Tsunami's To Blame For Lack Of Marvel Vs. Capcom DLC

Stalydan

Mar 18, 2011
So Capcom is saying I could get an update or DLC because of a tsunami?... I'm calling bullshit.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Codeman90 said:
I guarantee you any other company would charge through the nose for the amount of stuff in the Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 game.
But they ARE charging us through the nose, 40 bucks for a glorified DLC? No thanks Capcom

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Furioso said:
Codeman90 said:
I guarantee you any other company would charge through the nose for the amount of stuff in the Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 game.
But they ARE charging us through the nose, 40 bucks for a glorified DLC? No thanks Capcom
As opposed to $5 a character with MK. Yeah.....

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
chuckey said:
somehow i find this hard to believe. They had time to make a whole new disc yet couldn't work out DLC? I'm not saying they are lying but it doesn't make any sense to me.
You sir are too polite , I sure as hell think they are lying , through their teeth. Announce new game , fans get mad , blame mother nature . Hell i guess that means that UMvC3 is an act of GOD ?

Kaiser6012

Mar 10, 2010
Furioso said:
...But you were perfectly happy with paying $60 for it in the current pricing system...
See, this is what I don't get - the knee-jerk reaction of "Herp-derp, they released it on CD instead of in DLC EVIL!!!". I've crunched the numbers, and the estimated value of the DLC bundle, at current DLC prices (assuming the new stages cost as much as a Shadow Battle does and adding $3 for various sundry features like Spectator Mode, improved net code, game balancing etc.) is roughly $66 (12 DLC characters at $5 each, 4 stages at $1.35 each and $3 sundry) and that's without whatever else they plan to announce before the release date. That's Capcom losing $26 in potential sales per customer based on current market trends. 33 per cent of the possible money received per unit gone.
Per. Unit. If 100,000 people buy this disc, Capcom will have lost more than $2 million dollars in potential return. Assuming they make a 25% profit, they would have sacrificed 260% of their potential profit margian by releasing this all at once. Yeah, they're real gougers, them Capcom folks...

To be fair, though, I feel the current cost of DLC is exorbitant and that yes, they have done themselves a disservice by not putting some of this out in DLC. However, throw Capcom a bone - they're discounting stuff for you and the customers still want their heads.

P.S I wonder what would have happened if they DID release DLC along the way. People would probably complain that Capcom didn't add enough stuff into the Ultimate disc to justify it. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Ninjamedic said:
Furioso said:
Codeman90 said:
As opposed to $5 a character with MK. Yeah.....
Yea that's also ridiculous, but it still doesn't excuse capcom

Strixvaliano

Feb 8, 2011
I'm sorry Capcon but the moderate drought condition where I live is causing me not to buy your game unnecessary and overpriced expansion.

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Kaiser6012 said:
P.S I wonder what would have happened if they DID release DLC along the way. People would probably complain that Capcom didn't add enough stuff into the Ultimate disc to justify it. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.
Watching this is like the Furious 4 fiasco. People are going to whine no matter what.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
The earthquake didn't force them to finish an unfinished game to begin with. But people just dealt with that and had fun with what was there.

But then the earthquake didn't force them to re-release the game within the same calendar year either (nine months apart). This is despicable of them to try to use a tragedy as their excuse when it is clearly not the case.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
You know I have to ask what about people who don't have systems connected to online? if it was released for DLC then they would have alienated a part of community (not sticking up for their actions or excuses I don't care about this ultimate marvel vs capcom because I'm not surprised one bit (released god knows how many street fighter 2s 2 street fighter 4s with a track record like this it's not surprising this would happen))

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
DustyDrB said:
But then the earthquake didn't force them to re-release the game within the same calendar year either (nine months apart). This is despicable of them to try to use a tragedy as their excuse when it is clearly not the case.
Has any other japanese developer used this excuse yet?

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
Golem239 said:
You know I have to ask what about people who don't have systems connected to online? if it was released for DLC then they would have alienated a part of community (not sticking up for their actions or excuses I don't care about this ultimate marvel vs capcom because I'm not surprised one bit (released god knows how many street fighter 2s 4 street fighter 4s after they said said they was gonna be only one))
There have been only 2 SF4 re-releases.

squidbuddy99

Jun 29, 2009
First, let me say that I am deeply sorry for all the Japanese lives that were destroyed by the tsunami. I cannot say that I have ever felt that kind of pain, so I wish absolutely no insult on them.

That said, Capcom is full of crap. If the tsunami really did move back development, why not, you know, restart development? I highly doubt that every time Capcom went halfway into development a tsunami sent them back to square one. They might as well blame the fact that their headquarters was built over an ancient samuri burial ground, and the ghosts of the warriors keep them from finishing their games.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
Ninjamedic said:
Golem239 said:
You know I have to ask what about people who don't have systems connected to online? if it was released for DLC then they would have alienated a part of community (not sticking up for their actions or excuses I don't care about this ultimate marvel vs capcom because I'm not surprised one bit (released god knows how many street fighter 2s 4 street fighter 4s after they said said they was gonna be only one))
There have been only 2 SF4 re-releases.
Sorry about that fix it immediately

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Ninjamedic said:
DustyDrB said:
Has any other japanese developer used this excuse yet?
Has any other Japanese developer released an unfinished game and then re-released a version of it that isn't cross-compatible with the original only nine months later?

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
DustyDrB said:
Has any other Japanese developer released an unfinished game and then re-released a version of it that isn't cross-compatible with the original only nine months later?
So that's a no then?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
Ninjamedic said:
DustyDrB said:
So that's a no then?
And likewise?