Tsunami's To Blame For Lack Of Marvel Vs. Capcom DLC

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
For the people wondering how this relates to now DLC being released...

Wasn't PSN down in Japan for several months after the tsunami? That's what I recall.

That said, it's still a pretty dirty move to release a UMvC3 without any cheaper alternatives for the owners of the original version

cgentero

Nov 5, 2010
Codeman90 said:
So since Capcom could have screwed us over worse we should be glad they chose to only screw us over as bad as they did. Here is an idea how about not being screwed over at all.

SuperMse said:
The tsunami in no way stops them from releasing this as DLC along with the disc based launch.
Exactly.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Wait did the tsunami hit one of Capcom building or did somewhere in the flood somehow short circuit a important eletronic componment for the DLC? Otherwise I don't see how that is a solid reason for it (or mabe they donate a lot of money toward the donation instead of the DLC?).

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
What a bunch of crap. All that should mean is that the DLC would come out later than planned. Capcom, you are to blame for the lack of DLC because you decided to put it on a new disc rather than release it. The tsunami is just your pathetic excuse, just like the fans not doing enough was your pathetic excuse for canceling Legends 3. And I for one have had enough of this company and it's pathetic excuses for screwing over its customers.

starwarsgeek said:
So, originally, we would have been expected to pay $5 each and take up room on our hard drives. Instead of paying $70 (14 characters), we pay 40. Capcom makes more money because people won't pick-and-choose their characters, and we get a better price per character...especially considering the possibility of a trade in bonus.

Win-win?
Problem is, you're assuming that characters would be $5 each. You're also assuming that everyone would buy them all.

Keep on trying to defend a company that doesn't care about you and is only screwing you over less than it's screwing over other former fans because people apparently want to buy more fighting games than platformers or adventure/whatever you would call Ace Attorney right now. Maybe someday someone at Capcom will read this and not really care at all that you stood up for them screwing people.

OniYouji said:
Is that also your excuse for AAI2 not being localized and canceling Mega Man Legends 3? Uh huh...
Legends 3 is blamed on the fans, even though Capcom actively tried to keep the fans out of the project every step of the way. Last I knew they didn't even try to give a bullshit excuse for AAI2, they were honest for once and said "We're greedy fucks who would have made money from the game, but not enough money to fill a swimming pool with it so screw you fans, you don't get this game."

Dec 14, 2009
I'm fine with them releasing the new game on disk, rather than as DLC.

What I'm not fine with, is the obvious lack of any reward for the loyalty of those who bought MVC3.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Jerry Pendleton said:
It scares me to think that the folks at NetherRealm are doing the responsible thing be actually balancing the game and releasing additional content. In addition, when a new character is released, the offer a free patch with addition of free perks such as alternate costumes.
If we're going by the prices for the DLC Characters in MK you're going to end up paying more in the long run, that is if they release more than 7 characters as DLC. I don't see how this argument makes sense. (no offense I understand where you're coming from)

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Wait a second...

Digital Download
v
Retail Disk

One of these requires...hold on...
Box
Box Art
Instruction Manual
Disk
Shipping
Handling
Stocking

And you couldnt just make the DLC?
Sounds like you just wanted to make moar money

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
can't beleive them when theres super street fighter 4 and super street fighter 4 arcade edition on store shelves. they were going to release Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom even if the Tsunami didn't happen.

and i can guarantee that Street fighter x Tekken will get the same treatment.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
karloss01 said:
can't beleive them when theres super street fighter 4 and super street fighter 4 arcade edition on store shelves. they were going to release Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom even if the Tsunami didn't happen.

and i can guarantee that Street fighter x Tekken will get the same treatment.
I forgot, did SSF4 come out in 2009 or 2010?

EDIT: It's 2010.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Sooo... what's their excuse for SSFIV:AE not having challenge modes for the mere four characters I payed fifteen fucking dollars for?

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Lt. Vinciti said:
Which is funny when you think that it would probably cheaper to buy the disk version than get separate DLCs.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
Ninjamedic said:
Lt. Vinciti said:
Which is funny when you think that it would probably cheaper to buy the disk version than get separate DLCs.
Some of these people already paid $60 for a game they could buy DLC for

Now you want to pay $40 for the same shit w/ different story (sorta)

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Lt. Vinciti said:
Ninjamedic said:
Lt. Vinciti said:
Some of these people already paid $60 for a game they could buy DLC for

Now you want to pay $40 for the same shit w/ different story (sorta)
If we take each character for $5 that would mean $60. We live in a screwed up world.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
Yeah... Capcom is insane.

The worse thing is that, compared to the SF4 series, everyone could see MvC3 as a bit of unfinished product, not to mention that some of the design choices made no sense (don't get me started on that). Add to that the game won't even be a full year old by the time UMvC3 drops. Even CoD and Madden have the good graces to wait around a full year before they drop a new installment of the series.

Foolishness, Capcom. Foolishness. If not for Vergil being in this, I'd have gotten rid of my original MvC3 and never looked back a long time ago.

TheDooD

Dec 23, 2010
Damn lairs and this is low blaming the tsunami. You're very lucky Vergil, FireBrand, Strider and Ghost Rider look like they're gonna be very fun to use in UMVC3. Yet you'll gonna catch hell if some certain characters don't get in the "arcade edition" of UMVC3 you got one more chance don't fuck it up Capcom.

Oct 30, 2010
I dunno, makes sense to me. The tsunami could have interfered with releasing DLC on a regular schedule. Then, rather than pushing everything back, send it all out at once.

Wouldn't explain why it has to be on disc though.

Warrior Irme

May 30, 2008
I think at this point it's safe to say that we should stop purchasing their new fighting games on release, and just wait 6 months for the real version of the game at 2/3 the cost. I've been screwed by this planning twice now.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I think many people seem to be forgetting how the DLC process works. Particularly in the case of the 360, every single piece of DLC has to be approved and verified separately, and developers have previously stated this isn't a quick process. If the development time was delayed due to the tsunami and things started running into eachother, it would make more sense to release it all as one package instead of in pieces. Of course, that doesn't mean Capcom couldn't still release the game as a single DLC package but that doesn't seem to be the debate here. It seems most people just want to be able to buy the pieces separately.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Yeah, I don't care what excuses they make. I'm still not giving them any more money. I wonder what they're going to blame the Arcade Edition of UMvC3 on when it comes out less than a year after this version.