TV series you always have to rewatch

Aug 19, 2010
I'm working my way through as many sci-fi series as possible, but i have a "cycle" set up:
New series, stargate atlantis, firefly, new series, SGA, firefly, new series SGA firefly... repeat repeat.

thing is, I'm just can't get bored of atlantis and firefly. The "new series" in between refreshens me sufficiently to enjoy those two over and over again.

TIMESWORDSMAN

Wishes he had fewer cap letters.
Mar 7, 2008
TOP GEAR! I never get tired of Top Gear. I watch every new season as it develops, and I not a week goes by where I don't end up watching and episode, new or old. It's also useful:

Stressful day? Top Gear.
Family Night? Top Gear.
Bored? Top Gear.
Waiting for the mail? Top Gear
Lost in space? Top Gear.

It's the show that keeps on giving.

JagermanXcell

Oct 1, 2012
That 70s Show always deserves a rewatch, mostly for Kelso, always for Kelso... Kelso

Once every year I also go back and revisit Gurren Lagann, a long with Avatar TLA, Justice League, Baccano, and Scrubs.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Dilbert- Based off of the comic strip and picked up by Larry David it can be pretty much described as "Curb your Enthusiasm the Animated Series". It's on Netflix.

Code Monkeys- AKA the only good show in G4. Best I put up a couple of clips to describe it.

Again, available on Netflix.

The Critic- Best leave Moviebob to show you this-http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/the-big-picture/7011-Ninetiestalgia-Stinks Sadly, not available on Netflix.

Mr_Universal

Jun 29, 2009
Firefly

Band of Brothers

The Pacific

Dilbert

Drawn Together

Archer

Generation Kill

And it goes on and on....

Blunderboy

Apr 26, 2011
Leemaster777 said:
Justice League and Justice League Unlimited. I rewatch those series every once in awhile. In fact, no lie, I'm watching it right now. The episode is Question Authority, the first episode in the 4-part season1 finale.
I love that episode. Hell I just love Question.

OT - Well I've watched Burn Notice a few times. As well as Spaced. Black Books. Father Ted. Firefly.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Binnsyboy said:
There are lots of incredible TV series. Brilliant ones. But only the rare few bring us back for second, third or indefinite helpings. Especially with yet more gems being produced every year. Yet more "must watch" TV and only so much time.

So what's a series that frequently brings you back for a full go around? For me, it's Avatar: The Legend of Aang (and Korra). It's such a well done, well developed adventure, with animation that has the fluidity of western animation and the gorgeous detail and angles of Japanese animation. I've gone through this series start to finish once a year every year since 2011, and I don't intend to stop any time soon. It's amazing how many other series I go back to thinking "I'll watch this start to finish" or how many new series I try to binge to completion only to get sidetracked by other things. But Avatar seems to be the thing I never lose interest in.
Avatar for me as well but only The Last Airbender. I really don't like The Legend of Korra, I dislike most of the characters, hate others (Mako can just fuck right off) and of the two I like (Lin and Tenzin) I don't like them as much as the old characters and only liking two is not enough of a reason to keep watching.

Plus it feels like the fight sceanes are alot smaller compared to TLA. Many of the characters seem to be unable to match the kind of skill the old characters could yet they are ment to be older than they were at the time of TLA. Hell Korra is ment to be a master of 3 elements yet she seems to get her arse handed to her every fight.

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
I'm not going to list all of my favs (i'd have to list my entire anime collection on top of the live action stuff). Instead, I'll just say Archer. It just makes laugh every time I watch without fail.

Varrdy

Feb 25, 2010
Red Dwarf - it has been as much a part of my life as beer and oxygen. I try to watch it very sparingly as I am well aware that there can be too much of a good thing. I've been watching it over 20 years now (Christ I feel old!) and so long as I avoid everything after Red Dwarf 7, it's all good.

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Colour Scientist said:
Father Ted.
It never gets old.
Ha, spider baby.

David Tennant's stay as Doctor Who, especially season 2 and 3.
I don't want to admit how many times I've watched those episodes.

Also, for some reason, I always end up watching episodes of Friends if I ever sit in front of the tv while I'm eating dinner or something. I've seen every episode multiple times but I rarely turn it off.
Oh god, I grew up with Friends. it's to the point where Friends could be my personal topic if I ever went on Mastermind.

And I agree with the David Tennant remark, too. His second season was THE best season to me. Dat Master. I often rewatch it. I remember a couple of years ago, there was a period of about a week or so where every night I watched the finale three parter into the wee hours of the morning. I stopped when falling asleep in class became a huge issue.
Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
[i/]Community[/i]

I'm on my fourth time through and I still love the hell out of it.

Having attended a community college for the last half decade, I was hooked from the opening speech the dean gives. I know every character in Season 1 in some way.

By Season 2, it was less that I felt a kinship and more just enjoying the lunacy and incredible casting/acting/writing.

I'm even one of those weird fuckers that enjoyed the hell out of Season 4. Yeah, it was dumb and had some of the worst episodes, but it was still damn funny for the most part. Especially the Doctor Who parodies and the subsequent American version. I also liked that there was actual character development in a few of the S4 episodes.
Oh yes, season 4 wasn't bad in the grand scheme of things. It was just a ways down from specifically Community's overall quality. As Chevvy Chase has left, I'm not sure how much Jeff could possibly feature and that Troy is only going to be in 5 episodes, I'm quite worried about season 5.

In any case, the results of this thread make me weep for people who "just don't watch very much TV". TV is brilliant.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Babylon 5 because it had a plan
The wire as it always drew me in
Fullmetal alchemist a story of tragedy

cathou

Souris la vie est un fromage
Apr 6, 2009
usually, every year or two i Watch the entire Stargate cycle (first movie, 10 seasons of SG-1, ark of truth, continuum, 5 season of atlantis and 2 season of universe) which usually take a few months to watch.

i also watch all the futurama every year

and for some reason i'm not able to stop watching a french series call Kaamelott. it's an humoristic serie about king Arthur and the knight of the round table. each episode is about 5 minutes long, and there's 100 in one season, for 6 seasons. i have them on my cell phone, on my laptop and my computer and whenever i'm bored, i watch them.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Sabrina the Teenage Witch... MJH 4ver.
My Name is Earl
Raising Hope
Prison Break
That 70's Show
Married: With Children
Seinfeld
Futurama (every damn season)
Family Guy
American Dad
The Cleveland Show
Robot Chicken
Venture Bros.
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Space Ghost: Coast to Coast
Sealab 2021
Brak Show
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Bleach (which takes for fucking ever)
ALF
I'll stop there but I could make a TV channel of my own and just play those in blocks of 3 episodes each, rotating and sequential.

ffs-dontcare

Aug 13, 2009
For me, I tend to watch and then re-watch various seasons of Power Rangers as well as Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger. I'm not really a fan of the past Super Sentai series, but oh man, it doesn't detract from how amazing Gokaiger is.

More occasionally, Stargate SG-1, Scrubs, Boston Legal and the UK episodes of Kitchen Nightmares.

Adept Mechanicus

Oct 14, 2012
Oddly enough, they're all British shows. Black Books, QI, and The Thick of It spring to mind. Although, The Thick of It is more because understanding the jokes through the rapid delivery and intentionally low sound quality can be difficult. There's also a precious few Doctor Who episodes. The Empty Child is the best piece of television I have ever seen, but I don't want to watch it too many times because it starts to lose its effect. Although

Tohru_Readman

Sep 14, 2009
There are actually a lot of show that I rewatch, so here is a list.

-30 Rock
-Archer
-Arrested Development
-Avatar the Last Airbender (Still to watch Legend of Korro)
-Azumanga Daioh
-Black Books
-Blackadder
-Cowboy Bebop
-Daria
-Doctor Who (Apart from some of the specials)
-Father Ted
-Futurama (Series 1-4 Only)
-Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone series 1-2
-IT Crowd
-Monk
-Office (American Version)
-Parks and Recreation
-Spaced
-Star Trek (Original Series, Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and most of Voyager after series 3)
-Still Game
-The Thick of It
-Trigun

Sure I have missed a few but that's the majority.