U.S. Democracy Patched To Version 44.0

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
U.S. Democracy Patched To Version 44.0

In the wake of seemingly countless customer complaints, developers have announced that a long-awaited patch for U.S. Democracy has finally been rolled out.

The patch, which brings U.S. Democracy up to version 44.0, is expected to provide a user experience significantly improved over the earlier version, which after an eight-year service cycle had grown sluggish and unresponsive. Numerous bug fixes and upgrades have been applied across virtually all components of the Democracy suite, including cabinet, judiciary, economy and PvP.

The President, which had generated the largest number of customer service issues, has been given the most significant upgrade: A problem traced back to the improper application of intelligence has been fixed, and the President should now scale properly to national crises. Other fixes include the removal of a bug that allowed the President to ignore debuffs from Legislative classes as well as a "Drain Treasury" exploit that caused the transfer of gold and loot to people on the President's friends list.

The Vice-President has received a large number of fixes as well, including the removal of a bug that caused the Vice-President to aggro on friendly targets. The Vice-President has also been correctly reclassified as a pet.

Other fixes to Democracy include commenting out the Guarded (Blue) and Low (Green) threat levels in Homeland Security since it is incapable of dropping below Elevated (Yellow) anyway, a problem which will hopefully be addressed in future patches; the removal of the Torture debuff, which apparently was responsible for a "record number" of complaints; and the modification or removal of quest chains including Desert Storm, There's No Cake Like Yellow Cake and W-M-Denied.

A full list of bug fixes and upgrades in the U.S. Democracy version 44.0 patch is available at Chrome Cow [http://www.chromecow.com/2009/01/20/us-democracy-server-patch-day/].

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
We'd better stay on watch though; there's a lot of pressure from part of the playerbase to revert some of the fixes with the 44.5 release due out in 2010. Traditionally the devs have handled this with the "Midterm Elections" faction warfare server event.

TJF588

Jan 29, 2009
*response delayed due to registration, 44.5s be damned*

The Internet, take ANY president seriously? Besides, isn't Obama supposed to be techie?

If you'd like some srs bizniz, may I suggest Jonas Kyratzes?
for anyone still harbouring illusions about the Democrats… [http://www.jonas-kyratzes.net/?p=13] (6 Sept 2008)
Change? [http://www.jonas-kyratzes.net/?p=85] (5 Nov 2008)
The road I must travel / Its end I cannot see [http://www.jonas-kyratzes.net/?p=89] (7 Nov 2008)
Change? Sorry, we’re all out. [http://www.jonas-kyratzes.net/?p=220] (22 Jan 2009)
Meet the new boss, same as the old boss… [http://www.jonas-kyratzes.net/?p=243] (29 Jan 2009)

Blind0bserver

Blatant Narcissist
Mar 31, 2008
So, let me get this strait, you posted a "patch notice" for our country about the new president replacing the old president and then you post it as news?

My opinion of you just dropped a bit, Malygris. Writing a news post that was essentially a jab at the old administration seems, I don't know, kinda tasteless, regardless of whether or not you liked the guy to begin with.

theApoc

Oct 17, 2008
Somehow this seems appropriate...

Obamatard - from the urban dictionary.

A a staunch, often combative, supporter of Democratic Party Presidential nominee Barack Hussein Obama that does not have any substantial reason for being so.

When placed in a position of defending their support, obamatards parrot the empty promises, glittering generalities and/or abstractions of the Obama campaign rhetoric.

Obamatards are highly predisposed to manipulation by visual media, group-think and a lack of analytical skills.

Usage: "The obamatard used the rent money her dad gave her to buy a "Hope Change 08" shirt and a "No Bush" skin for her cell phone."

Zetona

Dec 20, 2008
US Democracy has been at v 3.27.0 since about 1991. This is more like US Leadership v 44.0.
The patches for US Democracy have an interesting story. v 1.0.0 came out in 1776, and by 1789 we were already on v 3.0.0, which we've used ever since. In 1792 I believe, ten patches were released at once in an effort to stabilize the system. I personally believe that a v 3.28.0 patch is seriously needed, in order to fix the so-called "Florida exploit" in the system when it tries to process a Leadership update.

Yog Sothoth

Elite Member
Dec 6, 2008
great article, i laughed really hard for the first time in a while... and all you nay-sayers can go to hell if you can't take a joke....

guardian001

Oct 20, 2008
Well that was awesome. People should report the news in this format more often. It makes hearing about current events almost bearable.

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Vanguard1219 said:
So, let me get this strait, you posted a "patch notice" for our country about the new president replacing the old president and then you post it as news?

My opinion of you just dropped a bit, Malygris. Writing a news post that was essentially a jab at the old administration seems, I don't know, kinda tasteless, regardless of whether or not you liked the guy to begin with.
Exactly this, especially since the "patch" has been crap.

EDIT: I love you Jmegansnow for taking the time to say what I was thinking. *high fives*

JMeganSnow

Aug 27, 2008
Definitely amusing, although that "fix" about transferring wealth to the president's friends doesn't seem to have taken. Just look at the new "stimulus" package. What is this other than taking money from the U.S. population of taxpayers to give it to whatever programs the people in power currently believe are "appropriate"?

Even if it were true that spending "stimulates" the economy (it doesn't--at best, it "stimulates" a few sectors, which collapse later because they've grown artificially as a result of the equally artificial stimulus--this is what CAUSED the mortgage bubble in the FIRST place), weren't the people who originally had that money in the going to spend it anyway? (Or, even better, invest it.) Apparently they're just too dumb to know what they want and need the gov't nanny to take their money away and give it to gov't-approved organizations. :p

I want to see a new fix that replaces the "President" label with "Nanny".

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
I laughed quite a lot, though I'm surprised how seriously a few members are taking this.