Turtonator Revealed for Pokemon Sun and Moon

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Turtonator Revealed for Pokemon Sun and Moon

Turtonator will probably be back.

We have met quite a few of the new Pokemon making their way to Pokemon Sun and Moon, including "Alolan variants" of classic monsters like Meowth, and Marowak [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168070-Pokemon-Sun-and-Moon-Features-a-New-Take-on-Classic-Pokemon#&gid=gallery_6369&pid=1].

In a new trailer yesterday, fans were introduced to a new creature - Turtonator. Turtonator, the Blast Turtle Pokemon, is a Fire/Dragon. As the awesome name suggests, Turtonator is a turtle-looking creature that can make things blow up. Its shell is covered in a layer of explosive material. According to the accompanying press release, whenever anything strikes Turtonator, sparks fly from the horns on its shell (horns on its shell!), igniting the explosive layer and causing an explosion.

The press release further detailed the new badass. Check it out:

"Turtonator can learn the exclusive move Shell Trap. With this move, the Pokemon lays a trap for the opponent at the start of the turn. If Turtonator is hit by an opponent's physical attack during that turn, the trap triggers an explosion resulting in huge damage to the opponent."

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
So basically Turtonator evolved some sort of electric reactive armour [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactive_armour#Electric_reactive_armour] all by itself? Neat.

Also, that Shell Trap move sounds like pure hell for any Nuzlocke run. Especially if any Pokemon that'll be able to use that has a decent speed stat.

AndrlCh

Jun 9, 2013
Dragon turtle? Fire type? He's a Lava Turtle! I will catch one and name him Donovan.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Cowabungaa said:
So basically Turtonator evolved some sort of electric reactive armour [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactive_armour#Electric_reactive_armour] all by itself? Neat.

Also, that Shell Trap move sounds like pure hell for any Nuzlocke run. Especially if any Pokemon that'll be able to use that has a decent speed stat.
I'd assume it's a priority move?

OT: Neat, face is weird.

crimsonspear4D

Sep 26, 2009
AndrlCh said:
Dragon turtle? Fire type? He's a Lava Turtle! I will catch one and name him Donovan.
It would've been better if he was an evolution of some kind to Torkoal. I mean he's already there.

EyeReaper

Aug 17, 2011
All I'm saying is, he better be able to learn fly.

Between Exeggutor, this muppet-ass bowser guy, and that other one with the crazy neck, I think this'll be the first pokemon game that'll have at least one dragon on my main team. Never thought I'd see the day

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
I like it. Sure, it won't top my favorite Pokemon of the same typing, Reshiram, but it will definitely be on my team in Sun and Moon.