Twitch IRL Lets You Stream Your Trips to The Grocery Store

Luminous_Umbra

Sep 25, 2011
You...you guys do realize that vlogs are already a thing, right? That this existed as a thing before this point and this is simply providing a specific platform for it?

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Luminous_Umbra said:
You...you guys do realize that vlogs are already a thing, right? That this existed as a thing before this point and this is simply providing a specific platform for it?
Difference is that normal VLogs are pre-recorded and, potentially, edited.
This is live.

jp201

Nov 24, 2009
BiH-Kira said:
Why would I ever want to watch random people live their regular boring lives? Who does that?
Are they trying to get the reality TV audience to twitch?
People watch twitch streamers because they are entertaining and/or pro at the game they play. Sometimes the game is secondary as people would watch that streamer anyway because they enjoy watching them and being with that community.

Kajin said:
Sounds like a great way to get robbed.
This already happened with a pokemon go stream on twitch

OreoDoublestuff

Nov 18, 2009
Adam Jensen said:
This will not end well. Some psychopath will use this feature to livestream his own shooting spree. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. It took me less than a second to come to this conclusion. How the fuck did they not think of this?
Out of curiosity, what would be stopping them now? i mean, if one was to be committed to the ending of lives, possibly the most illegal thing since laws were made, i highly doubt the Twitch TOS would pose much of a barrier to livestreaming their madness.

byte4554_v1legacy

Feb 23, 2010
You guys do realize that Periscope and FB/IG live are all things, right? A fair amount of youtubers and the like already have some mundane livestreams. This isn't anything new, just Twitch throwing their hat into the ring.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
OreoDoublestuff said:
Out of curiosity, what would be stopping them now? i mean, if one was to be committed to the ending of lives, possibly the most illegal thing since laws were made, i highly doubt the Twitch TOS would pose much of a barrier to livestreaming their madness.
Because now Twitch is creating an audience for IRL stuff. Crazies like to have an audience.

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
Mobile vlogging isn't new, stop acting like this is guaranteed to cause problems in some special and unique way. You all sound like a bunch of idiots.

Max Dochnal

Dec 11, 2016
I wanna do this! I want to stream myself doing weird stuff outdoors and do things that my viewers suggest. I like hugging strangers (I got a free hugs sign), high fiving people on the street, doing pushups, whatever comes to mind.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Kyogissun said:
Mobile vlogging isn't new, stop acting like this is guaranteed to cause problems in some special and unique way. You all sound like a bunch of idiots.
VLogging to a live audience is.

Kyogissun

Notably Neutral
Jan 12, 2010
Bindal said:
Kyogissun said:
VLogging to a live audience is.
Vlogging to a live audience isn't new. Even before Periscope blew up, there were select places that could support it.