Uhh.

As if I need more of a reason to dislike people who would describe themselves as "patriots".

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
All i need is an address and a gun. Well someone has to put them out of their misery

0mn1p0t3ntg6y

Jan 30, 2011
These are the Americans that make bigotry and stupidity problems in the world. Unfortunately there are a lot of them. This is a NATURAL disaster and anyone who thinks we did this as payback is an idiot. Also the nukes were more than enough payback.