Two New Pokemon Sun And Moon Pokemon Revealed

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Two New Pokemon Sun And Moon Pokemon Revealed

CoroCoro magazine has revealed two entirely new critters for the upcoming Pokemon Sun And Moon.

Azumarugao Kame [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/pokemon%20sun%20and%20moon?os=pokemon+sun+and+moon>Pokemon Sun And Moon is due out this November, but aside from the <a href=] has gotten his hands on an early edition of Japan's CoroCoro magazine, which reveals two new monsters. Check them out here:
[tweet t=https://twitter.com/azumarugao_kame/status/741444023060041728]

One of the creatures appears to be a Koala, while the other is a dog. We're hopeful to see some more Sun and Moon info revealed during Nintendo's E3 event, so stay tuned for that!

Pokemon Sun And Moon will be released on November 18 for the Nintendo 3DS.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Koala was something I was expecting from Sun and Moon.

Now if only we get to see a dolphin, toucan (unlikely) and a dark/ fairy Pokemon!

Also which breed is that dog Pokemon is based on?

spartandude

Nov 24, 2009
Koala and a puppy? I'm down for that adorableness. NOW FIGHT YOUR BRETHREN FORM MY AMUSEMENT!

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
About Koala: hopefully the last form looks like Earthshaker from DOTA2

About Dog: according to comments on Reddit, it is a Stone type.

Josh123914

They'll fix it by "Monday"
Nov 17, 2009
LOL at/vp/'s reaction. They've been making Koala-themed fakemon for a decade and are now pissed that its too cutesy.

All in all its looking way better than Gen 5 reveals so far, which is really a low bar to pass but still.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Still waiting on the new EEVEE, maybe more than one?

I'd love a Ghost or a Steel type.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Tanis said:

With the location, Bug and Rock would probably be possible.

Steel would be brilliant though. Titanieon!

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
Tanis said:

Eevee evolutions have come every two generations so far. Could be just a coincidence, but I wouldn't have my hopes up.

Besides that, I'm not in the mood for Eevee hype...wait, I'm never in the mood for Eevee hype.

OT: Neither of them are really my thing. The dog is pretty precious, and the Koala has an intriguing ability but neither of them are designs I'm going to latch onto.

Hoping for a coconut crab [http://15858-presscdn-0-65.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/default/files/images/crab10.JPG], seeing as they tend to turn up in Hawaii.

EDIT: The dog might be based on an akita puppy [http://www.pets4homes.co.uk/images/classifieds/2015/02/26/897093/large/akita-puppiesdogs-and-bitches-for-sale-5530f6525e20f.JPG].

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
Scarim Coral said:
Koala was something I was expecting from Sun and Moon.

Now if only we get to see a dolphin, toucan (unlikely) and a dark/ fairy Pokemon!

Looks like a mix. Kinda like my shar pei/beagle(RIP miss you girl) if you got rid of the wrinkles and made the tail fluffier.

I saw destructoid posted a topic about it with the origal trailer and artist renditions had it more of a Shiba inu.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Tanis said:

I would love to see them pull a Poison-, Flying-, Rock- or Ground-type Eeveelution out of the bag. Toxeon, Galeon, Shaleon and/or Tremoreon, perhaps?

Anyway, both look great and I love the puppy already. Hope he gets along well with the Litten I'm inevitably going to start the game with.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
Hard to tell. I tried searching for Hawaiian dog breeds, but there is only the extinct Poi Dog. Not many pictures besides some paintings and stuffed specimens. There is a SLIGHT resemblance, but not sure if close enough.

Other pictures I saw did not look like the Pokemon at all.

Otherwise, I dunno. Not many breeds from Hawaii or the Pacific Islands, and most breeds from Australia and New Zealand look nothing like this pup. Almost looks to me like a Pomeranian or Pom mix with less fur and the same colouration as my cat.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
For the translation: the koala is a Normal type, and its ability, because it's a koala, is that it's immune to all primary status effects except Sleep. The dog is a Rock type and its abilities are boring ones we've seen before so nobody cares.

What this newspost missed was this video.

Nintendo of NA screwed us over though, because they decided to cut out the japanese text in the original video, which shows us that the forme change is triggered by how low Zygarde's HP goes.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Gordon_4 said:
I hope that Koala pokemon evolves into something like a Drop Bear :p
I was thinking that, some sort of crazy eyed, razor fanged, face gouger!

Igor-Rowan

Apr 12, 2016
The Nekkoala is a normal type because it is directly based on the Koala, but why is Iwanko a Rock type?

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Scarim Coral said:
First that came to mind was a shiba inu.

I like how it looks so far, but then again, I worry about it losing its cuteness upon evolution, and not being very useful.

Lur-King

Sep 22, 2012
Tanis said:

Sun and Moon would make sense to revolve around Light and Dark, so with Umbreon already being a thing, as well as Fairy/Fire/Electric already taken for potential light candidates, it'll be curious to see if they do an eevee update this time.

snave

Nov 10, 2009
There'll be a kangaroo one for sure too. The page heavily hints at one island in the setting being modelled off Australia.

The remainder of the islands seem to include a not-quite-Hawaii.