Twitter Clarifies Rules on Harassment And Deleted Accounts

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
themutantlizard said:
Zontar said:
They can claim it all they want, but we've long passed the point anyone who isn't hopelessly naive isn't aware of the fact it's purely politics that determine whether you're going to get banned. If you're in disagreement with a specific ideology, you'll be banned point blank, while being in agreement with it will allow you to threaten people all day long without fear. The only shocking thing about it seems to be the literalist interpretation of Islam seem to be included in the group that can get away with everything.

I actually have to wonder how a site like Twitter got popular in the first place. Even ignore the fact it has become a cancer of the internet, even before that happened I'm genuinely curious how its interface managed to make it popular.
I have a feeling if there was some kind of anti Islam rebel group recruiting on Twitter the hypocrites would ban them immediately fucking pigs
Oh come on, please at least stick to reality for judging the horrible free speech apocalypse of multi-factor verification, and a moderation policy update, on a private site with no obligation to host you.

There's plenty of your *edit* preferred stripe of bigot on Twitter too, racists, xenophobes, misogynists, and people who just hate muslims (Though half the time they seem to be the first three as well) alongside the bigots at IS.

The sad thing was, that Anonymous ended up going after the IS twitter presence first. That's fucking pathetic Twitter.

Strazdas said:
discussing moderation is against this forums rules. Everything was done "by the book".
I think it's more likely that he got it because he full on insulted the mods, and lied about how they do their job.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Callate said:
I wonder how they're defining "self-harm"? I mean, "I plan to shoot myself" or "I cut myself until the pain stops" seem pretty obvious, but what about a pattern of binge-drinking? There are a thousand and one stories of Facebook posts along those lines getting people in trouble; I don't doubt there are similar stories originating from Twitter.

Twitter may be setting itself up to fail. Either they're contemplating some sort of bot network that's likely to get a ton of false positives, or they're looking at an army of soon-to-be-burned out mods.
More or less...

The irony is that the phrase has actually been used in Twitter.

Anyways, this rhetoric doesn't go beyond being amusing. I stopped finding actual "self-harm" tweets amusing long time ago...

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
themutantlizard said:
sheppie said:
themutantlizard said:
These people are not racist they are fighting against an evil religious ideology have you ever read Sam Harris's books ? What the swedes are doing is the right thing they are fighting for thier freedom against an invasion trying to push Islamic ideology on the world
Uhm, you basically just said that trying to burn people in their homes for being Muslims, is a good thing and 'fighting for your freedom'.

Seriously, reconsider....
If they support sharia law they should either be deported or killed have you heard about the no go zones in cities in Europe this was before the migrant crisis too are you willfully blind?
I remember that, I also remember where that claim came from and how it was basically pulled out of Robert Emerson's ass. The man claimed that the entire city of Birmingham in England was a Muslim no-go zone, as well as claiming that dearborn Michigan had instated sharia law, which also turned out to be completely false.

So false, that he ended up retracting his statements and apologizing as well as prompting two separate on-air retractions and apologies from the Fox News shows he had appeared on.

Since that retraction and apology, there has been no concrete evidence for the existence of "no-go zones" in either Europe or the U.S., there are areas with high Muslim populations and reports of crimes committed in those areas that are motivated by attempts to enforce religious law, but police still go into those areas and enforce European or American law, they are still treated as crimes and arrested accordingly. Snopes has a history of where the concept came from, as well as its subsequent debunking and retraction.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Loonyyy said:
Strazdas said:
discussing moderation is against this forums rules. Everything was done "by the book".
I think it's more likely that he got it because he full on insulted the mods, and lied about how they do their job.
so saying that moderators and site owners can do what they want on their own site is an insult to the mods? how is your post to themutantlizard different then? you did tell him they can ban him for whatever they want as well.

CaitSeith said:
Anyways, this rhetoric doesn't go beyond being amusing. I stopped finding actual "self-harm" tweets amusing long time ago...
wait, people still think that "go kill yourself" memes are actual self-harm encouragement? talk about lack of perspective....

sonicneedslovetoo

Jul 6, 2015
Twitter is good for two things, short announcements you need to reach out for people and getting in arguments with other people online because 140 characters isn't enough for a proper conversation. The best thing they could possibly do is ban anybody trying to have a conversation directly on twitter, I'm pretty sure that would clear up so much shit its not even funny.

beddo

Dec 12, 2007
themutantlizard said:
Still if you support sharia law you should be deported or shot dead Muslims who are openly against sharia can stay am I right also can you provide a link to where you read that article?
I see this as a violently racist opinion, I consider it hate speech. If you are American then surely you believe that everyone has the right to free expression and the right to practice their religion. Suggesting that someone should be murdered because of their religion, and yes supporting Sharia law is a religious view, is horrific. You're basically calling for a genocide because you are scared of something you don't believe.

What is it about Sharia law that you are afraid of? A lot of it is just to handle disputes and things, not too different to any other religion. You mention that there are no-go areas in Europe but they don't exist. The idea seems to have come from a Fox News programme which had a guest that said that the city of Birmingham was a no-go area for non-muslims - this is completely false! Fox News put out an on-air apology over the claim. [link]http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/jan/18/fox-news-apologises-terror-pundit-birmingham-muslim-comments[/link].

Please don't come to these forums with ignorance, hatred and bigotry.