TV shows that only you remember.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Cliff_m85 said:
Angry Beavers. And it'll never come out on DVD. :(
Le gasp! Why?!? I loved that show... ='(

Chiddy said:
Some weird robot beating other robot show, it was like a tournament, was heaps cool but never seen it on tv again, it was on about 7 years ago
Robot Wars?

Mine was something to do with giant robots with people inside them, fighting in an arena with different rules (deathmatches, Races Etc) - It was all CGI'd and in my opinion it rocked...I cant remember the name tho - It was on Fox Kids (UK)...about...6/7 years ago.

EDIT - HEAVY GEAR - Found it!!!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_Gear - It was pure win.

neuromantic

May 4, 2009
Itsmyship said:
Space Ghost. My absolute favorite though was Hey Arnold.
Anyone remember Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Yeah I remember Are You Afraid of the Dark? - used to proper scare me, that did!

neuromantic

May 4, 2009
Oh god, who here remembers the Biker Mice from Mars?

And heres one for all you english kids - BERNARD'S WATCH.

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
scotth266 said:
This [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.110454?page=1] thread has a lot of intros in it from forgotten shows that I love.

Jester Lord said:
Megas XLR (think that was the name)

One of my friends made a brilliant Stepmania chart for that intro song...

Pirates Of Dark Water has already been mentioned, but that show was a blast. Samurai Jack was also very good, though it was a very artsy cartoon, when it got down to the action sequences it was badass.
I can't get the video to work.

Cliff_m85

Feb 6, 2009
Insanum said:
Cliff_m85 said:
Angry Beavers. And it'll never come out on DVD. :(
Le gasp! Why?!? I loved that show... ='(

Chiddy said:
Some weird robot beating other robot show, it was like a tournament, was heaps cool but never seen it on tv again, it was on about 7 years ago
Robot Wars?

Mine was something to do with giant robots with people inside them, fighting in an arena with different rules (deathmatches, Races Etc) - It was all CGI'd and in my opinion it rocked...I cant remember the name tho - It was on Fox Kids (UK)...about...6/7 years ago.
The last unaired episode was a massive slam towards Nick studios for playing too many repeats and not paying the artists enough, leading to Daggit and Norbert stating that they were actually cartoon characters on a show and that they were being cancelled. You can find the audio through wikipedia.

Zero-Vash

Apr 1, 2009
AboveUp said:
That being said, SWAT Kats is still one of the most awesome shows out there. I rewatched the first season half a year ago and its still brilliant to this day.
It still comes on Boomerang if you have it.

A random person said:
Kaboom was just great, especially Action League Now!
Meltman, with the power to...melt!
Ok, it's not that obscure, but I haven't seen it mentioned very much at all.

Also, does anyone here remember Time Squad?
Wasn't it called Kablam? or something like that... Regardless that show was amazing.

As for my show me and one of my friends are the only ones who remember Freakazoid.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Jester Lord said:
For some reason, it doesn't want to play on The Escapist. Just click it: it'll open up a new window and play it automatically.

EDIT: Or just click this link. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNu6_dxWbNo&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eescapistmagazine%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fread%2F18%2E124328%3Fpage%3D2%232556654&feature=player_embedded]

Huey1000

Oct 14, 2008
Am I the only one who used to watch Thunderbirds every sunday?... I mean, I know it was a while back, but how could I forget Lady Penelope shooting at those twats who were stealing FAB1?!

hashinta

Oct 18, 2008
darthmath said:
okay so here is another great one that i recall vaguely. sorry for all of the separate posts by the way.

this was not a cartoon and i do not remember the name. it was a superhero show and i was about a guy who ether dressed up or transformed into an ant like creature and i think he was from another planet. he came to earth and got taken in by another family. I'm not entirely sure what network aired this but it may have been WB. now if only i had a name...
your talking about masked rider. its an american version of a long running japanese series called Kamen Rider.

Sigel

Jul 6, 2009
historybuff said:
David the Gnome.
OMG!! 'O' I LOVED that show. Other people have no freaking clue what I am talking about though.
Other shows include:
Monster Squad
2 Stupid Dogs-"Isn't that cute, BUT IT"S WRONG!!"
Pirates of Dark Water
Rude Dog and the Dweebs

Beffudled Sheep

Jan 23, 2009
Country
Texas
scotth266 said:
Jester Lord said:
For some reason, it doesn't want to play on The Escapist. Just click it: it'll open up a new window and play it automatically.

EDIT: Or just click this link. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNu6_dxWbNo&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eescapistmagazine%2Ecom%2Fforums%2Fread%2F18%2E124328%3Fpage%3D2%232556654&feature=player_embedded]
I did. Just thought that I'd inform you.

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
Itsmyship said:
Space Ghost. My absolute favorite though was Hey Arnold.
Anyone remember Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Remember it, are you kidding? For at least a good two years that was my favorite show without me realizing it.

Cliff_m85 said:
The last unaired episode was a massive slam towards Nick studios for playing too many repeats and not paying the artists enough, leading to Daggit and Norbert stating that they were actually cartoon characters on a show and that they were being cancelled. You can find the audio through wikipedia.
I already did, that's how I know about it-- in fact I kept the MP3 on my hard drive for a good six months or so.

Summerstorm

Elite Member
Sep 19, 2008
Space Rangers... (it had a real cool intro)

Also Galaxy Rangers is one of my favourites... you are not alone. (Ah well, Saber Rider was better)

historybuff

Feb 15, 2009
Sigel said:
historybuff said:
David the Gnome.
OMG!! 'O' I LOVED that show. Other people have no freaking clue what I am talking about though.
Other shows include:
Monster Squad
2 Stupid Dogs-"Isn't that cute, BUT IT"S WRONG!!"
Pirates of Dark Water
Rude Dog and the Dweebs
Oh, man, for real! That's awesome! I've never found anyone else who's seen that! Yay! I send a high-five across the internet.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
AboveUp said:
Joshimodo said:
Bucky 'O Hare.
HOLY SHIT THIS BROUGHT BACK MEMORIES!
Sorry for the caps there. I used to love that show. Especially the duck with multiple arms who enjoyed shooting down the bad guys a bit too much.
Glad to clear the cobwebs, haha.

Yeah, that duck was a little psychotic, but hey-It was awesome.