Typing of the Dead: Overkill Gets Filthy New DLC

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Typing of the Dead: Overkill Gets Filthy New DLC

"Spunk fountain," "pickled pork sword," and "cunning linguist" are some of the phrases you can expect in the DLC.

If you're looking for ways to make your Typing of The Dead: Overkill experience that little bit more filthy (besides all the rotting zombies, that is), the the Filth DLC pack is just for you [http://store.steampowered.com/app/259211/]. "The Filth of the Dead DLC replaces all of the words and phrases in Typing of the Dead: Overkill with terrible innuendo, outrageous insults and even some slurs in Polish," read's the DLC's Steam store description. "If you've ever wanted to type phrases like 'Poo protest' to repel hordes of flesh eating mutants, this is the DLC for you."

the Shakespeare [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/129145-Typing-of-the-Dead-Overkill-Takes-Steam-by-Surprise] pack and the free Football Manager pack).

The Filth of the Dead, just like the Shakespeare pack, costs $2.99, and Sega promises that many more "lexicon" packs are planned for the game.

To celebrate, the game is also currently enjoying a 50% off sale on Steam.

Source: Shack News [http://store.steampowered.com/app/259211/]

Aug 1, 2010
This is one of those things I want to go back in time just to tell stories about to screw with people.

You love Pong, right Jimmy? It's amazing how you can play on the tv, isn't it? Well one day, you will be typing as part of a game.
The game will look like a movie too. There's gonna be zombies in it.
And when the zombies come toward you to eat your brains, you have to type "Pickled Pork Sword" real fast and then the zombies will die.

Truly a great achievement for the progress of mankind.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
This DLC is going to be great for people who play shooters online and don't have a functional microphone. Finally we can get these people to type their insults correctly rather than "u suk".

I see this as the chance for humanity in so many new directions of insults.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
RT said:
I don't know whether to be glad that this game is supported or be angry at them for trying to sell words.
Capitalism is all about making you want to buy stuff and you have to admit, while it is a bit silly, they've made a compelling pitch :p

OT: All we need now is for someone on Steam Workshop to make an actual swear (FUCKSHITCOCKASSFAGGOT!) pack.
It's bad enough getting that spammed in messages from other players without them even being able to spell them right half of the time >.<

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
This is freaking hilarious. It has made me want to get the game. Hmmm......it might make a choice to slap on my laptop before heading off to see the family for the holidays. Ah crap.

Living Contradiction

Clearly obfusticated
Nov 8, 2009
RT said:
I don't know whether to be glad that this game is supported or be angry at them for trying to sell words.
Heh. Don't we all sell our words? Granted, we sell them in varying ways and for varying wages, but words are right up there with our time and attention as far as things we offer for sale to the world.

Back on topic, I might actually have to buy this game now. I've been laughing at the concept too much to just let it slip away.