Two men hugging means they're gay?

OuroborosChoked

Aug 20, 2008
I think it all really comes down to how long, close, and "touchy" the hug is... and if there's any moaning.

...definitely if there's moaning.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
you kids today, why in my day everyone knew it was only gay if balls were touching, and we liked it that way

TheLaofKazi

Mar 20, 2010
Obviously yes. If two men hug that means they are romantically and sexually attracted to each other and want to engage in intercourse.

But seriously, there's this absurd stigma people place on male intimacy For some reason it's considered acceptable for girls to be close to each other, but not for guys.

frizzlebyte

Oct 20, 2008
Krychek08 said:
It's totally gay...if you're both naked.
I LOL'd.

OT: Of course it (clothes on hugging) isn't gay. Some people might be weirded out by it (including me, depends on the person), but if you are both comfortable doing it, I can't see why it's a problem.

This American puritanism-homophobia crap needs to die.

Just sayin'.

Xcelsior

Jun 3, 2009
Jeez I must be a raging homosexual as I hug my guy friends all the time, heck it's how we greet each other. I don't see anything wrong with hugging your bros.

MorsePacific

Nov 5, 2008
If hugging a male friend is gay, I'm perhaps the least straight man on Earth. I hug my friends for literally no reason and there's a lot of times when we would start group hugs in the middle of our classrooms.

Master Kuja

May 28, 2008
If hugging my male friends makes me gay, then boy am I flaaaaaaaming.

Nothing wrong with a good bromance, nothing whatsoever. There are so many times where I've up and hugged friends for absolutely no reason, or just because I've felt like a hug, doesn't make me gay. I'm still an entirely straight male, I just don't see why that should preclude me from being able to hug a close friend, regardless of gender.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
PureChaos said:
My friends are important to me and a hug with a close friend is great, especially as we have all moved away so don't get to see each other very often. Hell, when I was at uni I'd known my flatmates for 3 months but when we were back together in January there were a lot of reunion hugs.

now, one day a few years ago a friend mentioned it was their birthday coming up and said to me 'what you going to give me for my birthday' to which I replied 'I'll give you a hug'. his response was 'no thanks, I'm not gay' which I thought was stupid. I just this minute told that story to my mum and she pretty much agreed with my mates response.

what do you think? is one friend hugging another gay? or is it just friendly? Joey and Chandler do it all the time!
This is one of those weird male things where two guys can't shake hands with out being called fags but a girl can sleep with 4 other girls at once and she's only "Curious".

Questionably relevant story time...

Me and a few friends (2 girls and another guy) got in to the scenario where Girl A said she'd make out with girl B if I made out with guy C. Now I thought this was an awesome deal because girl A is like really really hot and girl B is an actual lesbian so I was on board.

But guy C was freaking out about it and saying stuff like "No way, you think I'm gay" and me saying "But Girl A is strait" and he says "But that's different, she's a girl"

So there's either a double standard or homophobia is exclusive to guys.

But I've never offered somebody a hug for their birthday, that's gay......

Watchmacallit

Jan 7, 2010
The fact that you said you would give it to him as a gift is pretty gay. Hugs are fine but its one of those things you don't say you're going to do, its unspoken.

Hugs are fine though, used by many eastern European cultures.

Jan 27, 2011
Depends on the hug.

It's only "gay" if you give a huge passionate hug and you hold it for like ten seconds.

Anything else should be 100% not a problem, and anyone who does have a problem with normal hugs for friends is just being insecure.

*I hug friends only if it will be a while if we'll see each other (long trip) or if some other event (winning lottery, suffering family death, etc) demands that the friend be shown comfort.*

HotKakes

Aug 2, 2008
As far as I can see it, everyone may have a different interpretation of actions based on their views of the subject. Personally, no, a hug from one male friend to another is not an act of homosexuality. However, I can understand the false assumption being that we're talking about the male opinion on what love or friendship is. For example, a male would never call his best friend his "boyfriend" though it is common for a female to be hanging out with her "girlfriends tonight". A hug is an action of some form of compassion whether it be to comfort or to share camaraderie. Unfortunately, societies are often raised with the certain mindset that male physical interaction should be respectfully limited to the handshake.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if we as men are under an instinctual fear of being too close to a male rival. Shaking hands can constitute a form of agreement and trust but also allows you the security of defending yourself if they might attack. A hug is more intimate while also making one more vulnerable to an attack. We also have to keep in mind that in the English language, "love" is an amorphous word that is often misconstrued as an ultimate form of affection.

I'm rambling. The act of a hug is not a form of sexuality, just like how a male to female hug nor female to female hug would be. It is simply an act of kinship that has been elaborated over the years as a sign of "love".

zarguhl

Oct 4, 2010
I thought I was straight but then one day I hugged a guy and next thing I knew I was having anal sex with men on the beach, snorting coke off their butts.

This is not a true story.

Arafiro

Mar 26, 2010
Not at all, I hug my straight male friends all the time but it's just a friend thing.

zarguhl said:
I thought I was straight but then one day I hugged a guy and next thing I knew I was having anal sex with men on the beach, snorting coke off their butts.

This is not a true story.
Doesn't sound so bad. ;)