Ubisoft ask's where the next Assassin's Creed should be set

Angerwing

Kid makes a post...
Jun 1, 2009
Honestly, I would go with the conquering of the Incas by the Spanish.

Have any of you ever read Temple, by Matthew Reilly? That's why. It's got an Assassin's Creed plotline already in it, pretty much.

gruggins

Apr 24, 2011
Thyunda said:
Any. I don't mind. Except for Feudal Japan. Fuck feudal Japan. I am sick of it. Every ten minutes somebody brings up how amazing Japan is, and I will genuinely not buy a game set in feudal Japan. I hate it. Every aspect of it. The names, the culture, the style, just...NOT feudal Japan. Please.
Amen to that! i was just thinking this. feuderal japan has been done to death as a game setting. we need more less-known historic eras for the next game to be set in. (like tzarist russia, eqypt or victorian england).

to all you people saying "japan! because ninjas!" you are why we can't have nice things
(plus how would you fit templars and christianity etc. in an AISIAN setting? it just doesn't make sense)
so yeah basically all of the others sound intriuging, plus who here thinks the Russian tzar would make an awesome templar)

elcamino41383

Mar 24, 2009
Break it up between them all! No wait that'd be a HUGE game. Hmmm, actually I'm fine with that. But anyhow, I'm really interested in all the other assassin's mentioned in Assassin's Creed 2, in the vault under Villa Auditore in Monteriggioni. I'm especially more interested in the one that was shown as to be more of an archer, and the female assassin.

Puzzlenaut

Mar 11, 2011
It should be split 50/50: Lots more Desmond with a good helping of an ancestor from Victorian England.
The Desmond part should take place in the favelas of Rio De Janeiro (because I can think of few better places to set a free-running game than somewhere like that. There would also be some extremely rich districts, business districts and enough road for car chases. They could only come out at night because of the satellites.

The other ancestor should be working to stop the primary antagonists situated in the House of Lords in Victorian England. If he isn't himself Jack the Ripper, the Ripper should definitely be involved somehow. The Assassin should go back to being a pawn of the assassin order, not a leader -- the plot makes more sense when you are not self-determining your missions

NIHILHATE

Aug 21, 2009
Personally, I'd like to see one set in Medieval India (you could hire Monkeys instead of thieves), or pre-industrial England and/or Europe. Paris would be a good setting, with the architecture and kind of cloak and dagger theatricism... Notre Dame would be awesome to climb, and the Eiffel Tower, and it'd be a perfect continuation of the Renaissance Italy setting from Ezio's story... Come to think of it, Pre-Victorian Paris is the perfect setting, why isn't it on the list...?

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
Imperial china would be siiick thats what i've been asking for a while now.

then Feudal Japan.

Lol-Nade

Sep 21, 2011
A modern-day fictional city, with kickass stealth missions and modern assassin equipment.

Nergy

Jul 21, 2011
Victorian London.

Biased? Yes.

My second choice would be what a few people have said, Feudal Japan.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Ancient Rome would also be awesome go from a soldier in Caesar's legion to Egypt. You could be one of the guys that stabs Julius. AC II already had a statue of a female assassin that used poison on Cleopatra, you could team up to take out Mark Antony.

Doesn't matter all that much as long as its pre 1800s. Also no tower defense please.

Clay More

Jul 12, 2010
NO NOT ASIA!! I DONT WANT TO BE A FUCKING NINJA!!!! Why not Prague? That would be cool. Or Victorian England!

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
ManThatYouFear said:
It worry's me when ubisoft DON'T know where to take there own game...
I'd rather them ask us and let the community decide, instead of doing what most company's do and say "this is where the game is set, deal with it"(Obviously they don't say that but you get my drift) when it's quite possibly the community would of preffered a completely different setting.

If they do what the Community once...it could also make more sales...

Stealthfighterx

Mar 16, 2011
Metalhandkerchief said:
No Norwegian/ Swedish unification of Viking clan setting?

I am disappoint. I abstain.

Maybe they don't want to make it seem too much like Skyrim. But it's not like I would ever buy another AssCreed game again >_>
I don't know if there was enough buildings to climb around at that time, but if the setting was there they could include the battle of Stiklestad [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Stiklestad], where St. Olav was killed.

I think St. Olav's shrine [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Olav%27s_shrine#What_happened_to_St._Olav.E2.80.99s_Shrine.3F] could be a piece of Eden as well.

Or they could just include vikings in the multiplayer...