Ubisoft Announces Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2, Teases Assassin's Creed Reveal

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
2,804
0
0
Ubisoft Announces Far Cry 5 and The Crew 2, Teases Assassin's Creed Reveal

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1406/1406189.jpgUbisoft just announced two new games and teased a third, but there's very little info for any of them.

Ubisoft is rolling out two game announcements and tease today, but it's not sharing much info beyond a few logos. The company took to its official forums today to announce two sequels, one of which was expected, and the other, maybe not so much.

First, the official forums [http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1579-Far-Cry-5] are now up for Far Cry 5. There's literally no further info beyond a brief question accompanying the new logo (seen below), which asks, "Are you ready for a hefty dose of new Far Cry adventures?"

The other announcement is The Crew 2 [http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1666140]. It too has no further information, other than a tease that reads, "Beyond the road... Stay with us for more high octane thrills!"

Finally, the Ubisoft UK Twitter account reminds us to "sharpens your blade," as an Assassin's Creed announcement is apparently coming soon as well. Here's the tweet:

[tweet t=https://twitter.com/Assassins_UK/status/864511845994024960]

With E3 just under a month away, it's likely we're going to see a lot more announcements accompanied by little to no information. At least we won't have to wait too much longer to get some details.

[gallery=7380]

Permalink
 

bjj hero

New member
Feb 4, 2009
3,180
0
0
None of those games interest me. Rayman is the only ubisoft title I have any faith in.
 

ChaplainOrion

New member
Nov 7, 2011
205
0
0
I'm actually interested in this. The AC logo looks older, being made of stone, and could mean a return to a more simpler style of stabby stabby of the older games.

And Farcry 5 looks like it is sponsored by Pepsi. So that's a refreshing change of pace.
 

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
3,552
7
43
Country
USA
ChaplainOrion said:
I'm actually interested in this. The AC logo looks older, being made of stone, and could mean a return to a more simpler style of stabby stabby of the older games.

And Farcry 5 looks like it is sponsored by Pepsi. So that's a refreshing change of pace.
I see what you did there.

OT: I can see their marketing department worked really hard on that Far Cry logo.

In all seriousness though, if any of these games actually bring something new to the table rather than sticking to the very tired Ubisoft formula I'm interested. Far Cry and Assassin's Creed are both franchises with solid entries and a lot of potential. The Crew... I dunno- I feel like Forza Horizon pretty much has this type of game covered already and they're great.
 

TheScorpion

New member
Feb 24, 2016
122
0
0
Honestly, unless the next Far Cry game lets me hunt dinosaurs like T-Rexes or raptors(which I'm positive Far Cry Primal had none of those), I'll just stick with trying to finish Far Cry 3 whenever I get back to that.

As for The Crew 2, That game lost me at the Microtransactions.

And as for the new Assassin's Creed game, I'm gonna bet it's another AC game with a setting change with nothing really new beyond that.
 

josemlopes

New member
Jun 9, 2008
3,950
0
0
Hey, Far Cry 5 logo is different, hopefully they will break away from the Far Cry 3 mold and try something more fresh.

Far Cry 3 was a good game but we had 4, Primal and Blood Dragon (all rather good) that all played the same.
 

sXeth

Elite Member
Legacy
Nov 15, 2012
2,859
316
88
Far Cry 5 - I guess it'll be good. But even 4 was bit of a retread. Blood Dragon was interesting (whatever happened to the sequel that was talked about). Primal was just trash because it relied on Far Cry's horrible melee system and braindead AI help.

The Crew - Will they have incorporated some sort of gameplay besides drive on the line?

AssCreed - Well they need a)Not a giant glitch fest, and b)Some sort of return to the actual open ended assassination play. Maybe they can buy the Hitman developers off Square for some tips. And either ditch the future stuff or do something intelligible with it.
 

Elijin

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
1,878
775
118
You know what? The Crew was fun. The gameplay was pleasantly arcadey, the map was impressive and playing with your buddies was excellent. I, and everyone who I know that played the first game, am interested in the sequel.

Do I lose my membership for not being a cynical shithead now?
 

Squilookle

New member
Nov 6, 2008
3,584
0
0
If Far Cry does the long rumoured Antarctica setting, I'll be interested.

Personally I'd be way more interested in a new Driver than anything The Crew has to offer.
 

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
17,589
1,797
118
TheScorpion said:
Honestly, unless the next Far Cry game lets me hunt dinosaurs like T-Rexes or raptors(which I'm positive Far Cry Primal had none of those), I'll just stick with trying to finish Far Cry 3 whenever I get back to that.
Well humans and dinosaurs never coexisted together, so...
 

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
4,953
6
13
Elijin said:
You know what? The Crew was fun. The gameplay was pleasantly arcadey, the map was impressive and playing with your buddies was excellent. I, and everyone who I know that played the first game, am interested in the sequel.

Do I lose my membership for not being a cynical shithead now?
Dems da rules. Please leave your badge and offical cynic-launcher at the desk on your way out. And no gawping in awe at the huge marketing posters we just put up, we have a stoic image to maintain and your pension is already on brittle ice as it is.

These details are bearbarebones, but am curious as long as they have no online-only restrictions like NFS has decided to go.
 

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
732
0
0
Johnny Novgorod said:
TheScorpion said:
Honestly, unless the next Far Cry game lets me hunt dinosaurs like T-Rexes or raptors(which I'm positive Far Cry Primal had none of those), I'll just stick with trying to finish Far Cry 3 whenever I get back to that.
Well humans and dinosaurs never coexisted together, so...
I'm sure Info Wars can prove you wrong by showing footage from The Flintstones.
Also as long as The Crew 2 is beyond the road.... "I Wanna Go To Space!"
 

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
2,263
0
1
Lost in my mind
Country
US
Gender
Guy
josemlopes said:
Hey, Far Cry 5 logo is different, hopefully they will break away from the Far Cry 3 mold and try something more fresh.

Far Cry 3 was a good game but we had 4, Primal and Blood Dragon (all rather good) that all played the same.
Oh ye with all the faith this is Ubisoft why change it when its easy to stay the same and churn out all there games with the same formula.
 

Elijin

Elite Member
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
1,878
775
118
Xsjadoblayde said:
Elijin said:
You know what? The Crew was fun. The gameplay was pleasantly arcadey, the map was impressive and playing with your buddies was excellent. I, and everyone who I know that played the first game, am interested in the sequel.

Do I lose my membership for not being a cynical shithead now?
Dems da rules. Please leave your badge and offical cynic-launcher at the desk on your way out. And no gawping in awe at the huge marketing posters we just put up, we have a stoic image to maintain and your pension is already on brittle ice as it is.

These details are bearbarebones, but am curious as long as they have no online-only restrictions like NFS has decided to go.
So you're good with it so long as they take the series in a different direction from what its on?