Ubisoft Drops the Banhammer on For Honor AFK Farmers

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Ubisoft Drops the Banhammer on For Honor AFK Farmers

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1376/1376860.jpgUbisoft has promised to ban AFK farmers in For Honor, and yesterday it announced that 1,500 players have been banned, with 4,00 more receiving warnings.

If you've played any Ubisoft warned [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/117004-For-Honor-Review] that it would be taking action against players found to be employing any of these methods. Yesterday, it announced the first wave of bans and warnings.

Around 1,500 players were hit with three-day bans, and an additional 4,000 or so new AFK farmers were detected and sent warnings. Ubisoft posted the announcement in the For Honor subreddit [https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/5z5ooc/actions_taken_against_afk_farmers/]. If you've been carrying on with some AFK farming (for shame!) and you want to know if you're affected, Ubi said that "In all cases, impacted players will receive an official email detailing their sanction and the reason behind it."

Ubisoft also pointed out in the post that, "Using a cheat engine to exploit AFK farming is against our Code of Conduct, and these impacted players may get a permaban for cheating."

For Honor released on Valentine's Day, and its upcoming DLC heroes have already leaked [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/169715-For-Honor-Leaked-DLC-Heroes].

[gallery=7047]

King_Julian

Jun 10, 2009
ahhh the banhammer......the only hammer mightier than thors!

how long are said bans for i wonder? doubt its very long...

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
People still play this? I thought the peer-to-peer server bullshit - and all the connection issues associated with it - along with the pay-2-win bullshit had chased most of the people off.

Solkard

Sep 29, 2014
So the punishment for people not playing the game, is to not let them play the game for 3 days?

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Solkard said:
So the punishment for people not playing the game, is to not let them play the game for 3 days?
Yes. I've been a part of PvP games where people just stand there and it hurts the team severely.

Solkard

Sep 29, 2014
Zydrate said:
Solkard said:
Yes. I've been a part of PvP games where people just stand there and it hurts the team severely.
Yeah, but wouldn't it be more productive to auto-kick or let people vote-kick people who were flagged as afk?

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Solkard said:
Zydrate said:
Solkard said:
Yeah, but wouldn't it be more productive to auto-kick or let people vote-kick people who were flagged as afk?
A vote-to-kick would be lovely, yes. Also prone to abuse, kicking people who elitists perceive as "scrub", only to waste a minute of the game while matchmaking finds someone else and potentially worse.
Wouldn't be a problem for me though. I play almost exclusively against AI :|

Solkard

Sep 29, 2014
Zydrate said:
Solkard said:
Zydrate said:
Solkard said:
A vote-to-kick would be lovely, yes. Also prone to abuse, kicking people who elitists perceive as "scrub", only to waste a minute of the game while matchmaking finds someone else and potentially worse.
Wouldn't be a problem for me though. I play almost exclusively against AI :|
That's why I mentioned "people who were flagged as afk". They seem to be able to identify people who are afk to ban/warn them, so only allow people who have been detected to be afk to be vote kicked.

TrulyBritish

Jan 23, 2013
Sorry, can someone give me context into how these people are farming XP and what this achieves (never played this game).
I thought this was basically some kind of multi person fighting game?

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
I disagree with banning rubber banding the control sticks. If you make your game so fucking grindy and boring that using rubber bands on the controller is useful then so be it.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
FoolKiller said:
I disagree with banning rubber banding the control sticks. If you make your game so fucking grindy and boring that using rubber bands on the controller is useful then so be it.
^

Honestly though, I blame the population in the end for buying these games so blindly.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
FoolKiller said:
You get rewards for finishing a match, and the "rubber bands" help to avoid being AFK kicked. The rubber bands don't allow any type of actual playing besides running in circles. Since when do rewards for finishing a match automatically make a game "grindy and boring?" Multiplayer games have been doing this for decades.

I have no problem with the bans. They're even giving first-timers a warning. It's a pretty simple concept that when you purposely harm the multiplayer game environment (sticking people with an AFK teammate), you deserve whatever the devs toss at you.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
oh another ubisoft game that people have to exploit a system to get to the good part and ubisoft is banning people again for it. this will end the same way the division did, with a low player base that's not worth trying to get into.