Ubisoft Catalog Comes to Steam

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Ubisoft Catalog Comes to Steam

Steam [http://www.valvesoftware.com/]platform.

The multi-million selling hit Far Cry [http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com/]and many others. Digital packs of many Ubisoft franchises will become available over the coming weeks, and the publisher's future releases are also planned to be carried on the service.

"Ubisoft will be delivering the largest library of titles available from any single publisher or developer to Steam," said Valve's Jason Holtman. "The incredible selection of high quality games from Ubisoft expands the range of genres offered to the millions of PC gamers logging on to Steam every day."

"Ubisoft is excited to be able to offer Steam customers the ability to purchase our upcoming PC releases of Assassin's Creed and more," added, Andy Swanson, Senior Directpt of Strategic Partnerships and Sales at Ubisoft. "In addition, we really believe that Steam customers will enjoy access to our wider range of award-winning, previously released titles as well as future AAA releases such as Far Cry 2. We look forward to working with Steam and continuing to strengthen our commitment to the PC gaming community with innovative products and wider distribution channels."

REDPill357

Jan 5, 2008
Who's going to buy Assassin's Creed after reading the system specs?

I might be able to get some good games from this deal. I don't know Ubisoft's library very well, but there's bound to be SOMETHING good amongst 40 games.

Frapple

Sep 7, 2007
System specs seem really high to say it plays on consoles.

I have a love hate relationship with steam, love it for being a pioneer in digital download, but hate it as it never has what i want.

ZomBuster

Mar 20, 2008
"The incredible selection of high quality games from Ubisoft expands the range of genres offered to the millions of PC gamers logging on to Steam every day."

That is , the part of them that live in the US.

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
Frapple said:
System specs seem really high to say it plays on consoles.
This sort of sentiment is being handed around PC gamers quite frequently nowadays, and its one I resent. People don't seem to realise why consoles cost so much nowadays; they're good as - or better - than your average computer, certainly meeting the average PC gamer's (according to Steam) specs with ease. In addition; Ubisoft don't really care for that many AC fans on the PC; especially since its already made a tonne on the consoles as it is.

OneHP

Optimist Laureate
Jan 31, 2008
Melaisis said:
People don't seem to realise why consoles cost so much nowadays; they're good as - or better - than your average computer
Not really, think about what seems to be a complete lack of anti-aliasing on the 360. Playing COD4 on my brothers 360 on a HDTV and then playing the demo on my 8800 rig you can see huge differences.

Note: Not seen a PS3 on a HDTV with my own eyes so cannot make a comparison there.

ZomBuster said:
That is , the part of them that live in the US.
My debit card doesn't stop me from making purchases in a different currency, yours does?

Squiglish

Mar 26, 2004
I hope Beyond Good and Evil gets on there for a good price, always wanted to try that one.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Heroes of Might and Magic are completely awesome games. But i dont think Ubisoft has the third one, in that case you might as well not bother.