U.K. Group Calls For Female Doctor Who

MindBullets

Apr 5, 2008
As long as they approach the inevitable spin-off about the Doctor's clone soldier daughter [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doctor's_Daughter] with some maturity and seriousness, this group might get what they want. But that's the only way. There's really no good enough reason to have a transexual Doctor.

Joeshie

Oct 9, 2007
I think the next James Bond should be female too, since there are a lack of female spies. I think the next season of Desperate Housewives should be all male, because there are a lack of male "housewives".

See how stupid this is?

If they want to get more females in those specific roles, then make a new show, don't target one that has been going on for more than forty fucking years.

Sindre1

Nov 8, 2008
But he is a man.
Cant they just have a new Time-lady character that acts a bit like the Doctor?

Maltese_Falcon

Mar 20, 2009
Rooster Cogburn said:
Little movements like these almost make me blush for women everywhere. Isn't this patronizing in the most humiliating way?
Yeah, it is. I die a little inside each time something like this happens. The sad part is I'm sure a lot of TV execs would see this "gender-switch" as the easier route than actually writing a strong female character or show that revolves around a strong female. To change an established character of almost 50 years is not providing a strong female "role model", it's giving in to whining. And giving in to whining doesn't create strong women, it creates whiners.

Being a Doctor Who fan, I too just can't see a female Doctor. If these people really want a "Time-Lady", bring back the Rani.

FISHFINGERS

May 26, 2008
To be honest, if they wanted a female Time-Lord they could bring back Rani or Jenny.
Romana and Susan Forman and presumed dead but could be easily be brought back.

I just find it hard to believe that these people are taking "The curse of fatal death" seriously.

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
Here's a solution that won't ensure that Doctor Who fans die a little inside: Bring back the Rani. Problem solved. Feminists can finally shut up.

fenixrising

Mar 11, 2009
Instead of whinging like little girls. Why dont they themselves write a sci-fi drama with a strong female lead.
Moaning bints

Remleiz

Jan 25, 2009
didnt some people want the new doctor to be either black or richard hammond?

what's next? the new doctor is optimus prime or somthing

Eternal Vigil

Apr 1, 2009
I say bring back Romana.

Then they can have their female timelord and we can have a male Doctor.

Problem solved.

Evertw

Apr 3, 2009
I don't think the should be a woman as the next Doctor Who because, it would seem quite odd that he has revived 10 or 9 times?

And all of those times as a guy.

Meado

Apr 27, 2008
If they succeed (they won't) I'm starting a petition to bring it into games. Daisy Nukem and Larry Croft.

DND Judgement

Sep 30, 2008
ok i'm gonna go with the next dr who already having been anounced and his name is matt smith and he will be the 11th doctor...

as all fans should know the doctor has but 12 lives so there will only be 1 more doctor and i highly doubt that it will be a woman...

The Young One

Mar 26, 2009
Now I am a massive fan of Doctor Who and when they announced David Tennant was stepping down and they told us David Morrisey was taking over, I had an in depth discussion with a couple of mates.
We basically said, yes a female doctor sounds like a good idea (Jennifer Saunders being my choice, if and only if it did happen) but just think, how it would be so much different with a female fronting it.
I already dislike the casting of Matt Smith.
To me, The Doctor should always be a man, I don't know why but going off how it's been since it started, it seemed to work damn well then so why change that?