Two officers Ambushed in patrol car in Compton and shot. Protester block hospital entrance and chant "We hope they die"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020

So this is where things are at now? Really

This is getting stupid. People don't hate individual police they hate the idea of Police so much so they want officers ambushed by a criminal to die just so there's less cops about and they're not going to block entrances and exits to emergency rooms in hospitals to try and stop medical staff doing their jobs? What the hell, seriously what the hell. Also it might have blocked one of the officers husbands who came to the hospital after the shooting too.....

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

So this is where things are at now? Really

This is getting stupid. People don't hate individual police they hate the idea of Police so much so they want officers ambushed by a criminal to die just so there's less cops about and they're not going to block entrances and exits to emergency rooms in hospitals to try and stop medical staff doing their jobs? What the hell, seriously what the hell. Also it might have blocked one of the officers husbands who came to the hospital after the shooting too.....
That is not right! I get your pain and hatred, but letting others die for something seperate not knowing the full picture does not help. You're only adding to the pain and being petty.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
I hope these officers are safe and out of danger. Cowardly acts are to be punished, and there's no provocation for anything like this. Unequivocally wrong and vile. I hope they make it.

That being said, I was looking for video of the chant. I didn't see it. As many people in this forum said in the past, I will wait for the video before passing judgment if this chanting aspect is true. Officers have lied too much before with evidence to back up that they were lying for me to take anything they say without proof any more.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
I'ma just throw this out there.

Cops are a paramilitary, occupation force that operates in and out of uniform and has zero regard for rules of engagement, transparency, accountability, or any substantive consequence for up to and including national-scale human rights violations and crimes against humanity. They're not a legitimate peacekeeping force, they're domestic terrorists with badges.

As far as I'm concerned, when the cops started taking off the badges and patches to kidnap people off the street without probable cause, kept tear gassing people in jurisdictions with tear gas bans, and started openly collaborating with violent right-wing extremists, they are and should be considered nothing less than terrorists. Fuck 'em, they're fair game and if this were a just country the National Guard should be in the streets gunning them down like the rabid, corrupt, neo-fascist animals they are for what they're doing, not standing with them.

When cops stop engaging in mass chemical warfare, bare minimum, then we can have a conversation about whether guerrilla warfare is an ethically justified resistance tactic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seanchaidh

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
I'ma just throw this out there.

Cops are a paramilitary, occupation force that operates in and out of uniform and has zero regard for rules of engagement, transparency, accountability, or any substantive consequence for up to and including national-scale human rights violations and crimes against humanity. They're not a legitimate peacekeeping force, they're domestic terrorists with badges.

As far as I'm concerned, when the cops started taking off the badges and patches to kidnap people off the street without probable cause, kept tear gassing people in jurisdictions with tear gas bans, and started openly collaborating with violent right-wing extremists, they are and should be considered nothing less than terrorists. Fuck 'em, they're fair game and if this were a just country the National Guard should be in the streets gunning them down like the rabid, corrupt, neo-fascist animals they are for what they're doing, not standing with them.

When cops stop engaging in mass chemical warfare, bare minimum, then we can have a conversation about whether guerrilla warfare is justified to resist police brutality.
I'ma just throw this out there: maybe a couple of random constables have nothing to do with any of that, and they're the victims of attempted murder.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
I'ma just throw this out there: maybe a couple of random constables have nothing to do with any of that, and they're the victims of attempted murder.
Do you know what the difference between uniformed combatants executing an operation in a defined AO, and chemical weapons deployment against civilians, is?

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Guys.

Let's pull back.

Get confirmation that this chanting even happened. And then have this discussion. Give the facts time to bare out. You both might be arguing over an idea that didn't even happen.

Reactions: Worgen

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Let's see here. Uniform, check. Line of duty, check. In an AO, check.

Not a war crime, unlike chemical weapons deployment.
Wow. The proper response to that is probably against site rules. All the same, wow.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
None of this would have happened if the movement were named "all lives matter"

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Wow. The proper response to that is probably against site rules. All the same, wow.
Which is funny, considering that when this shit was going on in Libya, Syria, Ukraine, Chechnya, and now Belarus, the US and its people were all about that "resist authoritarian rule by any means necessary" and "sponsors and executors of state terrorism are illegitimate by default" life. What changed?

Last edited:

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Do you know what the difference between uniformed combatants executing an operation in a defined AO, and chemical weapons deployment against civilians, is?
I'm not a big city war lawyer but I'm relatively certain there's shit in the Geneva Convention about how wounded soldiers are required to be treated. So even by your....loose definition of what war is, not allowing downed men to receive medical care is a war crime.

OT: This is sad but not exactly surprising. I've said in threads earlier that I feel like if cops don't get reigned in (either doing it themselves or with the government stepping in), there are going to be people who decide to take it upon themselves to "punish" cops. It's sad for basically all sides as all this is going to do is escalate the problem, not fix it as both sides are just going to dig in. Hopefully this doesn't escalate further than this (we've had this kind of thing happen before in the past if anyone remembers two years ago in Philadelphia when a cop was ambushed) but this is a brand new environment so it's hard to tell which way this might tip now.

Last edited:

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
Which is funny, considering that when this shit was going on in Libya, Syria, Ukraine, Chechnya, and now Belarus, the US and its people were all about that "resist authoritarian rule by any means necessary" and "sponsors and executors of state terrorism are illegitimate by default" life. What changed?
If you wanna talk big, go out and start doing your own dirty work, dude. Put your money where your mouth is. If we're in an active state of military rebellion, grab your rifle and have at it.

Terminal Blue

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 18, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
This is getting stupid. People don't hate individual police they hate the idea of Police so much so they want officers ambushed by a criminal to die just so there's less cops about and they're not going to block entrances and exits to emergency rooms in hospitals to try and stop medical staff doing their jobs?
Do we have any actual confirmation that this happened, or is it just cops?

Because cops lie. They lie a lot.

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
All that aside, the police are de jure entitled to exercise deadly force or use the means to subdue people in violation of the law as they have been appointed to the task by the federal or state authorities.
Being we live in a western liberal democracy, they're also de jure mandated to follow rules of engagement, proportionality, respect equal treatment and due process of law, and are bound to the same laws they're empowered to enforce. In other words, they're not above the law, and when they violate the law, they lose their authority and legitimacy. This is how western civilization nominally works outside the boundary of totalitarian dictatorship, and being we're discussing neither the Gestapo, NKVD, Stasi, OVRA, nor BPS, our context must be limited to the boundaries of western liberal democracy.

Police in the US are operating beyond legal constraint to violently suppress political speech (i.e. protest against police brutality). That doesn't make them law enforcement officers, that makes them domestic terrorists. And they ought to be treated as such.

police-havent-violated-the-geneva-convention-because-protesters-are-our-own-civilians-okay-but...jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Seanchaidh

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
If you wanna talk big, go out and start doing your own dirty work, dude. Put your money where your mouth is. If we're in an active state of military rebellion, grab your rifle and have at it.
If you're suggesting I do anything outside the boundaries of the law nor intend to incite lawless action outside the boundaries of what is defined by law as self-defense, stuff it.

I mean, outside that I already reported one of my senators for materially supporting domestic terrorism when they attended a Blue Lives Matter rally. So, kek.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
If you're suggesting I do anything outside the boundaries of the law nor intend to incite lawless action outside the boundaries of what is defined by law as self-defense, stuff it.
You stuff it, since that's exactly what you've suggested here.
As far as I'm concerned, when the cops started taking off the badges and patches to kidnap people off the street without probable cause, kept tear gassing people in jurisdictions with tear gas bans, and started openly collaborating with violent right-wing extremists, they are and should be considered nothing less than terrorists. Fuck 'em, they're fair game
Outside of any context of what these constables were doing, what they have done in the past, or the identity of the shooter and their motivation, you've called them "fair game".

Plus your editted out comment:
Let's see here. Uniform, check. Line of duty, check. In an AO, check.

Not a war crime, unlike chemical weapons deployment.
Where you have just claimed that apparently this country is in a civil war, and the cops were "fair game" as uniformed combatants.

Before you try to claim that your statements somehow had nothing to do with the thread topic, if you weren't referring to these cops in particular and were just angrily masturbating into the wind, why are you in this thread?

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
They're part of an organization that acts very much like a military occupation, and so it doesn't seem a great stretch that people in the community being occupied have a right of resistance that includes attacking those 'constables' even if the occupation is not technically international in character. The cops could just fuck off. Blue lives don't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.