Turns out Telltale's Walking Dead Season 2 will have you play as Clementine.

babinro

Sep 24, 2010
That's fine by me.

I am a little concerned that they won't strike lightning twice with a great story and as such the Clementine story will come across as weak compared to season one. But I'm perfectly fine with continuing her story until she dies or settles down. Given that it's a zombie apocalypse I doubt they'd give her a happy ending.

I'll pick up season 2 when it's fully completed though. I seem to remember the first season had a lot of problems when people picked it up right away.

Bertylicious

Apr 10, 2012
I WAS NOT AWARE OF THIS! WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED SOONER!?

This could well be amazing! TWD allowed us to find the daughter we have never had (or at least one that was much better than the one/s we already have) and TWD2 will allow us to find the mother/father we always wanted!

Then something horrible will happen that will make me cry!

I am profoundly optomistic and feel this will be like turbo-christmas with a happy ending.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Chairman Miaow said:
Clementine.... Black?
Umm... yeah?

What ethnicity did you think she was?

Granted, she's not particularly dark skinned. You wouldn't mistake her for a Nigerian immigrant any time soon, but she's definitely black.

Terminate421

Jul 21, 2010
delta4062 said:
Fuck that, I'd rather play as one of the guys from the 400 Days DLC.
I actually would have enjoyed having you pick from one of the characters from that game to play as the whole way. Then having them meet Clementine and help her out.

Easily I would have picked Vince.

Chairman Miaow

CBA to change avatar
Nov 18, 2009
Zhukov said:
Chairman Miaow said:
Clementine.... Black?
Umm... yeah?

What ethnicity did you think she was?

Granted, she's not particularly dark skinned. You wouldn't mistake her for a Nigerian immigrant any time soon, but she's definitely black.
Maybe it's just the cell shading but she always looked white to me.

Just did a bit of research and apparently there's a picture in game and her father is black and her mother is white or mixed race, huh. Not that it really matters of course, just a bit surprised.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Chairman Miaow said:
Clementine.... Black?
Eeehhh... yeah. She is.
I mean, its not a coincidence most people saw her as Lee's daughter.

OT: I have no problem with that. We have only seen some screenshots of the first episode, so its not so far fetched to consider that you could change the playable character later on. After all, in 400 days, you play as 6 different characters. My guess is that Clementine will run into the 400 days' characters, at which point, Tavia will become the main character.

BitterLemon

Jul 10, 2013
Full said:
The main worry I have is that the dialogue and fast decision-making won't feel as... natural? I guess. I was picking dialogue and choices for myself, really. What I would do or say, not what "Lee" would do, necessarily. He got shaped from what I did for him. Now I'm worried I'm going to think "What would Clementine do?" since she's already an established character technically.
That's my worry too. Most of the tension I had from the first season was how to take care of her, how much of her innocence to keep, how to explain the atrocities she saw. I'm a 28 years dude, I could relate to the ideia of having a kid and all. But now that I'm going to be the kid, I don't know how the decisions will be, since my judgement is from a adult mind. Guess some character dissonance will happen.

"Do I accept sweet from strangers?" HELL NO, CLEM! WHAT ARE YOU THINKI--? I mean, what am "I" thinking? :/

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Guitarmasterx7 said:
Zhukov said:
wombat_of_war said:
so here i am browsing the threads in the gaming section and someone decides to put in spoilers for season 2 of the walking dead in the title of their thread. thanks for that
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahaaaa... heheh... did you really juuaaAAHAHAHAhahahaheheheee. Hehhehe. Heh.

Ah dear me.

Y'know, I think the obsession with "spoilers" is a bit ridiculous at the best of times. But being told off for spoilers because I referred to the main pitch of the game? The information that is conveyed within every screenshot, every trailer, every sales blurb, every single bit of marketing. Information that would become apparent within a minute of playing the game. Information regarding an unreleased game that I have not played and have no access to and am thus literally incapable of spoiling.

That's just fucking hilarious.

Well shit, I guess I better not mention how the next Half Life game will probably have you play as this guy called Gordon Freeman, cause, y'know, that would be one hell of a spoiler.

Oh, did you know that Bioshock Infinite takes place on a flying city? Oh dear! Spoilers! Should I have put that in a tag?

Hey, did you hear about how Batman: Arkham Origins might just have Batman in... oh God, I'm so sorry, spoilers!
I mean to be fair, and not that I give a shit, but it spoiled that Clementine doesn't/cant die in the first game.
Because the main protagonist of the first season is doing fine.

jackinmydaniels

Jul 12, 2012
I like the idea of playing as Clementine, but without her being a full grown adult I'm not really sure how a lot of the stuff is going to work. I mean, most people wouldn't listen to a kid's input during a zombie apocalypse type situation, whether it's wrong or right. And how are action sequences going to work? Little Clem might be able to shoot a gun, but going against a human or two in a bare knuckle brawl like we had a few of in season 1 would end in her getting pounded to a pulp.

All in all I'm glad to play as Clem, but skeptical as to how exactly it's going to work.