Two Million Gamers Sign Up for CoD Elite Beta

Feb 13, 2008
Can we not call them gamers please? I'm sure there's a gamer or two in there, and they're nice chaps, but if all you are doing is buying the latest yearly FPS demo, and that's all you'll ever do, it's like calling us Ex-African.

Technically it's correct, as everyone is descended from the original African Woman, but it reduces the meaning of the phrase.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
All I can do is sit back in my chairs, fold my arms, put a pipe in my mouth and chuckle away.

I guess this means they have to put subscription fees into COD. Activision have already proved fans will go to any means to play the game.

Vykrel

Feb 26, 2009
........what the hell are they offering that doesnt come with the game? i seriously have not heard of anything yet

debossman21

Jun 7, 2011
i signed up just to see what its all about. but even if i like it, i wouldnt buy whatever extra stuff they add when its fully launched

AndyCobra

May 28, 2009
I signed up and I can't wait for MW3, cause I love COD games and I'm not afraid to said it

Magikarp

Jan 26, 2011
The Rookie Gamer said:
I admit, I signed up. I love free stuff. Have I alienated everyone now?
I did too. I think a lot of people are under the impression that we've already commited to paying for it. And half the people on this forum hate CoD.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
Everyone bitches about it, yet 2 million people show an interest in it?
It baffles me that people can be entertained by a game like Black Ops this long after its release, and this news about the beta baffles me further.

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
Top Hat said:
The Rookie Gamer said:
I admit, I signed up. I love free stuff. Have I alienated everyone now?
I did too. I think a lot of people are under the impression that we've already commited to paying for it. And half the people on this forum hate CoD.
I know. I'm willing to bet a fair portion of people who signed up aren't going to pay for the CoD elite, and just want to try out the multiplayer they're giving away. Also, it's not half who hate CoD, its more around 90%.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Number 6 said:
Sarge034 said:
Why are people paying for this? At least Bungie had the decency to make Waypoint free...
Its a Beta, its free.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of all the confirmation sources I found.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/713063/call-of-duty-elite-for-pay-call-of-duty-subscription-service-confirmed/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304563104576355310423496054.html

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1171511p1.html

Not once did I specify the beta. I was talking about the package as a whole.

Life_Is_A_Mess

Sep 10, 2009
Now that Activision knows what sells, be prepared for CoD realeases each year...

If the "Elite" things counts as a game that's the ninth games they'll be releasing.

I have a couple of fancy sentences that show my feelings for this game in the last two years:
"MW2, like MW1, with more guns!"
"Black Ops, USA rules! Oh noes, Kennedy called, he needs help defeating the evil nazi zombies!"
"MW3, now more modern AND shiny!"
"CoD Elite! Now with 50% more bullets and eyebrow waggling!"

Oh well, they do what's needed to appease the masses.
Sorry for the "hater" inconvenience.

/rambling

AsurasFinest

Oct 26, 2010
Ha, called it
Every person I know and people I hear when they walk by talk about this game
You really think people who play more than COD make up the sales of it? That gamers who post on forums are the reason it sells?
Thats why despite this horrible path COD is going down, people will still buy it

Because they don't care
Expect other companies to follow suit my friends, for truly thats what will happen
The best we can hope for is that companies will use lube before they start fucking us

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
GreatTeacherCAW said:
I don't even like CoD, but all I see here is "WAAAAHHHHHHHH I need to hate on something!" from the gamer community.

"Fuck this free thing. Does it track stats better? It does? Fuck. I hate that. I like things like rainbows, but only if they make my console/PC blow up because I love graphics from engines that were developed on NASA computers. Are you telling me I live with my mom? Fuck no! I killed her when DNF was released. It was such a fucking game. I was playing it, and then I blacked out and woke up in semen and blood. I fucking hate every video game ever made. I sure do hope they make more My Little Pony shows so I can feel better about my sad life."
The reason people are pissed off, is because CoD Elite is a subscription service for stuff which has been free since the beginning of FPS tracking, we've never had to pay for it before now and that's really fucking irritating. It also sets the precedent that if we're willing to accept this bollocks subscription fee so readily and in such large quantities other companies may copy Activision to get a slice of the pie, alongside Activision (being the money grubbing bastards they are) being quite likely to start withholding more services from other games unless we pay for it. THAT is why people are pissed off. Stop acting like people are just complaining for the sake of it, there's a very real problem here that needs to be addressed and told to fuck off.

Traun

Jan 31, 2009
Truth be told the package may be something good - regular map updates, new weapons and so forth stimulated by monthly subscriptions may turn out for the good.

That being said the number is suprising, I didn't expect it to go far beyond 1 mil.