"Two and A Half Men" star attacks show, asks everyone not to watch it. Calls it "Filth"

Dr. Doomsduck

Nov 24, 2011
SaneAmongInsane said:
Strazdas said:
Marter said:
"Let's criticize the show that pays me $300,000 per episode. That'll be a smart move in my life.

Gimme a break. If it's that bad, and it's against your religion and it's filth and you hate it so much, quit.

His character is basically being written off anyway, so perhaps that's what the plan is.
thats the thing. he cant quit. he signed a contract that holds him there even if he hates it. if he decides to quit he will be in debt so large his grandchildren will be paying the studio.
He could start phoning in his performances, pretend to be on drugs. They let Charlie go, why not follow example.
Maybe that's exactly what he's he doing with his new religious nutjob persona. Maybe he just went "Well, I can't do drugs, Sheen already did that. So what else? Oh! I know, let's go all TV-is-the-devil on 'em!"

At least, I hope he is. People who actually say these kinds of things always freak me the hell out.

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
remember that law that says politics and religion must never touch? i think we should apply that the the entertainment industry as well. if what you work for doesn't see the world with the same spiritual binoculars(bad example) as you. quite.
if you don't like the show quite. if you're gonna stick there and let them pay you $300,000 per episode. you have no right to complain. i can under stand if you don't like it but then do something, don't just sit there on the cough telling us everything you have done since 2003 is filth and stupid.

i just wanna know. Angus is clearly really religious. How did that work out when he worked side by side with charlie sheen? ..... actually. that would be a good show "the pimp & the priest" . didn't learn anything from "uncle Charlie" ?

"Angus T. Jones, the 19-year-old actor who has played the "Half" man..."

false. Angus has grown so much John Cryer is now the half man

DalekJaas

Dec 3, 2008
Thought this might be interesting, but then it just turned out to be typical American religious nonsense

Smeatza

Dec 12, 2011
I never guessed this guy would turn out to be a crazy christian. Still, at least he's not a scientologist.

He's right, the show is crap, but mainly due to the fact it's not funny in any way shape or form.

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
SaneAmongInsane said:
ultrachicken said:
SaneAmongInsane said:
Strazdas said:
Marter said:
"Let's criticize the show that pays me $300,000 per episode. That'll be a smart move in my life.

Gimme a break. If it's that bad, and it's against your religion and it's filth and you hate it so much, quit.

His character is basically being written off anyway, so perhaps that's what the plan is.
thats the thing. he cant quit. he signed a contract that holds him there even if he hates it. if he decides to quit he will be in debt so large his grandchildren will be paying the studio.
He could start phoning in his performances, pretend to be on drugs. They let Charlie go, why not follow example.
Maybe he still wants a career. Also, I somehow doubt drugs will somehow sit well with his religious convictions.
PRETEND.

And, I doubt it would kill his career. Fucking Lindsay Lohan still has a career.
Hmm... how to put this as delicately as possible...

Lindsay Lohan has tits.

asap

Aug 10, 2012
If he killed himself that would send a huge message and many people would find out more.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
To be fair...the kid practically grew up around Charlie Sheen.

We're lucky this is all that's happened.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Marter said:

He just recently became religous so that's why he hasn't had issues about it in the past.

OT: I don't hate the show, but I doubt I would miss it if they stopped airing it.

Arkvoodle

Dec 4, 2008
The Bible also says "Give up your wealth to the poor and the needy, for true reward lies in the Kingdom of Heaven" (although that's paraphrased a bit).

I'm guessing that right after this high-and-mighty act he goes back to an eight-digit house with a six-digit car. The sanctimonious jerk.

He shall now be remembered as "Kirk Cameron 2.0."

Blood Brain Barrier

Nov 21, 2011
Strazdas said:
Marter said:

No he won't. He'll be in breach of contract and at worst liable to pay damages comprising a fraction of the money he's already earned from the job over the years - hardly the worst thing that can happen compared with his anticipated sentence of an eternity burning in hell for continuing with the sinful and blasphemous role.

j0frenzy

Dec 26, 2008
To my understanding of the story by having 24 hour news channels on while I try to get work done, the religion thing was fairly recent and after he signed his last contract, so he only recently decided that the show is filth.
And for everyone saying he should phone in his performances, yeah, how did that work out for Pattinson in 5 Twilight movies? He is still considered one of the worst actors in the business. Someone like Harrison Ford can recover from phoning in a performance because he had a career beforehand and could suffer one bad movie. I'm pretty certain a child actor who has one major show won't have a decent career without a lot of luck and work.
On the other hand, if this is actually the death knell for the show, yay? I don't despise the show, but it has gone on way longer than it should have.

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
Spoiled kid, he's gonna be another of those actors that just disappear from the media...

Milanezi

Mar 2, 2009
"I'm on 'Two and a Half Men,' and I don't want to be on it. Please stop watching it. Please stop filling your head with filth. Please. People say it's just entertainment ... do some research on the effects of television and your brain, and I promise you you'll have a decision to make when it comes to the television and especially with what you watch on television," he continued. "It's bad news. I don't know if it means anymore coming from me, but you might not have heard it otherwise."

Jones then references "the enemy's" deception, presumably meaning Satan, and assuring listeners that "there's no playing around when it comes to eternity."

He notes at one point in the video that he doesn't want to contribute "to the enemy's plan," and that people may view actors like himself and think, "Oh, I can be a Christian and be on a show like 'Two and a Half Men.' You can't. You can not be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that. I know I can't. I'm not OK with what I'm learning, what the Bible says, and being on that television show. You go all or nothing."

He's right there, but if he is SO fearful, he would also say something that is pretty obvious in the Bible: God matters the most, if to defend your faith you must give up the TV Show, owe a HUGE debt, and live poorly, than by all means do it, because eternal life is what matters most. So c'mon buddy, quit the show, that's one of many sacrifices you'll face if you're so faithful. Or let me just put MY opinion here: you don't really believe in any of it, you're not satisfied with the show because you KNOW you're to old to be any funny anymore, and the show isn't doing well anyway, you wanna get off the sinking boat (maybe you want out of TV business altogether, but something tells me you would get in another show for the right price...) and, just like "converted" inmates, your new-found faith "redeemed" you.
If this kid jumps off the TV BUSINESS AS A WHOLE because of his faith NO MATTER THE COST, than ok, I'll say I was wrong and he's really into his religion thing (oh, and go get honest work, good luck on that by the way), if not well, you're just another hypocritical jack ass.

Grant Stackhouse

Dec 31, 2011
I've never really liked actors. Something about them seems inclined toward drama, both on-screen and in real life. On-screen, it can be entertaining. In real life, it can get annoying. Calm, moderate thinking seems rare in that career field, so I am not surprised that one fairly benign sitcom can host the likes of both Charlie Sheen and this guy.

Unrelated to that minor rant: I just don't get why they have kept the show running for so long. The title isn't really accurate any more. It should be renamed "Three Men".

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
SaneAmongInsane said:
You can not be a true God-fearing person and be on a television show like that.
Aaand no sympathy.

If you fear your "benevolent" overlord, I have absolutely no sympathy for you. Why follow a religion that keeps it's grip on you by scaring you?

Ragsnstitches

Dec 2, 2009
I can't be the only one who thinks the drama outside of the show would make a better sitcom then the show itself.

A drug fuelled egotistical man whore,
An ex-MTV generation actor,
A religious drone,
And Allen.

Sounds good to me, full of sass, innuendo, "to close for comfort" humour and Allen. It could be a smash hit.

Grant Stackhouse said:
I've never really liked actors. Something about them seems inclined toward drama, both on-screen and in real life. On-screen, it can be entertaining. In real life, it can get annoying. Calm, moderate thinking seems rare in that career field, so I am not surprised that one fairly benign sitcom can host the likes of both Charlie Sheen and this guy.

Unrelated to that minor rant: I just don't get why they have kept the show running for so long. The title isn't really accurate any more. It should be renamed "Three Men".
I think it could be inferred that Allan is the "half man" since even jake is more successful at life then him.

surg3n

May 16, 2011
Wow, they still make 2.5 Men? - I thought Ashton Cockshure ruined that within 1 series.

Really, I hate 2.5 Men, it's only saving grace was Charlie Sheen, without him it's just another mindless US shitcom.

Reaaaaallly missing Breaking Bad right now - Fringe is declining at a rapid rate, in fact Fringe is getting worse at the same rate that Walking Dead is getting awesome. I know these aren't comedies, but they're about the only US shows I care about.