Twilight (Movie Review)

Maet

The Altoid Duke
Jul 31, 2008
thedrop2zer0 said:
I'm a little confused why the OP refers to Edward as wimpy. In my opinion, having the strength and ability to rip people to a bloody pulp, but choosing not to do it out of a sense of compassion, or disgust at being a monster, is much more interesting than the typical vampire story.
On top of what The Sorrow said, most of us well traveled in the whole "vampire mythology" have already seen that story much more deftly executed in any given episode of Angel (aka: vampire with a soul).

But here's the kicker: there's no real reason for this sense of compassion (or no adequately conveyed reason), much like there's no real reason for his ability to read minds, or any of the other abilities apparently common in these vampires...

Edward: I don't drink human blood because I'm compassionate and conflicted.
Bella: Why?
Edward: I 'unno. Just because, I suppose...

Oafman said:
A big thanks thanks to the OP for their reveiw, as it was a very well written and entertaing review, but mainly because of it I am no longer being dragged to the cinema to see it.
Thanks for the compliment. You're very welcome. :)

And for the record, the Harry Potter films really fizzled with #5. #1 was a rocky start, #2 and #3 were very good, and #4 wobbled a bit. But that's just my take on those films.

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Am I the only girl who hasn't read it?
I feel like I'm missing out on something. I suppose the drastic change in the representation of vampires is what made it so popular in the first place.

MercenaryCanary

Mar 24, 2008
I'm glad that Twilight came out.
You know why?
Because now we have two things to compare and contrast.
The book I Am Legend with one its film adaptions "The Last Man on Earth"
vs.
The book Twilight with its film adaption "Twilight"

We can tell that one of them wins because who can forget this memorable quote "FREAKS! YOU'RE ALL FREAKS!" after a main protagonist got impaled? Now lets compare that with the glittery vampires...

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
a7r0p05 said:
Everyone here is wrong, Twilight is not the worst movie adaptation of a book...
...Eragon is.
We're not bashing the adaptation, were bashing the book, the movie, the adaptation, the fanbase... basically, everything.

Eragon is (at least in my opinion) a pretty enjoyable series, even if the movie butchered the shit out of it's shit, then used that shit to make a movie.

BasicMojo

Mar 27, 2008
a7r0p05 said:
Everyone here is wrong, Twilight is not the worst movie adaptation of a book...
...Eragon is.
...damn you, now I have to change my review.

dalek sec said:
Just wondering here but how flowerly is the writing in this story? I've heard a ton of insults about it but have never seen any examples of it.
PREPARE TO BE AMAZED!

He lay perfectly still in the grass, his shirt open over his sculpted, incandescent chest, his scintillating arms bare. His glistening, pale lavender lids were shut, though of course he didn?t sleep. A perfect statue, carved in some unknown stone, smooth like marble, glittering like crystal.
It's horrifying.

I actually posted a rant about the books and the movie not terribly long ago, and got nothing but agreement...even people who liked the books agreed that the movie was a shit sandwich with a side of urine. I have to say, though, I'm very impressed with those people who were able to stomach more than even the first few pages of the book. I had to put it down.