Legacy
Mar 9, 2010
Kansas
Country
U.S.A.
direkiller said:
i wonder how many of the 9 million are from GPU sales

because mine came with watchdogs
Mine did too. Maybe that's why I have the dissenting viewpoint, I liked Watch Dogs. It was just Assassin's Creed the Modern Day, but super easy and overpowered. It utilized the stealth and cover systems making them almost too simple and easy to use. The story was terrible, but really unobtrusive and super easy to ignore. The sandbox city was properly big and really felt alive (by comparison to most sandboxes.) Pedestrians were plentiful, made a satisfying crunch when ran over, and you even got a little pop up telling you if you killed or just maimed them. The driving was so easy/good they really need to make it clunkier for some realism. When you can basically go full throttle constantly through crowded city streets and still control well enough not to have huge bombastic crashes unless you want to... it really needs to be a bit harder than that. AI needed to be much better. Police chases were over in seconds, really any kind of pursuit was way to easy to shake.

Really all 2 needs is to be a bit harder with control and mechanics that don't make it so super easy. Better AI would be good. And if they're just refusing to have a good story or characters, then they need to keep it as bland as Watchdogs was so it's at least easy to ignore.

Oh and they need to make hacking less effective than "it magically and instantaneously fixes all problems." Maybe make it a little less effective or make it take longer or something.

Mortuorum

Oct 20, 2010
Sonicron said:
... Huzzah?
The first game, while conceptionally ambitious, turned out so damn drab and dreary it couldn't hold my interest even until the middle of the plot. This franchise is already filed in my mental junk drawer, along with MOBAs and Spunkgargleweewee.
Yeah, I bought into the hype and bought it at launch. Like Sonicron, I didn't even make it halfway through before I completely lost interest. I have absolutely no interest in a sequel and I sense I'm not alone. Maybe if the sequel tanks, Ubi will get the message? (Nah.)

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Mortuorum said:
Sonicron said:
... Huzzah?
The first game, while conceptionally ambitious, turned out so damn drab and dreary it couldn't hold my interest even until the middle of the plot. This franchise is already filed in my mental junk drawer, along with MOBAs and Spunkgargleweewee.
Yeah, I bought into the hype and bought it at launch. Like Sonicron, I didn't even make it halfway through before I completely lost interest. I have absolutely no interest in a sequel and I sense I'm not alone. Maybe if the sequel tanks, Ubi will get the message? (Nah.)
We can hope, but I doubt it. (Mind you, the sequel may actually turn out well - we can't know yet.)

What infuriates me even more than this mediocre game getting a sequel is the fact that this particular franchise is seeing more use. If Ubi has to grab an established IP from the freezer, why not go with Prince of Persia instead? I'd be way more interested in parcouring my way across fantasy desert locales again.

TrulyBritish

Jan 23, 2013
Sonicron said:
Mortuorum said:
Sonicron said:
... Huzzah?
We can hope, but I doubt it. (Mind you, the sequel may actually turn out well - we can't know yet.)

What infuriates me even more than this mediocre game getting a sequel is the fact that this particular franchise is seeing more use. If Ubi has to grab an established IP from the freezer, why not go with Prince of Persia instead? I'd be way more interested in parcouring my way across fantasy desert locales again.
Yeah, and while Ubisoft make that can they maybe get round to making Beyond Good and Evil 2 as well? Quite liked that one.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
TrulyBritish said:
Yeah, and while Ubisoft make that can they maybe get round to making Beyond Good and Evil 2 as well? Quite liked that one.
Been so long since the first game I keep forgetting about the IP's very existence. I agree, we really need a sequel there, but at this point I sincerely doubt it'll ever happen. It's basically my personal HL2:E3.

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
I liked Watch Dogs, i played it after all the hype for it had subsided so maybe i wasn't expecting a landmark title, was also on PC so wasn't expecting a generation defining experience, i thought the game achieved what it was going for and i look forward to seeing what they do for a sequel... more baton martial arts action i hope.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Another Watch Dogs game? This is iconic. Will the iconic generic white guy have an iconic hat, an iconic coat, or an iconic watch? All I can say is, this game better have some damn iconic DLC.

See? Ubisoft aren't the only ones who don't know what iconic means.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
I can't wait to see the gameplay footage that will look 2-3 times better than what the game will really look like!

nomotog_v1legacy

Jun 21, 2013
RaikuFA said:
circularlogic88 said:
I'll be interested to see what the new white brown haired protagonist's revenge plot will be.
Don't forget the iconic hat.
I demand that hat on a pike!! I will not even consider watchgods 2 unless they toss Aden. Don't fix them, toss them and deny they exist.

Apr 5, 2008
The only thing you can know for certain is that anything they show of it will look absolutely nothing like what you'll get whenever it comes out.

BTW was anyone even asking for a sequel to it? I thought it was pretty bad...mediocre IF I was feeling generous. I'm not.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
So what part is going to be downgraded this time? Joking aside, im actually interested. If we ignore the hype and contraversy crap surounding Watch_Doge its actually a pretty good game.

Xsjadoblayde said:
Will there be a female protagonist? Goddamn it Ubi...it isn't that difficult.
Why should there be a female protagonist?

KingsGambit said:
BTW was anyone even asking for a sequel to it? I thought it was pretty bad...mediocre IF I was feeling generous. I'm not.
It was good, it just didnt live up to hype that made it sound like its best thing since sliced bread. It was a well built Ubisoft game, so if you like Ubisoft games youre gona have a blast, and if you dont like ubisoft games it wasnt aimed at you anyway.

WonkyWarmaiden

Jun 15, 2010
Ubisoft also announced that in a few months everything they show of Watch Dogs 2 at E3 will be revealed to be misleading game footage that lies about how awesome and iconic the graphics are.