Two conservative political operatives charged with misleading voter robocalls

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Why does this disproportionately happen so often with the Republican Party?

Two conservative political operatives known for smearing political opponents with transparently false accusations were charged with felonies by the state of Michigan on Thursday, accused of trying to intimidate voters with false robocalls about mail-in voting.

The operatives, Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman, each face four felony charges of bribing or intimidating voters and using a computer to commit a crime. Each charge carries up to seven years in prison.

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel said in a news release that she communicated with the attorney general's offices in New York, California, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Illinois, all of which reported robocalls that they say intimidated voters.

The Associated Press reported that Wohl and Burkman were not in custody and that no date had been set for their arraignments.

The robocall falsely claimed that voting by mail would put voters into a database that would later "be used by credit card companies to collect outstanding debt" and force voters to "get mandatory vaccines."
You want to talk about a ploy? How about Trump announcing that he has Covid and this story (as many others) being buried?

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
The means do not figure in the pursuit of their ends. They only matter when there's a chance to smear their opponents for doing not even a fraction of the same.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
This is actually proving my point about how Trump's covid 19 diagnosis will overshoot everything.

The first election tampering/intimidation of this election and it's not getting anywhere near the focus on Trump. If this is a applicable microcosm of the world right now, this is exactly the time to do some dirt. Because even if you get caught, CNN, MSNBC, and FOX big and bold headlines will continually be just about Trump.

lil devils x

šŸMore Lego Goats Please!šŸ
Legacy
May 1, 2020
Country
šŸUSAšŸ
I actually received a letter from Trump months ago asking for a campaign contribution.. Like seriously. I think his campaign may just be sending out letters to everyone in wealthy GOP regions. It was right around the time of my surgery so I was too medicated to even be irritated with it at the time. XD