U2 Wants To Be In a Videogame

BladeOfAkriloth

Jun 30, 2009
Hmm, you know, if for every guy who reaches 100% on any song on expert Bono pulls a poor kid out of Africa and gives him a home, i might just buy this.

Frenger

May 31, 2009
U2 have made some killer songs, but... oh screw it.

I'd rather have Rock Band : U2 than that abysmal shitstorm that was Aerosmith.

Oh, and R.E.M. would be nice too.

Peter Buck is ace, man.

Rafe

Apr 18, 2009
No.. no no no no no no no no no.

If U2 gets a video game, where will it end?

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
I love U2...but i'm not a fan of the rhythm genre. People are over-reacting. They want to be in a game, but they want specific things in terms of there image. Well guess what, it's there image, they have that right. The biggest complaint is that there a bit picky. Big deal.

I don't get all the U2 hate. Sure, he comes across as a bit too strong at times, but its because the things hes advocating against are pretty fucked up. Being too intense about Genocide and astronomical death tolls is pretty much the smallest criticisms you could level at another human being.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
U2 is terrible. This is an awful idea. Even the band should know they're too bad to hae a whole video game based off them.

Lenny Magic

Hypochondriacal Calligrapher
Jan 23, 2009
Charley said:
Jimmy_shredshot said:
Oh noes! Bono in 3D! Such a thing should never have existed...
Is it worth pointing out that technically he's already - oh nevermind.

U2 are already in world peace, planet saving and Father's Day - why do they want to be in a game?
My point still stands... just with a slight change in tense.

So they can make money by selling their iconic names (with extreme danger of distrubing the Tim Langdell dragon) and looks.

Loves2spooge

Apr 13, 2009
There should be a corresponding article for this titled 'No-one wants U2 to be in a Videogame'.

WhiteTiger225

Aug 6, 2009
RAND00M said:
WhiteTiger225 said:
Gorriliaz, Del The Funky Homosapien, Jack Black, Dethklok, Crazy Frog... I could go on.. It would be a fighting game where characters have certain epic C-C-COMBOs with other bands... the brutleness will know no bounds! and it would be awesome to see Dethklok try and look serious teaming up with crazy frog XD
Have it a Fighting/Whatever hero game.Where the winner gets to play a kick ass solo on the corpse of his rival.
Fuck yeah! and have the final boss be God... or bono (Seeing as he considers himself such)!

pilouuuu

Aug 18, 2009
sharks9 said:
Jimmy_shredshot said:
Oh noes! Bono in 3D! Such a thing should never exist...
Bonos a person. That means he's already 3D.

Damn, ninja'd
Well said!

Anyway, I like U2... a lot. But I don't like music games too much. Aren't they all the same? Is there really the need of so much of them besides milking them because their so successful?

I also don't consider U2 has enough rock songs to fill a game. Maybe they should make a Rock Band: Soft Rock with Oasis, REM, U2, Keane and Coldplay. That would make more sense.

Teh_Doomage

Jan 11, 2009
He'll make more money if they just let Harmonix release the songs or albums for play in the regular games...just like anyone else.

Neesa

Jan 29, 2009
WhiteTiger225 said:
Srsly said:
"Hey guys. We went to be popular too..." Ugh, please. U2 totally gives me heartburn, so I definitely wouldn't want them in my Rock Band game.
"Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies"
Scotsmen in back: "THEN STOP CLAPPIN YOUR FOOKIN HANDS!"

But yeah.. they are fucking full of themselves XD
Hahaha. XDDD So funny. But I agree, they are full of themselves. Yeesh. Shouldn't you be trying to heal the world instead of griping about being in a video game, Bono?